PDA

View Full Version : which Camelbak vs High Sierra water system

Phil Schuman
July 12th 03, 11:25 PM
"Phil Schuman" > wrote in message
> "R.White" > wrote in message
> > I own a Camelbak M.U.L.E. but just bought a "High Siera" Drench.
> >
> > See it here:
> >
> > <http://www.irvs.com/image.php?itemno=HS6872>
> >
> > I prefer it over the MULE. It has more space, pockets, etc. It has a
> huge
> > channel running up the back for airflow. Waist strap and sternum
> strap,
> > insulated drinking tube. Best of all, it was only $20.00 at Sam's
> Club.
>-----------
>
> I wonder how the drinking tube is comparing the two brands...
> along with the mouth water release fixture ?
>
> Everywhere seems to have the Camelbak,
> but have not found a High Sierra anything...
> I may have to break down and order one online just to see it -
>
> Phil -

R.White
July 13th 03, 02:24 PM
"Phil Schuman" > wrote in message >...
> "Phil Schuman" > wrote in message
> > "R.White" > wrote in message
> > > I own a Camelbak M.U.L.E. but just bought a "High Siera" Drench.
> > >
> > > See it here:
> > >
> > > <http://www.irvs.com/image.php?itemno=HS6872>
> > >
> > > I prefer it over the MULE. It has more space, pockets, etc. It has a
> huge
> > > channel running up the back for airflow. Waist strap and sternum
> strap,
> > > insulated drinking tube. Best of all, it was only $20.00 at Sam's
> > Club.
> >-----------
> >
> > I wonder how the drinking tube is comparing the two brands...
> > along with the mouth water release fixture ?
> >
> > Everywhere seems to have the Camelbak,
> > but have not found a High Sierra anything...
> > I may have to break down and order one online just to see it -

Are you near a Sam's Club? I'm not sure if they all have the same
stuff.

The actual drinking tube is the same on both. The mouthpiece is
different. You can purchase a Camelbak mouthpiece for around $6.00
and use it on the High Sierra. I know because I have my old Camelbak
Big Bite valve on there now. There was nothing wrong with the High
Seirra mouthpiece per say, just that the Camelbak had a higher flow
rate so it's
easier to get more water at any given time.

There are a few on EBay at this moment. I am not connected in any way
with the seller.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home