PDA

View Full Version : crankset cleaning

Thomas
October 11th 04, 07:35 PM
The bearings in the crank set of my bike are really dirty and have sand
and dirt in them, how do I go about cleaning them? I know the best thing
to do is take it to the shop, but the biking season's almost out and I
don't know how long they'll take with the bike.

daveornee
October 11th 04, 08:49 PM
Thomas Wrote:
> The bearings in the crank set of my bike are really dirty and have sand
> and dirt in them, how do I go about cleaning them? I know the best
> thing
> to do is take it to the shop, but the biking season's almost out and I
> don't know how long they'll take with the bike.

First read the Park Tool Repair site article:

<http://www.parktool.com/repair_help/FAQgrind.shtml>

If you still need to overhaul click the link and follow those
directions.

--
daveornee

daveornee
October 11th 04, 08:49 PM
Thomas Wrote:
> The bearings in the crank set of my bike are really dirty and have sand
> and dirt in them, how do I go about cleaning them? I know the best
> thing
> to do is take it to the shop, but the biking season's almost out and I
> don't know how long they'll take with the bike.

First read the Park Tool Repair site article:

<http://www.parktool.com/repair_help/FAQgrind.shtml>

If you still need to overhaul click the link and follow those
directions.

--
daveornee

Google