PDA

View Full Version : Wheel building questions

big Pete
October 12th 04, 02:41 PM
David L. Johnson Wrote:

> You probably have them already, but if not I recommend butted spokes.
> They make a more reliable wheel.

I am a big guy (245 pounds last time I checked) will butted spokes mak
that big of a strength difference in the wheel? I did not buy the ri
and spokes yet. I am thinking of a Sun double walled rim with eyelet
that I can get for a good price. And the spokes are 14 gauge stainles
steal (non butted) as stated in the my first post. I will Also try t
make a dish stick. Looks like I am able to make it from the suggestion
you guys have given me.

Thank you all

Pet

--