PDA

View Full Version : unidentified brake calipers

ccc rider
October 10th 04, 08:01 PM
Hi

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7106957947

Any ideas?!

Cheers

cccrider

Dan Daniel
October 10th 04, 08:10 PM

http://www.tektro.com/other/index.html ? (scroll down)

Dan Daniel
October 10th 04, 08:10 PM
On 10 Oct 2004 12:01:29 -0700, (ccc rider) wrote:

>Hi
>
>http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7106957947
>
>Any ideas?!
>
>Cheers
>
>cccrider

http://www.tektro.com/other/index.html ? (scroll down)

ccc rider
October 11th 04, 10:37 AM
Dan Daniel > wrote in message >...
> On 10 Oct 2004 12:01:29 -0700, (ccc rider) wrote:
>
> >Hi
> >
> >http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7106957947
> >
> >Any ideas?!
> >
> >Cheers
> >
> >cccrider
>
> http://www.tektro.com/other/index.html ? (scroll down)

Do you think? I'm not sure about any of those!

I'm trying to work out if they're worth getting!

Cheers

cccrider

ccc rider
October 11th 04, 10:37 AM
Dan Daniel > wrote in message >...
> On 10 Oct 2004 12:01:29 -0700, (ccc rider) wrote:
>
> >Hi
> >
> >http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7106957947
> >
> >Any ideas?!
> >
> >Cheers
> >
> >cccrider
>
> http://www.tektro.com/other/index.html ? (scroll down)

Do you think? I'm not sure about any of those!

I'm trying to work out if they're worth getting!

Cheers

cccrider

ccc rider
October 11th 04, 11:37 PM
(ccc rider) wrote in message >...
> Dan Daniel > wrote in message >...
> > On 10 Oct 2004 12:01:29 -0700, (ccc rider) wrote:
> >
> > >Hi
> > >
> > >http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7106957947
> > >
> > >Any ideas?!
> > >
> > >Cheers
> > >
> > >cccrider
> >
> > http://www.tektro.com/other/index.html ? (scroll down)
>
> Do you think? I'm not sure about any of those!
>
> I'm trying to work out if they're worth getting!
>
> Cheers
>
> cccrider

Sorry, what I meant is, how can you tell they are one of these brakes?
Because I'm not sure, just from a naive observation.

Cheers

cccrider

ccc rider
October 11th 04, 11:37 PM
(ccc rider) wrote in message >...
> Dan Daniel > wrote in message >...
> > On 10 Oct 2004 12:01:29 -0700, (ccc rider) wrote:
> >
> > >Hi
> > >
> > >http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7106957947
> > >
> > >Any ideas?!
> > >
> > >Cheers
> > >
> > >cccrider
> >
> > http://www.tektro.com/other/index.html ? (scroll down)
>
> Do you think? I'm not sure about any of those!
>
> I'm trying to work out if they're worth getting!
>
> Cheers
>
> cccrider

Sorry, what I meant is, how can you tell they are one of these brakes?
Because I'm not sure, just from a naive observation.

Cheers

cccrider

Dan Daniel
October 12th 04, 02:34 AM
On 11 Oct 2004 15:37:48 -0700, (ccc rider) wrote:

(ccc rider) wrote in message >...
>> Dan Daniel > wrote in message >...

>> > http://www.tektro.com/other/index.html ? (scroll down)
>>
>> Do you think? I'm not sure about any of those!
>>
>> I'm trying to work out if they're worth getting!
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> cccrider
>
>Sorry, what I meant is, how can you tell they are one of these brakes?
>Because I'm not sure, just from a naive observation.
>
>Cheers
>
>cccrider

The adjustment barrel with the black rubber. The cable connection on
the left side. The recessed allen bolt on the right side. The pivots
on the brake cartridges. These are the points that make me think that
they might be the same (the ebay item and the Tektro web site brake).

And another part of it is that last spring I went looking for a set of
dual pivot brakes. Other than Shimano and Campy, the only brand I
found were Tektro and Mavic. I am pretty certain that I have seen the
same brake that I have relabeled. Tektro is a maker of parts that are
rebranded.

Maybe there is another company making dual pivot brakes that looks
like these. Cane Creek doesn't make a dual pivot to the best of my
knowledge. Mavic brakes look like this-

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2004/tour04/tech/?id=voeckler-bike/CH9123

Maybe they have another model?

Anyway, for your info, I paid $40 or so for a pair of the Tektros,
new. They are fine. I have some Shimano RSX brakes on another bike and
the Shimanos seems a bit stronger but I have no problems with the
Tektros.

(ccc rider) wrote in message >...
>> Dan Daniel > wrote in message >...

>> > http://www.tektro.com/other/index.html ? (scroll down)
>>
>> Do you think? I'm not sure about any of those!
>>
>> I'm trying to work out if they're worth getting!
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> cccrider
>
>Sorry, what I meant is, how can you tell they are one of these brakes?
>Because I'm not sure, just from a naive observation.
>
>Cheers
>
>cccrider

The adjustment barrel with the black rubber. The cable connection on
the left side. The recessed allen bolt on the right side. The pivots
on the brake cartridges. These are the points that make me think that
they might be the same (the ebay item and the Tektro web site brake).

And another part of it is that last spring I went looking for a set of
dual pivot brakes. Other than Shimano and Campy, the only brand I
found were Tektro and Mavic. I am pretty certain that I have seen the
same brake that I have relabeled. Tektro is a maker of parts that are
rebranded.

Maybe there is another company making dual pivot brakes that looks
like these. Cane Creek doesn't make a dual pivot to the best of my
knowledge. Mavic brakes look like this-

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2004/tour04/tech/?id=voeckler-bike/CH9123

Maybe they have another model?

Anyway, for your info, I paid $40 or so for a pair of the Tektros,
new. They are fine. I have some Shimano RSX brakes on another bike and
the Shimanos seems a bit stronger but I have no problems with the
Tektros.

ccc rider
October 12th 04, 02:36 PM
Dan Daniel > wrote in message >...
> On 11 Oct 2004 15:37:48 -0700, (ccc rider) wrote:
>
> (ccc rider) wrote in message >...

> >> Do you think? I'm not sure about any of those!
> >>
> >> I'm trying to work out if they're worth getting!
> >>
> >> Cheers
> >>
> >> cccrider
> >
> >Sorry, what I meant is, how can you tell they are one of these brakes?
> >Because I'm not sure, just from a naive observation.
> >
> >Cheers
> >
> >cccrider
>
> The adjustment barrel with the black rubber. The cable connection on
> the left side. The recessed allen bolt on the right side. The pivots
> on the brake cartridges. These are the points that make me think that
> they might be the same (the ebay item and the Tektro web site brake).

You're totally right!

> And another part of it is that last spring I went looking for a set of
> dual pivot brakes. Other than Shimano and Campy, the only brand I
> found were Tektro and Mavic. I am pretty certain that I have seen the
> same brake that I have relabeled. Tektro is a maker of parts that are
> rebranded.
>
> Maybe there is another company making dual pivot brakes that looks
> like these. Cane Creek doesn't make a dual pivot to the best of my
> knowledge. Mavic brakes look like this-
>
> http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2004/tour04/tech/?id=voeckler-bike/CH9123
>
> Maybe they have another model?
>
> Anyway, for your info, I paid $40 or so for a pair of the Tektros,
> new. They are fine. I have some Shimano RSX brakes on another bike and
> the Shimanos seems a bit stronger but I have no problems with the
> Tektros.

I'm just refurbishing an 80s racer and so I think these will be fine.
I have some 2nd hand Campagnalo brake levers (with the quick release)
so these Tektros seem compatible good enough for the moment (if I win
the auction!!).

Well, thanks very much for your interest and help with this!

CCC Rider

ccc rider
October 12th 04, 02:36 PM
Dan Daniel > wrote in message >...
> On 11 Oct 2004 15:37:48 -0700, (ccc rider) wrote:
>
> (ccc rider) wrote in message >...

> >> Do you think? I'm not sure about any of those!
> >>
> >> I'm trying to work out if they're worth getting!
> >>
> >> Cheers
> >>
> >> cccrider
> >
> >Sorry, what I meant is, how can you tell they are one of these brakes?
> >Because I'm not sure, just from a naive observation.
> >
> >Cheers
> >
> >cccrider
>
> The adjustment barrel with the black rubber. The cable connection on
> the left side. The recessed allen bolt on the right side. The pivots
> on the brake cartridges. These are the points that make me think that
> they might be the same (the ebay item and the Tektro web site brake).

You're totally right!

> And another part of it is that last spring I went looking for a set of
> dual pivot brakes. Other than Shimano and Campy, the only brand I
> found were Tektro and Mavic. I am pretty certain that I have seen the
> same brake that I have relabeled. Tektro is a maker of parts that are
> rebranded.
>
> Maybe there is another company making dual pivot brakes that looks
> like these. Cane Creek doesn't make a dual pivot to the best of my
> knowledge. Mavic brakes look like this-
>
> http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2004/tour04/tech/?id=voeckler-bike/CH9123
>
> Maybe they have another model?
>
> Anyway, for your info, I paid $40 or so for a pair of the Tektros,
> new. They are fine. I have some Shimano RSX brakes on another bike and
> the Shimanos seems a bit stronger but I have no problems with the
> Tektros.

I'm just refurbishing an 80s racer and so I think these will be fine.
I have some 2nd hand Campagnalo brake levers (with the quick release)
so these Tektros seem compatible good enough for the moment (if I win
the auction!!).

Well, thanks very much for your interest and help with this!

CCC Rider

Chalo
October 13th 04, 12:09 AM
(ccc rider) wrote:

> I'm just refurbishing an 80s racer and so I think these will be fine.
> I have some 2nd hand Campagnalo brake levers (with the quick release)
> so these Tektros seem compatible good enough for the moment (if I win
> the auction!!).

I have had great experiences with Tektro brakes. I understand that
some of their cheaper OEM products are relative junk, but all the
nicer retail-level parts I have gotten from them (U-brakes, linear
pull brakes, flat bar levers, canti brake boosters) have performed
well and have been very good value.

Chalo Colina

Chalo
October 13th 04, 12:09 AM
(ccc rider) wrote:

> I'm just refurbishing an 80s racer and so I think these will be fine.
> I have some 2nd hand Campagnalo brake levers (with the quick release)
> so these Tektros seem compatible good enough for the moment (if I win
> the auction!!).

I have had great experiences with Tektro brakes. I understand that
some of their cheaper OEM products are relative junk, but all the
nicer retail-level parts I have gotten from them (U-brakes, linear
pull brakes, flat bar levers, canti brake boosters) have performed
well and have been very good value.

Chalo Colina

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home