PDA

View Full Version : old Dura Ace

firm65
October 25th 04, 11:53 PM
Will the old Dura Ace still be available? Will it be discontinued?

Paul Bauer
October 26th 04, 12:41 AM
sora is going 9 speed this year?

> 10 speed all the way except for 105,
> Tiagra and Sora, which are 9 spd.

Jeff Starr
October 26th 04, 12:52 AM
On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 18:53:19 -0400, "firm65" > wrote:

>Will the old Dura Ace still be available? Will it be discontinued?

Hi,I believe DA triple in 9-speed is still available.

Life is Good!
Jeff

Philip W. Moore, Jr.
October 26th 04, 01:55 AM
Discontinued, and already hard as hell to find new. Even the 9 spd. Ultegra
is on fire sale all over the web. 10 speed all the way except for 105,

"firm65" > wrote in message
> Will the old Dura Ace still be available? Will it be discontinued?

Qui si parla Campagnolo
October 26th 04, 02:18 PM
firm-<< Will the old Dura Ace still be available? Will it be discontinued?
>><BR><BR>

It will be available with triple left shifter(works fine with a double crank,
like the 10s one-thanks Sheldon).

The things that are gong away for 2005 are the 7700 front hub, probably the
brake calipers , the 109.5 DA BB and the double 7700 crank.

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535
http://www.vecchios.com

G. Huang
October 26th 04, 06:25 PM
Philip W. Moore, Jr. wrote:

> Discontinued, and already hard as hell to find new. Even the 9 spd. Ultegra
> is on fire sale all over the web.

Fire sale? Where? Nashbar just hiked up the price of ST6510 to
$273/pair. I almost bought a pair as spare when they were $129 in the
summer.
GH

Philip W. Moore, Jr.
October 27th 04, 04:03 AM
The new Colorado Cyclist catalogue is selling a whole group, hubs and CHRIS
KING HEADSET INCLUDED, for $625.00.

"G. Huang" > wrote in message
> Philip W. Moore, Jr. wrote:
>
> > Discontinued, and already hard as hell to find new. Even the 9 spd.
Ultegra
> > is on fire sale all over the web.
>
> Fire sale? Where? Nashbar just hiked up the price of ST6510 to
> $273/pair. I almost bought a pair as spare when they were $129 in the
> summer.
> GH

Philip W. Moore, Jr.
October 27th 04, 04:09 AM
Ugh, sorry, that's Ultegra 9 I just mentioned. They don't have any more
Dura Ace 9, but at that price, who cares? And Peter C.'s right: You can run
9 spd shifters and derailleurs with 8 spd. cogs; all you need to do is set
the limit screws on the rear derailleur to block off the 9th cog.

"Philip W. Moore, Jr." > wrote in message
> The new Colorado Cyclist catalogue is selling a whole group, hubs and
CHRIS
> KING HEADSET INCLUDED, for $625.00.
>
> "G. Huang" > wrote in message
> > Philip W. Moore, Jr. wrote:
> >
> > > Discontinued, and already hard as hell to find new. Even the 9 spd.
> Ultegra
> > > is on fire sale all over the web.
> >
> > Fire sale? Where? Nashbar just hiked up the price of ST6510 to
> > $273/pair. I almost bought a pair as spare when they were $129 in the
> > summer.
> > GH

Mark Wolfe
October 28th 04, 04:52 AM
Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:
> Phillip-<< And Peter C.'s right: You can run
> 9 spd shifters and derailleurs with 8 spd. cogs; all you need to do is set
> the limit screws on the rear derailleur to block off the 9th cog. >><BR><BR>
>
> Never said this as it isn't true. 9s shifters will shift 9s spacing, unless you
> use a DA 8s rear der. You can use '8s cogs' with 9s shifters but must space the
> cogs to 9s spacing.

Campy and a shiftmate. :)

--
Mark Wolfe Lakeside, ca http://www.wolfenet.org
gpg fingerprint = 42B6 EFEB 5414 AA18 01B7 64AC EF46 F7E6 82F6 8C71

Qui si parla Campagnolo
October 28th 04, 02:07 PM
mark-<< Campy and a shiftmate. :) >><BR><BR>

or Campagnolo with a Campagnolo. Low end Mirage rear ders are almost the same
price w/o any 'gizmos' to use.

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.