PDA

View Full Version : Cinelli XA stem question

Patrick W.
October 27th 04, 07:57 PM
Does anyone remember whether Cinelli XA stems originally came with a colored
plastic/rubber insert between the faces of the handlebar clamp? I have an XA
on my current bike and it does have an insert. However I've sourced a "new"
boxed XA for a new bike I'm building, but the seller says it doesn't have an
insert, and never came with one from the factory. Perhaps the bike shop that
built my current bike oh so many years ago put the insert in there? Anyone
remember these stems? I'm worried it may be noisy as all heck w/o the
insert, especially if it was designed to have one.

- Patrick W.

Donald Gillies
October 27th 04, 08:52 PM
"Patrick W." > writes:

>Does anyone remember whether Cinelli XA stems originally came with a colored
>plastic/rubber insert between the faces of the handlebar clamp?

This question can be answered in the affirmative in 5 mins using google.
please make a note of this.

- Don Gillies
San Diego, CA

gwhite
October 27th 04, 09:30 PM
"Patrick W." wrote:

> Does anyone remember whether Cinelli XA stems originally came with a colored
> plastic/rubber insert between the faces of the handlebar clamp? I have an XA
> on my current bike and it does have an insert. However I've sourced a "new"
> boxed XA for a new bike I'm building, but the seller says it doesn't have an
> insert, and never came with one from the factory. Perhaps the bike shop that
> built my current bike oh so many years ago put the insert in there? Anyone
> remember these stems? I'm worried it may be noisy as all heck w/o the
> insert, especially if it was designed to have one.

I have a bunch of those. I found them useless. My handlebars did not rattle.

DanSMeyers
October 28th 04, 01:32 AM
>Does anyone remember whether Cinelli XA stems originally came with a colored
>plastic/rubber insert between the faces of the handlebar clamp?

mine did.

A Muzi
October 28th 04, 04:29 AM
Patrick W. wrote:

> Does anyone remember whether Cinelli XA stems originally came with a colored
> plastic/rubber insert between the faces of the handlebar clamp? I have an XA
> on my current bike and it does have an insert. However I've sourced a "new"
> boxed XA for a new bike I'm building, but the seller says it doesn't have an
> insert, and never came with one from the factory. Perhaps the bike shop that
> built my current bike oh so many years ago put the insert in there? Anyone
> remember these stems? I'm worried it may be noisy as all heck w/o the
> insert, especially if it was designed to have one.

Just an aesthetic touch - they came in 3 colors - and in no
way relevant to any noise or the security of the bar attachment.

(I have some, if you want to change color on yours!)
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org

Qui si parla Campagnolo
October 28th 04, 01:57 PM
mangoes-<< Does anyone remember whether Cinelli XA stems originally came with a
colored
plastic/rubber insert between the faces of the handlebar clamp? >><BR><BR>

yes they did in a variety of colors, in a plastic bag.

You can over tighten the thing w/o the insert and break the front..26.4mm hbars
only!!

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535
http://www.vecchios.com

Patrick W.
October 28th 04, 08:56 PM
Thanks. Yep, I also found new Cinelli Mod bars in 26.4! I think technically
I may be too young to be a "retro grouch", but I sure do prefer the
aesthetics of the old school parts!

- Patrick W.

"Qui si parla Campagnolo " > wrote in message
> mangoes-<< Does anyone remember whether Cinelli XA stems originally came
> with a
> colored
> plastic/rubber insert between the faces of the handlebar clamp? >><BR><BR>
>
> yes they did in a variety of colors, in a plastic bag.
>
> You can over tighten the thing w/o the insert and break the front..26.4mm
> hbars
> only!!
>
> Peter Chisholm
> Vecchio's Bicicletteria
> 1833 Pearl St.
> Boulder, CO, 80302
> (303)440-3535
> http://www.vecchios.com
> "Ruote convenzionali costruite eccezionalmente bene"

Fred Clydesdale
October 29th 04, 03:24 AM
In article >,
(Qui si parla Campagnolo ) wrote:

> You can over tighten the thing w/o the insert and break the front..26.4mm
> hbars

ah, cripes! as if i didn't have *enough* hbar sizes to keep track of,
now i've got to worry about 26.4mm too?

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home