PDA

View Full Version : Virenque

DaveG
July 12th 03, 04:33 PM
Today's stage was tailor made for Richard,someone should have a word
with LeBlanc.

What do they call this style win(Jalabert used to refer to this all
the time)-in French, 'escapade' or something??

Anyway,great great stage win.

Speaking of Jaja,I'm really missing him this year.
When the fat lady sings.........
--
ATB-DaveG

DaveG
July 12th 03, 10:41 PM
"Keith" > wrote in message

> >Anyway,great great stage win.
> >
> >Speaking of Jaja,I'm really missing him this year.
>
> If you were in France you could hear him comment the race live from
a motorbike. Sure beats hearing Billy Patrick on OLN like I did last
year!

Good stuff!

One of the TDF heroes is Jalabert-I bet he ends up running a team.
I love that-the old cyclists reappear years later with a clipboard and
headset-did you see Criquelion yet?

ATB-DG.

DaveG
July 12th 03, 10:54 PM
"AMG" > wrote in message
> > What do they call this style win (Jalabert used to refer to this
all
> > the time) -in French, 'escapade' or something??
> >

> The French word échappée (if the accents get mangled I'll try to
repost) has
> been used a lot recently, at least over here on the French
television
> broadcasts, so maybe this is what you are referring to? It refers to
an
> "escape" by a number of cyclists, from the peloton, so maybe
"breakaway"
> would be a reasonable translation, as in "he led a three-man
échappée at km
> 35..."
>
> Voilà.

Hmmm,that's not it,sorry.
Damn thing is driving me crazy now!
It's more like ordeal or adventure.
Thanks.

DaveG,

Ewoud Dronkert
July 12th 03, 11:19 PM
On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 22:54:09 +0100, DaveG wrote:
> It's more like ordeal or adventure.

The French have a typical French word for that: "raid".

benjo maso
July 12th 03, 11:58 PM
"DaveG" > wrote in message
> "AMG" > wrote in message
> > > What do they call this style win (Jalabert used to refer to this
> all
> > > the time) -in French, 'escapade' or something??
> > >

> > The French word échappée (if the accents get mangled I'll try to
> repost) has
> > been used a lot recently, at least over here on the French
> television
> > broadcasts, so maybe this is what you are referring to? It refers to
> an
> > "escape" by a number of cyclists, from the peloton, so maybe
> "breakaway"
> > would be a reasonable translation, as in "he led a three-man
> échappée at km
> > 35..."
> >
> > Voilà.
> >
> Hmmm,that's not it,sorry.