PDA

View Full Version : Le Vélo de Ghislain Lambert movie

Rik O'Shea
October 15th 04, 10:24 AM
If anyone has seen this DVD you'll known that its an excellent movie
and
a wry critique on European bike racing in the 70's. The film pays
great attention to detail in that the jerseys, bikes and equipment are
all circa 1970's - I was very impressed. Given this attention to
detail I couldn't figure out the anomaly that the image on the DVD
package presented. You may need to look closely, here it is...
http://tinyurl.com/5hf8l

.... The front chainring, freewheel etc are all on the wrong side!

-R

October 15th 04, 08:34 PM
On 15 Oct 2004 02:24:07 -0700, (Rik
O'Shea) wrote:

>If anyone has seen this DVD you'll known that its an excellent movie
>and
>a wry critique on European bike racing in the 70's. The film pays
>great attention to detail in that the jerseys, bikes and equipment are
>all circa 1970's - I was very impressed. Given this attention to
>detail I couldn't figure out the anomaly that the image on the DVD
>package presented. You may need to look closely, here it is...
> http://tinyurl.com/5hf8l
>

>... The front chainring, freewheel etc are all on the wrong side!
>
>-R

Dear Rik,

This may be the most blatant example of left-wing spinning
ever seen.

Carl Fogel

O'Shea) wrote:

>If anyone has seen this DVD you'll known that its an excellent movie
>and
>a wry critique on European bike racing in the 70's. The film pays
>great attention to detail in that the jerseys, bikes and equipment are
>all circa 1970's - I was very impressed. Given this attention to
>detail I couldn't figure out the anomaly that the image on the DVD
>package presented. You may need to look closely, here it is...
> http://tinyurl.com/5hf8l
>

>... The front chainring, freewheel etc are all on the wrong side!
>
>-R

Dear Rik,

This may be the most blatant example of left-wing spinning
ever seen.

Carl Fogel

LioNiNoiL_a t_Y a h 0 0_d 0 t_c 0 m
October 15th 04, 11:38 PM
> I couldn't figure out the anomaly that the image on the DVD
> package presented. You may need to look closely, here it is...
> http://tinyurl.com/5hf8l
>
> ... The front chainring, freewheel etc are all on the wrong side!

That must be the rare "Chaîne du Côté Gauche" drive! I think Sheldon has
a web-page 'bout it somewhere...

LioNiNoiL_a t_Y a h 0 0_d 0 t_c 0 m
October 15th 04, 11:38 PM
> I couldn't figure out the anomaly that the image on the DVD
> package presented. You may need to look closely, here it is...
> http://tinyurl.com/5hf8l
>
> ... The front chainring, freewheel etc are all on the wrong side!

That must be the rare "Chaîne du Côté Gauche" drive! I think Sheldon has
a web-page 'bout it somewhere...

Bruce Lange
October 16th 04, 12:19 AM
> ... The front chainring, freewheel etc are all on the wrong side!

Maybe they copied the Breaking Away image . . . same story on mine at least.

Bruce Lange
October 16th 04, 12:19 AM
> ... The front chainring, freewheel etc are all on the wrong side!

Maybe they copied the Breaking Away image . . . same story on mine at least.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home