PDA

View Full Version : Commute routes to/from Norcross, GA ?

Frank Drebin
January 9th 05, 09:39 PM
I'll be moving to the Atlanta, GA area in a few months. I have some
flexibility as to where I'll live, with a preference for NOT living in
plain old 'suburbia'. I'll be working in Norcross. Are there viable routes
to or from there that go long distances? Could I live in Hall or Forsyth
or Cherokee counties and get there alive? Are there any rail-trails or
paved paths that run in the vicinity that might keep me off the road for
part of the way? I'm comfortable on most roads, but I like side roads
better.
Guidance, online resources points, etc. are all greatly appreciated.

Thanks
/F

note: 'not suburbia' means semi-rural or fairly urban. If I have to take
public transport part of the way that's OK - I do that now some of the
time when I don't have time to ride the entirety of my commute.

January 10th 05, 11:40 AM
Hey there Frank
Good question, and I'm sorry I don't have an answer for you. I moved
to Atlanta ~18 mos ago INside the perimeter area, and while it is
POSSible I suppose to find a regular bike route within the city, it's
too much of a struggle for me, so I am planning to move outside the
perimeter, where there is more access to country roads and such ease of
getting miles on the bike.

Some resources though for you:
http://www.bikesbl.org/
http://www.maccattack.com/
http://www.trailexpress.com/
http://www.sadlebred.com/atlroadrides.html
http://www.atlantacycling.com/index.html

I moved here from the Kansas City area. Where I'd been living there,
it was <5 miles of an easy within-the-city ride to get out to the
fields and horses and cows to ride. Atlanta isn't a cyclist friend
city, though the city boosters and cycle-club folks will put a spin on
that notion.

Still looking for a route,
Tom

Frank Drebin wrote:
> I'll be moving to the Atlanta, GA area in a few months. I have some
> flexibility as to where I'll live, with a preference for NOT living
in
> plain old 'suburbia'. I'll be working in Norcross. Are there viable
routes
> to or from there that go long distances? Could I live in Hall or
Forsyth
> or Cherokee counties and get there alive? Are there any rail-trails
or
> paved paths that run in the vicinity that might keep me off the road
for
> part of the way? I'm comfortable on most roads, but I like side roads
> better.
> Guidance, online resources points, etc. are all greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks
> /F
>
> note: 'not suburbia' means semi-rural or fairly urban. If I have to
take
> public transport part of the way that's OK - I do that now some of
the
> time when I don't have time to ride the entirety of my commute.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home