PDA

View Full Version : Re: Frankie Andreu - Yay or Nay?

scottw44
July 10th 03, 11:32 AM
Frankie has access to Lance that is unlike that of any other reporter. Plus
he seems like a nice guy and seems to warm as he gets a few q's in.

IMO, no Frankie=less Lance.

--
scott

Fbicker
July 10th 03, 12:54 PM
Frankie does a good job with the time given him. 10 sec to interview someone,
10 sec isn't much time to ask and receive an answer to your question. He needs
more time to get into the swing of the things. I enjoy hearing him explain the
tech stuff...

B. Lafferty
July 10th 03, 01:26 PM
He be much better after popping a Valium.

"Fbicker" > wrote in message
> Frankie does a good job with the time given him. 10 sec to interview
someone,
> 10 sec isn't much time to ask and receive an answer to your question. He
needs
> more time to get into the swing of the things. I enjoy hearing him
explain the
> tech stuff...

Nick Burns
July 10th 03, 03:36 PM
"scottw44" me garbage.com> wrote in message
.. .
> Frankie has access to Lance that is unlike that of any other reporter.
Plus
> he seems like a nice guy and seems to warm as he gets a few q's in.
>
> IMO, no Frankie=less Lance.
> --
> scott

I don't know if less, but certainly less open. The only time I have seen him
at ease is when Frankie is talking to him. Imagine how he would react to
certain other ex-cyclists. Greg Lemond asks him, "So how does it feel to
have a chance at beating my virtual Tour record?"

Al
July 10th 03, 10:40 PM
In article >, scottw44
@bellsouth.stopsendng says...
> Frankie has access to Lance that is unlike that of any other reporter. Plus
> he seems like a nice guy and seems to warm as he gets a few q's in.
>
> IMO, no Frankie=less Lance.

Good observation, but I hope it isn't true. I like to believe that
Lance wouldn't disregard the role OLN plays in U.S. coverage (whomever
might be interviewing him, and however much you do or don't care for it)
- if not for the sake of fostering cycling interest in the U.S. then for
the sake of influencing his own charity work (more face time = more
contributions)

John Spann
July 11th 03, 02:52 AM
Time Cop wrote:
> Does anyone else feel uncomfortable when Frankie Andreu's segments come
> on OLN and he starts asking questions?
>
> The guy certainly has experience as a Tour rider, but when it comes to
> asking a question, he just can't seem to come up with a good one.
>
> It reminds me of the 1990 Tour coverage on ABC Sports and "Good Morning
> America" with http://www.icechampions.com/saltlake02/opening/openingcer-
> emony/o16.jpgBeth Ruyak asking Greg LeMond, "How much do those
> (tri-)bars help?"
>

> --

Even my wife says, "He may have been a decent rider, but he's a dumbass."

John

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home