PDA

View Full Version : Alternate USPS Jersey?

brian roth
July 12th 03, 04:39 PM
Now am I seeing things, or was Lance and George wearing
a jersey that differed from those of the rest of the team?

Darker blue, no logos on the sleeves, and larger red vent
panels.

Ryan Cousineau
July 12th 03, 05:27 PM
In article >,
(brian roth) wrote:

> Now am I seeing things, or was Lance and George wearing
> a jersey that differed from those of the rest of the team?
>
> Darker blue, no logos on the sleeves, and larger red vent
> panels.

It looked to me like at least some of the USPS riders had almost
translucent blue panels on the panels behind the shoulder. Whether this
was what happens to the standard jersey when they sweat, or this was a
special mountain (or hot weather) jersey, I don't know.

But I sure wouldn't be surprised to find out that they get to pick from
five different kits in the morning (TT suit, hot weather, standard, cold
weather, special third jersey?)

--
Ryan Cousineau, http://www.sfu.ca/~rcousine
President, Fabrizio Mazzoleni Fan Club

Daniel S. Lieb
July 12th 03, 05:33 PM
Yep.
There was a report on their 'mountains jersey' bike Nike on
cyclingnews.com in the past couple days. Ultra light and breathable.
That thing looked really weird on tv - looked pretty flimsy too.

Daniel

brian roth wrote:

> Now am I seeing things, or was Lance and George wearing
> a jersey that differed from those of the rest of the team?
>
> Darker blue, no logos on the sleeves, and larger red vent
> panels.

Stewart Fleming
July 12th 03, 09:09 PM
brian roth wrote:
> Now am I seeing things, or was Lance and George wearing
> a jersey that differed from those of the rest of the team?

Pena was wearing a yellow one.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home