PDA

View Full Version : Re: TOUR DE FRANCE HEART RATE

M. Wehrmann
July 13th 03, 08:22 AM
"Uwe Reymann" > schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> I have been trying to get some facts and figures of Heart Rates on the
Tour
> de France.
>
> Are there any figures available relating to Heart Rates on flat stretches
as
> well as climbing?
>
> My wife thought she heard a commentator mention a Heart Rate in excess of
> 180 during Saturday's stage.

That's right.
Yesterday TV Station ZDF (Germany)
was cooperating with Aldag (2nd behind Virenque).

Aldag's average rate was 180/min on the way to Morzine.
[ www.zdf.de ]

M Wehrmann

TAF
July 13th 03, 12:52 PM
Check out Polar's web site. They are posting the daily heartrate logs of
two tour participants.

"M. Wehrmann" > wrote in message

> "Uwe Reymann" > schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > I have been trying to get some facts and figures of Heart Rates on the
> Tour
> > de France.
> >
> > Are there any figures available relating to Heart Rates on flat
stretches
> as
> > well as climbing?
> >
> > My wife thought she heard a commentator mention a Heart Rate in excess
of
> > 180 during Saturday's stage.
> >

> That's right.
> Yesterday TV Station ZDF (Germany)
> was cooperating with Aldag (2nd behind Virenque).
>
> Aldag's average rate was 180/min on the way to Morzine.
> [ www.zdf.de ]
>
> M Wehrmann

Antti Salonen
July 13th 03, 01:19 PM
TAF > wrote:

> Check out Polar's web site. They are posting the daily heartrate logs of
> two tour participants.

Also, Eurosport coverage has had live heartrate information from
certain, mostly domestique riders. Is this information not available for
other tv networks? I think it was Paolo Bettini whose heart rate was shown
to be in the low 60's last week, when cruising in the peloton.

-as

Gary
July 13th 03, 01:50 PM
Do you have a URL??? I could not find it at polarusa.com
Gary

Antti Salonen wrote:

>TAF > wrote:
>

>>Check out Polar's web site. They are posting the daily heartrate logs of
>>two tour participants.
>>

>Also, Eurosport coverage has had live heartrate information from
>certain, mostly domestique riders. Is this information not available for
>other tv networks? I think it was Paolo Bettini whose heart rate was shown
>to be in the low 60's last week, when cruising in the peloton.
>
>-as

goulot
July 13th 03, 02:13 PM
195 is the max for lactic acid limit
Botcharov is at 153 right now in the Galibier

"M. Wehrmann" > a écrit dans le message de

> "Uwe Reymann" > schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > I have been trying to get some facts and figures of Heart Rates on the
> Tour
> > de France.
> >
> > Are there any figures available relating to Heart Rates on flat
stretches
> as
> > well as climbing?
> >
> > My wife thought she heard a commentator mention a Heart Rate in excess
of
> > 180 during Saturday's stage.
> >

> That's right.
> Yesterday TV Station ZDF (Germany)
> was cooperating with Aldag (2nd behind Virenque).
>
> Aldag's average rate was 180/min on the way to Morzine.
> [ www.zdf.de ]
>
> M Wehrmann

Tapio Rauma
July 13th 03, 02:29 PM
http://tdf.polar.fi/tourdefrance/

BR, Tapio.

"Gary" > wrote in message
> Do you have a URL??? I could not find it at polarusa.com
> Gary
>
> Antti Salonen wrote:
>
> >TAF > wrote:
> >

> >>Check out Polar's web site. They are posting the daily heartrate logs
of
> >>two tour participants.
> >>

> >Also, Eurosport coverage has had live heartrate information from
> >certain, mostly domestique riders. Is this information not available for
> >other tv networks? I think it was Paolo Bettini whose heart rate was
shown
> >to be in the low 60's last week, when cruising in the peloton.
> >
> >-as

Sam
July 13th 03, 11:02 PM
Go find PubMed and do a search for Jeukendrup. He has published several
papers. Other authors are Terrados who has also published some papers. You
will only see abstracts.

"Uwe Reymann" > wrote in message
> I have been trying to get some facts and figures of Heart Rates on the
Tour
> de France.
>
> Are there any figures available relating to Heart Rates on flat stretches
as
> well as climbing?
>
> My wife thought she heard a commentator mention a Heart Rate in excess of
> 180 during Saturday's stage.
>

> Thanks
>

> Uwe Reymann

Sam
July 13th 03, 11:03 PM
"goulot" > wrote in message
> 195 is the max for lactic acid limit

Really? So everyone is the same?

> Botcharov is at 153 right now in the Galibier

> "M. Wehrmann" > a écrit dans le message de
> >
> > "Uwe Reymann" > schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > > I have been trying to get some facts and figures of Heart Rates on the
> > Tour
> > > de France.
> > >
> > > Are there any figures available relating to Heart Rates on flat
> stretches
> > as
> > > well as climbing?
> > >
> > > My wife thought she heard a commentator mention a Heart Rate in excess
> of
> > > 180 during Saturday's stage.
> > >

> > That's right.
> > Yesterday TV Station ZDF (Germany)
> > was cooperating with Aldag (2nd behind Virenque).
> >
> > Aldag's average rate was 180/min on the way to Morzine.
> > [ www.zdf.de ]
> >
> > M Wehrmann

warren
July 14th 03, 04:33 AM
In article >, Sam
> wrote:

> "goulot" > wrote in message
> > 195 is the max for lactic acid limit
>
> Really? So everyone is the same?

Of course. He's 22 years old so 220-22= 198mhr. His LTHR is 98% of his
MHR. Not bad.

-WG

Stewart Fleming
July 14th 03, 09:24 AM
warren wrote:

> Of course. He's 22 years old so 220-22= 198mhr. His LTHR is 98% of his
> MHR. Not bad.

I thought we discredited that MHR formula fairly recently.
LTHR of 98% would be exceptional...

warren
July 14th 03, 04:37 PM
In article >, Stewart Fleming
> wrote:

> warren wrote:
>
> > Of course. He's 22 years old so 220-22= 198mhr. His LTHR is 98% of his
> > MHR. Not bad.
>
> I thought we discredited that MHR formula fairly recently.
> LTHR of 98% would be exceptional...

I was following Sam's tongue in cheek comment with one of my own.

-WG

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home