PDA

View Full Version : Re: Real Election Reform

Rocketman
January 12th 05, 03:52 AM
Absolutely! The fact that the US doesn't have *any* secure balloting
systems proves that our voting system is corrupt. It's not a matter of *if*
the vote will be corrupted, but *when* and *by whom*. You can take that to
mean "real democracy is dead." If the vote can be stolen, you might as well
let a corrupt dictatorial junta take power by judicial coup and steal two
consecutive elections. Oh yeah...that has already happened.

Our voting systems are *designed* to be corrupted by any unscrupulous person
who wishes to do so, with little or no recourse offered. Poll workers have
always been at liberty to toss out ballots they didn't want to count,
calling them "spoiled." Electronic machines have no security whatsoever, as
has been proven repeatedly. A chimpanzee was able to sucessfully hack a
Diebold voting machine. That's how bad it is.

Rocketman

"D Flint" > wrote in message
> What do you think about this and have you seen this popular site before?
>
> This was taken from a web site
> http://www.afvr.org
>
> How can we safeguard the integrity of each vote?
> Today we have technology that protects our financial systems, military
> weapon systems and national intelligent organizations. These proven
> systems
> can be combined in a way to issue serialized equipment to authorize
> personnel for the dates and hours needed. Each would have their own level
> of
> clearance to perform the tasks they are responsible for. Each action would
> be recorded and verified with a higher levels of network authority and
> again, only available during the hours and dates needed. Ballots would
> only
> be printed after the voter has cast their vote but before they leave the
> booth. If the voter made a mistake he could put the printed ballot into
> the
> booth's scanner for correction. All ballots scanned at the booth would go
> into a shredder and the voter could then correct his ballot on the screen
> and reprint his ballots. Once the voter accepts the printed ballot he
> submits his vote on the screen and takes the two ballots to the
> depository.
> So two computer generated, serialized and scanner perfect receipts of the
> completed ballot are printed.* One for the voter and one for the public
> record. This would eliminate all the extra ballots that could be used for
> unauthorized voting as well as any question of voter intent. Each piece
> of
> equipment involved in the issuing of the receipt would be linked to the
> serial# of that ballot and an electronic document would be generated that
> exactly matched the two printed receipts. So the voter themselves has
> validate the printed ballots, keeping one for themselves, while the other
> electronic time-stamped document is deposited into an optical scanner used
> as a secure depository. This second scanned count which should always
> match
> the electronic count. This paper ballot could also be used for recounts if
> needed. The voter could use the receipt to inquire about their vote in the
> future. The stuffing of the ballot box or "finding ballots" would be
> eliminated. With this system, if you find a ballot, you have to find the
> voter that cast that ballot too. This is not so in any of the current
> systems in place today nor have we ever heard such a system ever proposed.
> http://www.afvr.org

Eric Jorgensen
January 12th 05, 04:27 AM
On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 03:52:33 GMT
"Rocketman" > wrote:
A chimpanzee was able to
> sucessfully hack a Diebold voting machine. That's how bad it is.
>
> Rocketman

But, you know, it's gonna be alright.

Rocketman
January 12th 05, 06:11 AM
"Eric Jorgensen" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 03:52:33 GMT
> "Rocketman" > wrote:
> A chimpanzee was able to
>> sucessfully hack a Diebold voting machine. That's how bad it is.
>>
>> Rocketman
>

> But, you know, it's gonna be alright.

I keep telling myself "there's only so much damage that a president can do
in four years." That was *before* Bush got re-selected.

Arrrgh.

Rocketman

Mark Leuck
January 12th 05, 06:21 AM
"Rocketman" > wrote in message

> "Eric Jorgensen" > wrote in message
> > On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 03:52:33 GMT
> > "Rocketman" > wrote:
> > A chimpanzee was able to
> >> sucessfully hack a Diebold voting machine. That's how bad it is.
> >>
> >> Rocketman
> >

> > But, you know, it's gonna be alright.
> >

> I keep telling myself "there's only so much damage that a president can do
> in four years." That was *before* Bush got re-selected.
>
> Arrrgh.
>
> Rocketman

He won, get over it already

Tom Sherman
January 12th 05, 07:23 AM
Mark Leuck demonstrated poor use of indefinite pronouns and end
punctuation when he wrote:

> He won, get over it already

Mark Leuck
January 12th 05, 08:54 AM
Making up for Edward Dolan Tom?

"Tom Sherman" > wrote in message
> Mark Leuck demonstrated poor use of indefinite pronouns and end
> punctuation when he wrote:
>
> > He won, get over it already

Tom Sherman
January 12th 05, 09:03 AM
Mark Leuck demonstrated poor use of commas (the lack thereof) when he
top posted:

> Making up for Edward Dolan Tom?

skip
January 12th 05, 04:34 PM
"Eric Jorgensen" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 03:52:33 GMT
> "Rocketman" > wrote:
> A chimpanzee was able to
>> sucessfully hack a Diebold voting machine. That's how bad it is.
>>
>> Rocketman
>

> But, you know, it's gonna be alright.

Right. All Rocketman needs is a liberal minded
chimpanzee to handle this little voting problem he seems to have.

Eric Jorgensen
January 12th 05, 05:22 PM
On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 10:34:12 -0600
"skip" > wrote:

> "Eric Jorgensen" > wrote in message
> > On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 03:52:33 GMT
> > "Rocketman" > wrote:
> > A chimpanzee was able to
> >> sucessfully hack a Diebold voting machine. That's how bad it is.
> >>
> >> Rocketman
> >

> > But, you know, it's gonna be alright.
> >
> Right. All Rocketman needs is a liberal minded
> chimpanzee to handle this little voting problem he seems to have.

I'm sorry, i botched my elton john reference.

We got problems, but usenet isn't the place to solve 'em.

Edward Dolan
January 12th 05, 07:42 PM
"Mark Leuck" > wrote in message
> Making up for Edward Dolan Tom?
>
> "Tom Sherman" > wrote in message
>> Mark Leuck demonstrated poor use of indefinite pronouns and end
>> punctuation when he wrote:
>>
>> > He won, get over it already

Mr. Sherman can never make up for me because he is polite and a gentleman. I
am neither.

I can't be bothered anymore with idiots like you who do not post correctly.
The main problem is that your manners are as screwed up as your writing.
Politeness and gentlemanly behavior is wasted on you. That is because you
are a barbarian. You know better but still you persist in your abominations.
You are beneath contempt. I disdain you, you unmitigated ignorant slob!

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Mark Leuck
January 12th 05, 11:10 PM
No Rocketman needs some time off at this place

http://www.bocanews.com/index.php?src=news&prid=10127&category=Local%20News%20%20

Tom Sherman claims it worked wonders

"skip" > wrote in message

> "Eric Jorgensen" > wrote in message
> > On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 03:52:33 GMT
> > "Rocketman" > wrote:
> > A chimpanzee was able to
> >> sucessfully hack a Diebold voting machine. That's how bad it is.
> >>
> >> Rocketman
> >

> > But, you know, it's gonna be alright.
> >
> Right. All Rocketman needs is a liberal minded
> chimpanzee to handle this little voting problem he seems to have.

Edward Dolan
January 12th 05, 11:22 PM
"Rocketman" > wrote in message
> [...]
>> exactly matched the two printed receipts. So the voter themselves has
>> validate the printed ballots, keeping one for themselves, while the other
>> electronic time-stamped document is deposited into an optical scanner
>> used
>> as a secure depository. This second scanned count which should always
>> match
>> the electronic count. This paper ballot could also be used for recounts
>> if
>> needed. The voter could use the receipt to inquire about their vote in
>> the
>> future. The stuffing of the ballot box or "finding ballots" would be
>> eliminated. With this system, if you find a ballot, you have to find the
>> voter that cast that ballot too. This is not so in any of the current
>> systems in place today nor have we ever heard such a system ever

All of the above was posted no doubt for the delectation of Mr. Tom Sherman
who continues to believe that elections are stolen in this country. Without
getting into the nuts and bolts of this post, let me say that those who
cannot figure out how to vote correctly are too stupid to be voting in the
first place. Unfortunately for liberals like Mr. Sherman and Rocketman most
of these type voters just happen to be Democrats. Too bad for them, but that
is what comes of being ignorant and stupid. Why should the rest of us bend
over backwards to accommodate the most stupid among us.

Frankly, I am relieved whenever I hear that almost 50% of the electorate
does not vote. Thank God for that! The only folks I want voting are those
who have bothered to inform themselves on the issues and have at least
enough brains to figure out how to cast a vote correctly.

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Rocketman
January 13th 05, 06:30 PM
"Mark Leuck" > wrote in message

> "Rocketman" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Eric Jorgensen" > wrote in message
>> > On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 03:52:33 GMT
>> > "Rocketman" > wrote:
>> > A chimpanzee was able to

>> > But, you know, it's gonna be alright.
>> >

>> I keep telling myself "there's only so much damage that a president can
>> do
>> in four years." That was *before* Bush got re-selected.
>>
>> Arrrgh.
>>
>> Rocketman
>
> He won, get over it already

Mission Accomplished.

Freewheeling
January 15th 05, 07:46 AM
Skip:

Good comeback. I may be really naive, but it's my impression that VPNs or
dedicated networks aren't very vulnerable to hacking no mater how vulnerable
the software happens to be. That said, a 12-year-old could probably come up
with a better election system. But it turns out that the only really
irrefutable evidence of fraud took place in King County, WA where there were
a few thousand more votes than registered voters in the most heavily
Democratic county in the state, and where the Democratic candidate won by
under 200 votes statewide. I don't care what your party happens to be, if
you care about valid elections this would be the first case study you'd
bring up. Nasty, nasty, nasty. (Did I say "nasty?") And it appears that
there's more than enough evidence to hold another election, so it's not over
yet....

Me, I'm getting ready to support my HS marching contingent in the Inaugural
next week. They've been in nearly every Inaugural since Kennedy's, and a
lot of them before that. I doubt that many of those kids care very much who
the heck they're inaugurating. I sure didn't when I marched in LBJ's parade
in 1964. The thing is, to BE THERE. When you're not there, when you've
taken a powder, you're not even a footnote in history. You're an
afterthought.

And here's a little wisdom from Victor Davis Hanson about short term versus
long term perspective:

" But never mind all this: The long-term prospects are still as bright as
things seem gloomy in the short-term — but only if we emulate our
grandfathers and press on with the third Middle East election in the last
six months. "

Let's see, that's three more than zero isn't it?

--
--Scott
"skip" > wrote in message

> "Eric Jorgensen" > wrote in message
>> On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 03:52:33 GMT
>> "Rocketman" > wrote:
>> A chimpanzee was able to
>>> sucessfully hack a Diebold voting machine. That's how bad it is.
>>>
>>> Rocketman
>>

>> But, you know, it's gonna be alright.
>>
> Right. All Rocketman needs is a liberal minded
> chimpanzee to handle this little voting problem he seems to have.

skip
January 15th 05, 12:04 PM
"Freewheeling" > wrote in message
> Skip:
>
> Good comeback. I may be really naive, but it's my impression that VPNs or
> dedicated networks aren't very vulnerable to hacking no mater how
> vulnerable the software happens to be. That said, a 12-year-old could
> probably come up with a better election system. But it turns out that the
> only really irrefutable evidence of fraud took place in King County, WA
> where there were a few thousand more votes than registered voters in the
> most heavily Democratic county in the state, and where the Democratic
> candidate won by under 200 votes statewide. I don't care what your party
> happens to be, if you care about valid elections this would be the first
> case study you'd bring up. Nasty, nasty, nasty. (Did I say "nasty?")
> And it appears that there's more than enough evidence to hold another
> election, so it's not over yet....
>
> Me, I'm getting ready to support my HS marching contingent in the
> Inaugural next week. They've been in nearly every Inaugural since
> Kennedy's, and a lot of them before that. I doubt that many of those kids
> care very much who the heck they're inaugurating. I sure didn't when I
> marched in LBJ's parade in 1964. The thing is, to BE THERE. When you're
> not there, when you've taken a powder, you're not even a footnote in
> history. You're an afterthought.
>
> And here's a little wisdom from Victor Davis Hanson about short term
> versus long term perspective:
>
> " But never mind all this: The long-term prospects are still as bright as
> things seem gloomy in the short-term - but only if we emulate our
> grandfathers and press on with the third Middle East election in the last
> six months. "
>
> Let's see, that's three more than zero isn't it?
>
> --
> --Scott

Over the years I've lost interest in Super Bowls and especially in those
half-time freak shows they put on. I yearn for the days when the half-time
shows featured marching bands such as the Florida A&M Rattlers Marching 100.
Man could those guys put on a show.

If anyone is interested in a super bowl they might want to look towards
Foxboro this weekend.

The ultimate voter intimidation has to be voter assassination. Tremendous
courage is required just to show up at the polls. Voting under the threat
of death is beyond my imagination. It is truly "pressing on" in the
defiance of terror. I salute every voter and every vote cast in the Middle
East along with every person who provides security to protect those voters.

It's discouraging to say the least, but unlike some others I know, I'm
hoping for the best.

skip

Tom Sherman
January 15th 05, 01:32 PM
skip wrote:
> It's discouraging to say the least, but unlike some others I know, I'm
> hoping for the best.

Everyone is hoping for the best. There is however, severe disagreement
over what the "best" is.

The English language can be a tricky thing.

--
Tom Sherman - Near Rock Island

skip
January 15th 05, 02:39 PM
"Tom Sherman" > wrote in message
> skip wrote:
>> It's discouraging to say the least, but unlike some others I know, I'm
>> hoping for the best.
>
> Everyone is hoping for the best. There is however, severe disagreement
> over what the "best" is.
>
> The English language can be a tricky thing.
>
> --
> Tom Sherman

I suppose it could be said that in the minds of some the indiscriminate,
merciless large scale slaughter of those attempting to vote would be "for
the best".

skip

Tom Sherman
January 16th 05, 01:38 PM
Edward Dolan wrote:

> ... The g.d. French, always a nation of whores, were in bed with Sadaam. Anyone here
> still think the French are on our side?

Here is a useful article for dealing with things French:
<http://snipurl.com/c1x9>.

--
Tom Sherman - Near Rock Island

skip
January 16th 05, 06:09 PM
"Tom Sherman" > wrote in message
> Edward Dolan wrote:
>
>> ... The g.d. French, always a nation of whores, were in bed with Sadaam.
>> Anyone here still think the French are on our side?
>
> Here is a useful article for dealing with things French:
> <http://snipurl.com/c1x9>.
>
> --
> Tom Sherman - Near Rock Island

Dispite it all there will always be gratitude in my heart for those who
produced the Nervex lugged PX-10. Mechanical art transcends political
thought.

skip

Edward Dolan
January 16th 05, 11:07 PM
"Tom Sherman" > wrote in message
> Edward Dolan wrote:
>
>> ... The g.d. French, always a nation of whores, were in bed with Sadaam.
>> Anyone here still think the French are on our side?
>
> Here is a useful article for dealing with things French:
> <http://snipurl.com/c1x9>.

"French bicycles are often of very high quality, but they have their own
idiosyncracies and interchangeability problems. This article tries to point
out the pitfalls that you may run into in maintaining or upgrading a French
bicycle, and offers solutions to common problems.

In the great bike boom of the early-mid '70's, French bicycles were sold in
the U.S. in very large numbers, mostly low-end ten speeds with mild steel
frames, steel rims and cottered cranks. These low-end models are generally
not worth putting any money into, unless you have a strong sentimental
attachment to one. Such a bike can be suitable for use as a "beater" to ride
short distances, perhaps to the train station where you can lock it up
without worrying about theft.

Higher quality French bicycles, with cotterless cranks and aluminum rims are
usually worth restoring or upgrading. They are also often a good choice for
conversion for fixed-gear use. Unfortunately, some of the dimensions and
thread standards used on older French bicycles can make it difficult to find
suitable parts for repair or upgrading."

The above is from the Sheldon Brown web site page on French bicycles.
My first bicycle was a Gitane, a lower end model with the cottered cranks
and mostly steel components. I got it back in the 70's for $139. and it was
my only bike for quite a few years. In the course of owning it I gradually
began to replace every part on it because I wanted a lighter and faster
bike. In the process of doing this I learned all about French
"idiosyncracies and interchangeability problems", much to my dismay. But I
really loved that bike and I still have it.

The French are preeminent in the visual arts and so can often design very
good things indeed. However, this does not excuse them in the political
realm where they prove over and over again what dunces they are. The French
should copy the Italians more and forget about trying to emulate the
Americans, the English and the Germans. The French are more Latin than
Northern and it shows every time they attempt to reach for glory in the
political sphere. They should confine themselves to the arts like the
Italians do.

--

Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Freewheeling
January 17th 05, 07:51 PM
Skip:

Aren't bicycles a little off topic for this thread? :-)

The Germans have made a pretty decent internally-geared hub as well, though
it initially had a lot of problems. It could stand to have a couple more
gears, but who's complaining? (Please God, don't let them make a 16-speed
hub until I can afford it, OK?)

The French actually make one of the best aftermarket pistol grips for a
number of semi-autos. It's concave, so it fits the boney and fleshy parts
of the hand better, and it's thinner. But for some reason the company has a
German-sounding name: Trausch.

Lots of good French folk are on the right side of this thing, too, in spite
of their misleading press. The Van Gogh murder was something of a turning
point, not just for the Dutch. It'll get sorted out, or shorted out.

--
--Scott
"skip" > wrote in message

> "Tom Sherman" > wrote in message
>> Edward Dolan wrote:
>>
>>> ... The g.d. French, always a nation of whores, were in bed with Sadaam.
>>> Anyone here still think the French are on our side?
>>
>> Here is a useful article for dealing with things French:
>> <http://snipurl.com/c1x9>.
>>
>> --
>> Tom Sherman - Near Rock Island
>>

> Dispite it all there will always be gratitude in my heart for those who
> produced the Nervex lugged PX-10. Mechanical art transcends political
> thought.
>
> skip

January 17th 05, 08:26 PM
Edward Dolan wrote:

> "French bicycles are often of very high quality, but they have their
own
> idiosyncracies and interchangeability problems. This article tries to
point
> out the pitfalls that you may run into in maintaining or upgrading a
French
> bicycle, and offers solutions to common problems.
>
> The above is from the Sheldon Brown web site page on French bicycles.
> My first bicycle was a Gitane, a lower end model with the cottered
cranks
> and mostly steel components. I got it back in the 70's for $139. and
it was
> my only bike for quite a few years. In the course of owning it I
gradually
> began to replace every part on it because I wanted a lighter and
faster
> bike. In the process of doing this I learned all about French
> "idiosyncracies and interchangeability problems", much to my dismay.
But I
> really loved that bike and I still have it.

Not to disagree with the eminent Mr. Brown, but these issues were not
limited to French bicycles at that time. A French bike would have one
set of dimensions, say, for the BB, and Italian bike would have
something different, and so on. IIRC the British were famous for
having lots of thread standards in various transport related
industries.

Things are better now in some respects, but we still have to deal with
incompatibilbites between old and new stuff that are a result, to some
extent, of companies wanting us to buy new bikes, i.e. forced
obsolesence.

Edward Dolan
January 17th 05, 09:37 PM
> wrote in message
ups.com...
> Edward Dolan wrote:
>
>> "French bicycles are often of very high quality, but they have their
> own
>> idiosyncracies and interchangeability problems. This article tries to
> point
>> out the pitfalls that you may run into in maintaining or upgrading a
> French
>> bicycle, and offers solutions to common problems.
>>
>> The above is from the Sheldon Brown web site page on French bicycles.
>
>> My first bicycle was a Gitane, a lower end model with the cottered
> cranks
>> and mostly steel components. I got it back in the 70's for $139. and
> it was
>> my only bike for quite a few years. In the course of owning it I
> gradually
>> began to replace every part on it because I wanted a lighter and
> faster
>> bike. In the process of doing this I learned all about French
>> "idiosyncracies and interchangeability problems", much to my dismay.
> But I
>> really loved that bike and I still have it.
>
> Not to disagree with the eminent Mr. Brown, but these issues were not
> limited to French bicycles at that time. A French bike would have one
> set of dimensions, say, for the BB, and Italian bike would have
> something different, and so on. IIRC the British were famous for
> having lots of thread standards in various transport related
> industries.
>
> Things are better now in some respects, but we still have to deal with
> incompatibilbites between old and new stuff that are a result, to some
> extent, of companies wanting us to buy new bikes, i.e. forced
> obsolesence.

The Sheldon Brown article is nevertheless right on point though because
French bicycles were everywhere back in the 70's and Italian and British
bicycles were not. After the French bicycles came the Japanese bicycles. The
Italians and the Brits (except for Raleigh) were never much in the American
market. All the other European bicycles were no where. Dutch, German and
Austrian bicycles were rarities.

I think when the Japanese began their intrusion into the American market
that things began to settle down and we resolved on basically one set of
measurements. But I believe the French persisted on their own when everyone
else had more or less settled on the English system, thanks to the Japanese.
The French always go their own way. That is because they are severely
afflicted with hubris. It must go back to their glory days of the Sun King
and Emperor Napoleon.

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Edward Dolan
January 17th 05, 10:02 PM
"Freewheeling" > wrote in message
[...]

> Lots of good French folk are on the right side of this thing, too, in
> spite of their misleading press. The Van Gogh murder was something of a
> turning point, not just for the Dutch. It'll get sorted out, or shorted
> out.

Well, there are always lots of good folks who are on the right side of
things, but I go by what their governments do with respect to how they
conduct themselves with respect to the US. Europe has a tremendous problem
with their Muslim immigrants from North Africa and the Middle East and we
shall see how they are going to deal with them. Most European nations have a
much stronger central authority than does the US, and they can deal with
them if and when they want to.

My own feeling is that Europe will have to be struck by something on the
order of 9/11 before they wake up. Chirac is as bad as DeGaulle and
resembles him in every way. Because of the history of the past century, I
will NEVER look to Europe for any guidance on things political.

I believe the US should start playing off the various European nations
against one another. France is not our ally. We can write off Germany too if
need be. There are plenty of other European nations who hate both those
nations and we can ally ourselves with them over and against France and
Germany. There ought to be severe penalties for opposing the US in the
world. We need a much tougher foreign policy and should take the gloves off.
France should be made to pay for their treachery.

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Tom Sherman
January 18th 05, 12:05 AM
skip wrote:

> "Tom Sherman" > wrote in message
>
>>Edward Dolan wrote:
>>

>>>... The g.d. French, always a nation of whores, were in bed with Sadaam.
>>>Anyone here still think the French are on our side?
>>
>>Here is a useful article for dealing with things French:
>><http://snipurl.com/c1x9>.
>>
>>--
>>Tom Sherman - Near Rock Island
>>

> Dispite it all there will always be gratitude in my heart for those who
> produced the Nervex lugged PX-10. Mechanical art transcends political
> thought.

My first quality bicycle was a Peugeot P-8, which was an excellent value
for the money (ca. $240 in 1982). Not the greatest components and a bit
heavy (ca. 26-lbs/12 kgf), but the ride and handling was the equal or
better of many more expensive bicycles.

--
Tom Sherman - Near Rock Island

skip
January 18th 05, 01:15 AM
"Freewheeling" > wrote in message
> Skip:
>
> Aren't bicycles a little off topic for this thread? :-)

I didn't intend to wander off topic, but you have no idea what those Nervex
lugs do to me.

skip

skip
January 18th 05, 06:01 AM
"Freewheeling" > wrote in message

<snip>

> The French actually make one of the best aftermarket pistol grips for a
> number of semi-autos. It's concave, so it fits the boney and fleshy parts
> of the hand better, and it's thinner. But for some reason the company has
> a German-sounding name: Trausch.

So which pistol did you wind up getting? And why that one if I may ask?

Tonight's news has an item I overheard in passing about a family in N.J.
that had four killed ostensibly my Muslims upset by remarks someone in the
family had made in an internet chat room.

I'm thinking maybe I should upgrade my Browning 25 cal. Baby. It's a better
deterrent than rock throwing, but I thinking this might be the right time
for an upgrade.

> Lots of good French folk are on the right side of this thing, too, in
> spite of their misleading press. The Van Gogh murder was something of a
> turning point, not just for the Dutch. It'll get sorted out, or shorted
> out.

I bought a camera from the Netherlands and it came wrapped in the front page
of a newspaper showing a full color shot of Van Gogh's body on the Amsterdam
street. He was shot nine times, stabbed multiple times, had his throat
slit, and a letter threaten the lives of others was attached to him by a
knife in the chest. It wasn't a pretty sight. He had been riding his bike.

skip

skip
January 18th 05, 06:23 AM
"Edward Dolan" > wrote in message

<snip message>

> Regards,
>
> Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Ed, the news said it was 58 degrees below 0 some where in Minnesota today.
You know if I was there I would be in the first vehicle with heater I could
find that was headed south. 58 below is to much for a human to endure.

skip

Edward Dolan
January 18th 05, 06:49 AM
"skip" > wrote in message
[...]
> I bought a camera from the Netherlands and it came wrapped in the front
> page of a newspaper showing a full color shot of Van Gogh's body on the
> Amsterdam street. He was shot nine times, stabbed multiple times, had his
> throat slit, and a letter threaten the lives of others was attached to him
> by a knife in the chest. It wasn't a pretty sight. He had been riding
> his bike.

Yes, the Muslims have nothing but murder in their hearts. I despise the lot
of them. I question if they are even civilized according to Western
standards. But even worse than the Muslims are the liberals who make excuses
for them. Why the hell don't the Muslims murder these g.d. liberals if they
want to kill somebody. I guess it may be because they know that liberals are
no threat to them and are potentially craven allies.

God, do I ever hate liberals - or did I already say that in another post.

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Edward Dolan
January 18th 05, 07:06 AM
"skip" > wrote in message

> Ed, the news said it was 58 degrees below 0 some where in Minnesota
> today. You know if I was there I would be in the first vehicle with heater
> I could find that was headed south. 58 below is to much for a human to
> endure.
>
> skip

Skip, International Falls is not called the icebox of the nation for
nothing. I am in southern Minnesota (Worthington) but it is damn cold here,
I can tell you! This old house I am living in is like an icebox too. I can
truly understand how older folks can be found dead in their houses frozen to
death. When I get my heating bill for this month I will likely have a heart
attack and that will be the end of me.

My cats are suffering along with me. I put out water for them in the kitchen
but it is always frozen solid every time I check it. They are wailing along
with me because it so g.d. cold. My cats and I are all waiting for the big
warm up when it might actually get into the 20's. God, do I ever HATE
Minnesota in the winter. Minnesota in January is the pits - and don't let
anyone ever tell you otherwise.

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Freewheeling
January 18th 05, 03:46 PM
Skip:

I have a CZ 75B 9mm that has the Traucsch grips, because the normal ones are
too fat for my hand. (I have some sort of nerve impairment, I think,
originating in the shoulder.) That's too heavy and big to carry on the bike
so I got a Kahr P9 (also 9 mm). It's stainless with some sort of polymer
for the frame, and since it's single stack the grip is just fine for me. If
Theo Van Gogh had carried one he'd probably be alive, and those jihadists
would have had a nasty surprise.

As for the French, well I guess Lance is going for a seventh isn't he?
(Sorry about wandering off topic again.) Frankly, I wish he'd ride in the
Giro. All the major contenders would have to follow him there or be
considered also-rans in the TdF, and the Giro would become a significant
competitor to the TdF for top stage race. Well, it won't happen but it's a
thought.

--
--Scott
"skip" > wrote in message

> "Freewheeling" > wrote in message
>

> <snip>
>
>> The French actually make one of the best aftermarket pistol grips for a
>> number of semi-autos. It's concave, so it fits the boney and fleshy
>> parts of the hand better, and it's thinner. But for some reason the
>> company has a German-sounding name: Trausch.
>>

> So which pistol did you wind up getting? And why that one if I may ask?
>
> Tonight's news has an item I overheard in passing about a family in N.J.
> that had four killed ostensibly my Muslims upset by remarks someone in the
> family had made in an internet chat room.
>
> I'm thinking maybe I should upgrade my Browning 25 cal. Baby. It's a
> better deterrent than rock throwing, but I thinking this might be the
> right time for an upgrade.
>
>> Lots of good French folk are on the right side of this thing, too, in
>> spite of their misleading press. The Van Gogh murder was something of a
>> turning point, not just for the Dutch. It'll get sorted out, or shorted
>> out.
>
> I bought a camera from the Netherlands and it came wrapped in the front
> page of a newspaper showing a full color shot of Van Gogh's body on the
> Amsterdam street. He was shot nine times, stabbed multiple times, had his
> throat slit, and a letter threaten the lives of others was attached to him
> by a knife in the chest. It wasn't a pretty sight. He had been riding
> his bike.
>
> skip

Freewheeling
January 18th 05, 04:05 PM
I recently got back from three weeks in Key West. (My sister lives there
now, and we went for a Christmas and New Years visit.) The temps were in
the high 60s and low 70s for awhile, and many of the locals were wearing
fleece, which was amusing since I was in T-shirt and shorts. Regulating
inside temps was a conflict because the locals like it about 77 and I get
clammy at anything much over 72, which they regard as freezing. Anyway, it
was very pleasant. The two highlights of the trip were catching a yard-long
Cobia (the whole school followed the hooked fish to the surface, which was
exciting), and touring the "Little White House" where Truman and his staff
had worked out the outlines of the Marshall Plan and the Cold War. The
shipwreck museum was pretty cool too.

I borrowed by brother-in-law's bike a number of times for a tour around the
island, but the circumference was only 10 miles. You can go from the
Atlantic to the Gulf of Mexico in about five minutes. The instant the old
dog dies Key West and Cuba will become a merged tourist destination, as they
were before Castro. Wish I had money to buy real estate.

I only saw one recumbent while I was there. I think it was a BikeE. There
just aren't that many places to go on a recumbent, and I didn't see many
road bikes either. A "beach cruiser" or MTB are much more practical
choices.

--
--Scott
"Edward Dolan" > wrote in message

> "skip" > wrote in message
>>
>> Ed, the news said it was 58 degrees below 0 some where in Minnesota
>> today. You know if I was there I would be in the first vehicle with
>> heater I could find that was headed south. 58 below is to much for a
>> human to endure.
>>
>> skip
>
> Skip, International Falls is not called the icebox of the nation for
> nothing. I am in southern Minnesota (Worthington) but it is damn cold
> here, I can tell you! This old house I am living in is like an icebox too.
> I can truly understand how older folks can be found dead in their houses
> frozen to death. When I get my heating bill for this month I will likely
> have a heart attack and that will be the end of me.
>
> My cats are suffering along with me. I put out water for them in the
> kitchen but it is always frozen solid every time I check it. They are
> wailing along with me because it so g.d. cold. My cats and I are all
> waiting for the big warm up when it might actually get into the 20's. God,
> do I ever HATE Minnesota in the winter. Minnesota in January is the pits -
> and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise.
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Edward Dolan
January 18th 05, 10:49 PM
"Freewheeling" > wrote in message
>I recently got back from three weeks in Key West. (My sister lives there
>now, and we went for a Christmas and New Years visit.) The temps were in
>the high 60s and low 70s for awhile, and many of the locals were wearing
>fleece, which was amusing since I was in T-shirt and shorts. Regulating
>inside temps was a conflict because the locals like it about 77 and I get
>clammy at anything much over 72, which they regard as freezing. Anyway, it
>was very pleasant. The two highlights of the trip were catching a
>yard-long Cobia (the whole school followed the hooked fish to the surface,
>which was exciting), and touring the "Little White House" where Truman and
>his staff had worked out the outlines of the Marshall Plan and the Cold
>War. The shipwreck museum was pretty cool too.

You mean you were in Key West and you did not visit the former home of
Ernest Hemingway?

The temperature in my house runs around 50 degrees for most of the winter. I
would prefer that it run around 80 degrees. As you can so plainly see, I was
born out of my place. I would just love the climate of Key West.

> I borrowed by brother-in-law's bike a number of times for a tour around
> the island, but the circumference was only 10 miles. You can go from the
> Atlantic to the Gulf of Mexico in about five minutes. The instant the old
> dog dies Key West and Cuba will become a merged tourist destination, as
> they were before Castro. Wish I had money to buy real estate.

I do not like dead end destinations or islands either. Like a grizzly bear,
I need room to roam. Those who fly off to Hawaii for a vacation are, in my
not so humble opinion, crazy.

> I only saw one recumbent while I was there. I think it was a BikeE.
> There just aren't that many places to go on a recumbent, and I didn't see
> many road bikes either. A "beach cruiser" or MTB are much more practical
> choices.

I think when you are in Key West you are basically "trapped." I was once
there back in the 70's and once I was there I just wanted to get back on the
mainland. I am a continental, not an islander.

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Edward Dolan
January 18th 05, 11:04 PM
"Freewheeling" > wrote in message
> Skip:
>
> Al Qaeda hasn't made good an a hyperbolic threat in ages, which sort of
> suggests that they aren't in as good a shape as some on the left would
> hope. (Yeah, their hearts are corrupt. What can I say.) I was listening
> to Barbara Boxer make her innane points about her better, Secretary Rice,
> and missed my damn exit on the freeway. That IQ-challenged woman cost me
> an extra 15 minutes on my homeward commute. But in the end Condoleeza
> spanked her pretty good. Not good enough, mind you, because she's a lady
> after all, but good enough.
>
> But I'm too much a sucker for this sort of discussion, and frankly I'd
> rather get off topic. There's naught to be gained by beating this dead
> old horse. A little exercise and some material prosperity would do us all
> a world of good. As Natan Sharansky says, it's better to have democracies
> that hate you than tyrannies that love you. Something like that. The
> Bush hatred is a blessing in disguise. The bigger picture is what
> matters. And walking through Truman's "Little White House" in Key West
> put things in perspective.
>
> --
> --Scott

Ah! ... 'tis balm to my sorry old soul to read some common sense here on
ARBR which is also extremely intelligent.

I do worry a bit about Rice though. Sometimes I don't think women are really
cut out to be secretaries of state. The last one we had was a disaster. I
hope she will be strong and will reflect Bush II and not the g.d. State
Department bureaucrats. Powell was a good soldier to Bush, but still I am
glad that he is going. Frankly, I never trusted him. I am not with Bush 100%
on all issues, but I am with Bush 100% (so far) on foreign affairs issues
and most especially on the War.

--
Best Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Tom Sherman
January 19th 05, 01:06 AM
Freewheeling wrote:

> ...A little exercise and some material prosperity would do us all a
> world of good....

Poverty and suffering build character (see point made by Alexandre
Solzhenitsyn).

Never paying a real price for one's mistakes leads to emotional
immaturity and poor judgement.

--
Tom Sherman - Near Rock Island

Edward Dolan
January 19th 05, 01:33 AM
"Tom Sherman" > wrote in message
> Freewheeling wrote:
>
>> ...A little exercise and some material prosperity would do us all a
>> world of good....

Agreed.

> Poverty and suffering build character (see point made by Alexandre
> Solzhenitsyn).

Agreed.

> Never paying a real price for one's mistakes leads to emotional immaturity
> and poor judgement.

Agreed.

Mr. Sherman should have been a preacher from the pulpit. No one in this
world appreciates bromides more than I do. Unfortunately, I have never heard
of anyone who applied a bromide to themselves. It is always for others.

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Freewheeling
January 19th 05, 05:54 AM
Oh yeah, about recumbency and being "trapped," a friend of ours had a pedal
powered tandem kayak, which my brother-in-law and I borrow to go
sight-seeing in the mangroves. Saw a nurse shark from about two feet away,
and lots of other aquatic life. Strictly speaking you can go lots of places
there on a recumbent, just not on land. The currents can be pretty beastly,
though. I didn't feel trapped because my relatives are all into the sea,
doing scuba and snorkling, fishing, kayaking, what have you. When Cuba
opens up there'll be daily shuttles to Havana and other points on the
Island. You can see it coming. There's a large Cuban community already
living in Key West. Of course, it's pretty much the "end of the road" for
land lubbers. And it's always had that end of the road feel, going all the
way back to the days of the wreckers and pirates.
--
--Scott
"Edward Dolan" > wrote in message

> "Freewheeling" > wrote in message
>>I recently got back from three weeks in Key West. (My sister lives there
>>now, and we went for a Christmas and New Years visit.) The temps were in
>>the high 60s and low 70s for awhile, and many of the locals were wearing
>>fleece, which was amusing since I was in T-shirt and shorts. Regulating
>>inside temps was a conflict because the locals like it about 77 and I get
>>clammy at anything much over 72, which they regard as freezing. Anyway,
>>it was very pleasant. The two highlights of the trip were catching a
>>yard-long Cobia (the whole school followed the hooked fish to the surface,
>>which was exciting), and touring the "Little White House" where Truman and
>>his staff had worked out the outlines of the Marshall Plan and the Cold
>>War. The shipwreck museum was pretty cool too.
>
> You mean you were in Key West and you did not visit the former home of
> Ernest Hemingway?
>
> The temperature in my house runs around 50 degrees for most of the winter.
> I would prefer that it run around 80 degrees. As you can so plainly see, I
> was born out of my place. I would just love the climate of Key West.
>
>> I borrowed by brother-in-law's bike a number of times for a tour around
>> the island, but the circumference was only 10 miles. You can go from the
>> Atlantic to the Gulf of Mexico in about five minutes. The instant the
>> old dog dies Key West and Cuba will become a merged tourist destination,
>> as they were before Castro. Wish I had money to buy real estate.
>
> I do not like dead end destinations or islands either. Like a grizzly
> bear, I need room to roam. Those who fly off to Hawaii for a vacation are,
> in my not so humble opinion, crazy.
>
>> I only saw one recumbent while I was there. I think it was a BikeE.
>> There just aren't that many places to go on a recumbent, and I didn't see
>> many road bikes either. A "beach cruiser" or MTB are much more practical
>> choices.
>
> I think when you are in Key West you are basically "trapped." I was once
> there back in the 70's and once I was there I just wanted to get back on
> the mainland. I am a continental, not an islander.
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Freewheeling
January 19th 05, 05:56 AM
Tom:

OK you've convinced me. I'll save the adversity for you, if there's any
extra.

--
--Scott
"Tom Sherman" > wrote in message
> Freewheeling wrote:
>
>> ...A little exercise and some material prosperity would do us all a
>> world of good....
>
> Poverty and suffering build character (see point made by Alexandre
> Solzhenitsyn).
>
> Never paying a real price for one's mistakes leads to emotional immaturity
> and poor judgement.
>
> --
> Tom Sherman - Near Rock Island

Tom Sherman
January 19th 05, 06:12 AM
Freewheeling wrote:

> Tom:
>
> OK you've convinced me. I'll save the adversity for you, if there's any
> extra.

There are much more needy people than me, and the adversity does not
count towards your per candidate campaign contribution limits.

--
Tom Sherman - Near Rock Island

Freewheeling
January 19th 05, 03:06 PM
"> OK you've convinced me. I'll save the adversity for you, if there's any
> extra.

There are much more needy people than me"

Still, if you apply yourself I'm sure you could talk them out of their
share. It certainly worked with me. I shipped mine out to you via UPS this
morning. (There's a colon cleanse in the package that you might want to
think twice about, however.)

--
--Scott
"Tom Sherman" > wrote in message
> Freewheeling wrote:
>
>> Tom:
>>
>> OK you've convinced me. I'll save the adversity for you, if there's any
>> extra.
>
> There are much more needy people than me, and the adversity does not count
> towards your per candidate campaign contribution limits.
>
> --
> Tom Sherman - Near Rock Island

Freewheeling
January 19th 05, 03:23 PM
Ed:

"I hope she will be strong and will reflect Bush II and not the g.d. State
Department bureaucrats."

It might surprise you to discover that there are a few undercover
Republicans in the State Department. They blog anonymously at:

The Daily Demarche:
http://dailydemarche.blogspot.com/

The Diplomad:
http://diplomadic.blogspot.com/

and New Sysiphus:
http://newsisyphus.blogspot.com/

She'll have a few allies.

--
--Scott
"Edward Dolan" > wrote in message

> "Freewheeling" > wrote in message
>> Skip:
>>
>> Al Qaeda hasn't made good an a hyperbolic threat in ages, which sort of
>> suggests that they aren't in as good a shape as some on the left would
>> hope. (Yeah, their hearts are corrupt. What can I say.) I was listening
>> to Barbara Boxer make her innane points about her better, Secretary Rice,
>> and missed my damn exit on the freeway. That IQ-challenged woman cost me
>> an extra 15 minutes on my homeward commute. But in the end Condoleeza
>> spanked her pretty good. Not good enough, mind you, because she's a lady
>> after all, but good enough.
>>
>> But I'm too much a sucker for this sort of discussion, and frankly I'd
>> rather get off topic. There's naught to be gained by beating this dead
>> old horse. A little exercise and some material prosperity would do us
>> all a world of good. As Natan Sharansky says, it's better to have
>> democracies that hate you than tyrannies that love you. Something like
>> that. The Bush hatred is a blessing in disguise. The bigger picture is
>> what matters. And walking through Truman's "Little White House" in Key
>> West put things in perspective.
>>
>> --
>> --Scott
>
> Ah! ... 'tis balm to my sorry old soul to read some common sense here on
> ARBR which is also extremely intelligent.
>
> I do worry a bit about Rice though. Sometimes I don't think women are
> really cut out to be secretaries of state. The last one we had was a
> disaster. I hope she will be strong and will reflect Bush II and not the
> g.d. State Department bureaucrats. Powell was a good soldier to Bush, but
> still I am glad that he is going. Frankly, I never trusted him. I am not
> with Bush 100% on all issues, but I am with Bush 100% (so far) on foreign
> affairs issues and most especially on the War.
>
> --
> Best Regards,
>
> Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Frank P. Patterson
January 19th 05, 09:59 PM
Edward Dolan wrote:
> "Tom Sherman" > wrote in message
>
>>Freewheeling wrote:
>>

>>>...A little exercise and some material prosperity would do us all a
>>>world of good....
>

> Agreed.
>

>>Poverty and suffering build character (see point made by Alexandre
>>Solzhenitsyn).
>

> Agreed.
>

>>Never paying a real price for one's mistakes leads to emotional immaturity
>>and poor judgement.
>

> Agreed.
>
> Mr. Sherman should have been a preacher from the pulpit. No one in this
> world appreciates bromides more than I do. Unfortunately, I have never heard
> of anyone who applied a bromide to themselves. It is always for others.

Just for a more complete understanding of you, what are your positions on:
Creationism vs Inteligent Design vs Evolution

The second coming or The Rapture

The more natural resources consmued the more there is of them.

The worst creation of God was man, the worst creation of man was God.

What was the rationale for not 'nuking' Afghanistan and Saudi
Arabia after 9/11? If it didn't teach them a lesson there wouldn't be so
many terrorists left.

Are women intelligent beings and do they have rights?

Why are there no dual 24" compact midracers?

The morbidly obese, drug addicted Rush Limbaugh states that
exercise is harmful. Who is correct?

January 20th 05, 12:30 AM
From: "Freewheeling" >
>As for the French, well I guess Lance is going for a seventh isn't he?

>(Sorry about wandering off topic again.) Frankly, I wish he'd ride in
the
>Giro. All the major contenders would have to follow him there or be
>considered also-rans in the TdF, and the Giro would become a
significant
>competitor to the TdF for top stage race. Well, it won't happen but
it's a
>thought.

Eh? You heard something more than this sort of thing:

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/news/apress_011005_armstrongtourdefrance.html

Edward Dolan
January 21st 05, 05:10 AM
"Frank P. Patterson" > wrote in message
[...]
> Ed, you are nowhere as far right as some of your ramblings tend to lean.
> Sorry old boy, you flunked the "christian zealot believer in gwb as
> savior" test.
> Frank\

Frank, I am an instigator and I like to rile the waters. I will often make
outrageous statements in order to wake up the sleepy heads here on ARBR. The
only thing I hate is dullness.

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Freewheeling
January 21st 05, 09:46 PM
> wrote in message
oups.com...

> From: "Freewheeling" >
>>As for the French, well I guess Lance is going for a seventh isn't he?
>
>>(Sorry about wandering off topic again.) Frankly, I wish he'd ride in
> the
>>Giro. All the major contenders would have to follow him there or be
>>considered also-rans in the TdF, and the Giro would become a
> significant
>>competitor to the TdF for top stage race. Well, it won't happen but
> it's a
>>thought.
>

> Eh? You heard something more than this sort of thing:
>
> http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/news/apress_011005_armstrongtourdefrance.html

No, nothing but speculation so far.

Tom Sherman
January 21st 05, 11:44 PM
Edward Dolan admitted that he is a troll when he wrote:

> Frank, I am an instigator and I like to rile the waters. I will often make
> outrageous statements in order to wake up the sleepy heads here on ARBR....

Finally a posting by Ed Dolan that we can all agree with.

--
Tom Sherman - Near Rock Island

Edward Dolan
January 22nd 05, 04:21 AM
"Tom Sherman" > wrote in message
> Edward Dolan admitted that he is a troll when he wrote:
>
>> Frank, I am an instigator and I like to rile the waters. I will often
>> make outrageous statements in order to wake up the sleepy heads here on
>> ARBR....
>
> Finally a posting by Ed Dolan that we can all agree with.

I think there are good trolls and there are bad trolls. It goes without
saying of course that I am a good troll.

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

nget
January 24th 05, 12:47 AM
Edward Dolan Wrote:
> "Frank P. Patterson" > wrote in message
> [...]
> > Ed, you are nowhere as far right as some of your ramblings tend to
> lean.
> > Sorry old boy, you flunked the "christian zealot believer in gwb as
> > savior" test.
> > Frank\
>
> Frank, I am an instigator and I like to rile the waters. I will often
> make
> outrageous statements in order to wake up the sleepy heads here on
> ARBR. The
> only thing I hate is dullness.
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Ed Dolan - Minnesota
Ed Dolan may rile the waters and wake up the sleepy heads here on
ARBR,but my hats off to the guy who invented water ,he must have been
a genius!

--
nget

Tom Sherman
January 24th 05, 05:38 AM
Freewheeling wrote: [snipped]

Why don't you take you hate mongering and lust for violence somewhere
else? If people want to hear the Cheney/Rove propaganda they can turn on
their television or radio - there is plenty of it out there.

--
Tom Sherman - Near Rock Island

Edward Dolan
January 24th 05, 07:03 AM
"Tom Sherman" > wrote in message
> Freewheeling wrote: [snipped]
>
> Why don't you take you hate mongering and lust for violence somewhere
> else? If people want to hear the Cheney/Rove propaganda they can turn on
> their television or radio - there is plenty of it out there.

Mr. Sherman is clearly addressing me by his tone and lack of reasoning here,
so as ever it is my pleasure and duty to take him to the wood shed for a
good hiding on his nether quarters. After all, who is more in favor of
violence than myself. Violence must be defended when it is for a good cause.
We should all know by now that palavering at the UN has never yet solved a
single problem in the conduct of nations. The US should insist that the UN
get out of New York and go to Geneva where it belongs. There it will have
the prestige of the Swiss and not the prestige of the US.

Now violence has its uses in history. In fact, it is just about always the
most critical thing that happens in the course of nations. The study of
history is mostly nothing but the study of conflict and warfare. Since that
it is the case, it is important that wars be won and not lost. Only a
treasonous ******* who hates his country would want the other side to win
and always be hoping for the worse for his country.

But a sure cure for Mr. Sherman would be for him to go to any Muslim country
and to live there for the rest of his life. At the end of that very
miserable life, he would weep tears to gaze upon the American flag and would
kiss the soil of his native land. He is truly a man without a country. Exile
is what he deserves.

If he does not have the stomach for a Muslim nation, than France would suit
him. They are a all a bunch of treasonous *******s to the values of Western
Civilization and would take Mr. Sherman right in and honor him. There Mr.
Sherman could sip drinks at the cafés on the Champs Elysee in Paris and
discourse with other malcontents on the evils of America. As you can see, I
only have the future happiness of Mr. Sherman at heart.

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

Mark Leuck
January 24th 05, 07:29 AM
"Tom Sherman" > wrote in message
> Freewheeling wrote:
>
> > So, my opinions are propaganda and lust for violence (note: not a
concern
> > that people live better, under governments that are more just and free,
just
> > a naked love for violence), but your preferences are what... by
definition,
> > and like Robespierre's, beyond question? Apparently, however, the
majority
> > were with me this time.
> >
> > Anyway, you're not much for the substance of a debate are you? I at
least
> > respect your right to present your opinions, though I don't necessarily
> > respect those opinions themselve (especially if you don't consider them
> > worthy of debate).
>
> Frankly, I don't give a damn what you think, nor do I give a damn what
> you think about me. Earl Russell was right when he said we all just shut
> up about politics here.

You appear to be slightly touchy Tom, could be after effects from the
therapy

http://www.bocanews.com/index.php?src=news&prid=10127&category=Local%20News%20%20

Tom Sherman
January 24th 05, 01:03 PM
Edward Dolan wrote:

> But a sure cure for Mr. Sherman would be for him to go to any Muslim country
> and to live there for the rest of his life. At the end of that very
> miserable life, he would weep tears to gaze upon the American flag and would
> kiss the soil of his native land. He is truly a man without a country. Exile
> is what he deserves.

I have some connections in Malaysia (a primarily Muslim nation), but
both the weather and the food are a bit hot for my taste.

Since James Polk did not follow up on his campaign slogan "Fifty-four
forty or fight", but settled for "Forty-nine" [1] instead, the US is not
my "native land".

> If he does not have the stomach for a Muslim nation, than France would suit
> him. They are a all a bunch of treasonous *******s to the values of Western
> Civilization and would take Mr. Sherman right in and honor him. There Mr.
> Sherman could sip drinks at the caf? on the Champs Elysee in Paris and
> discourse with other malcontents on the evils of America. As you can see, I
> only have the future happiness of Mr. Sherman at heart.

The French (and most other European nations) do not accept immigrants
readily. Since my ancestors last lived in France about the time Willy
was invading England, the French government is unlikely to grant me
citizenship and pay for me to attend French language school. Too bad,
since the food is generally much better in France than the US, they know
how to have more fun protesting, they have a much shorter work week and
retirement age, and a lot of good cycling roads.

[1] George W. Bush played a part in staking the US claim for what is now
Washington State.

--
Tom Sherman - Near Rock Island

Freewheeling
January 24th 05, 10:04 PM
I assume that since the US isn't your "native land" and you've never become
a naturalized citizen that you don't plan to apply for retirement benefits
in the US. As for Washington State, I thought that was the King County
Board of Elections, admitting voters from the other side of the grave, who
staked that claim.

--
--Scott
"Tom Sherman" > wrote in message
> Edward Dolan wrote:

>> But a sure cure for Mr. Sherman would be for him to go to any Muslim
>> country and to live there for the rest of his life. At the end of that
>> very miserable life, he would weep tears to gaze upon the American flag
>> and would kiss the soil of his native land. He is truly a man without a
>> country. Exile is what he deserves.
>
> I have some connections in Malaysia (a primarily Muslim nation), but both
> the weather and the food are a bit hot for my taste.
>
> Since James Polk did not follow up on his campaign slogan "Fifty-four
> forty or fight", but settled for "Forty-nine" [1] instead, the US is not
> my "native land".
>
>> If he does not have the stomach for a Muslim nation, than France would
>> suit him. They are a all a bunch of treasonous *******s to the values of
>> Western Civilization and would take Mr. Sherman right in and honor him.
>> There Mr. Sherman could sip drinks at the caf? on the Champs Elysee in
>> Paris and discourse with other malcontents on the evils of America. As
>> you can see, I only have the future happiness of Mr. Sherman at heart.
>
> The French (and most other European nations) do not accept immigrants
> readily. Since my ancestors last lived in France about the time Willy was
> invading England, the French government is unlikely to grant me
> citizenship and pay for me to attend French language school. Too bad,
> since the food is generally much better in France than the US, they know
> how to have more fun protesting, they have a much shorter work week and
> retirement age, and a lot of good cycling roads.
>
> [1] George W. Bush played a part in staking the US claim for what is now
> Washington State.
>
> --
> Tom Sherman - Near Rock Island

Tom Sherman
January 24th 05, 10:40 PM
Freewheeling wrote:

> I assume that since the US isn't your "native land" and you've never become
> a naturalized citizen that you don't plan to apply for retirement benefits
> in the US. As for Washington State, I thought that was the King County
> Board of Elections, admitting voters from the other side of the grave, who
> staked that claim.

I expect there are quite a few people born outside the borders of the US
to parents who are US citizens.

--
Tom Sherman - Near Rock Island

Freewheeling
January 25th 05, 02:04 AM
"I expect there are quite a few people born outside the borders of the US
to parents who are US citizens."

I'm sorry, but if your point isn't about the nation to which you owe
allegiance then just exactly what is your point? Or are you just being
generically snarky because that's what you do? Whether or not those kids
were born in the US or not, they'd still be considered "native born
Americans," for instance for the purpose of the citizenship constraint on
Presidential candidates. And I'd just guess that their allegiance would be
toward the US rather than the country where they were born. But in either
case their allegiance would belong to *some* country, and most of their
"rights" would be determined by that country's legal system (assuming it had
one).

A gather you're saying that you don't owe this country allegiance, but I
don't really know whether you're saying that or not... because your intent
seems to be obscured by a darkening cloud. So, what *are* you saying,
exactly? Or is that too personal?

--
--Scott
"Tom Sherman" > wrote in message
> Freewheeling wrote:
>
>> I assume that since the US isn't your "native land" and you've never
>> become a naturalized citizen that you don't plan to apply for retirement
>> benefits in the US. As for Washington State, I thought that was the King
>> County Board of Elections, admitting voters from the other side of the
>> grave, who staked that claim.
>
> I expect there are quite a few people born outside the borders of the US
> to parents who are US citizens.
>
> --
> Tom Sherman - Near Rock Island

Tom Sherman
January 25th 05, 02:26 AM
Freewheeling wrote:

> "I expect there are quite a few people born outside the borders of the US
> to parents who are US citizens."
>
> I'm sorry, but if your point isn't about the nation to which you owe
> allegiance then just exactly what is your point? Or are you just being
> generically snarky because that's what you do? Whether or not those kids
> were born in the US or not, they'd still be considered "native born
> Americans," for instance for the purpose of the citizenship constraint on
> Presidential candidates. And I'd just guess that their allegiance would be
> toward the US rather than the country where they were born. But in either
> case their allegiance would belong to *some* country, and most of their
> "rights" would be determined by that country's legal system (assuming it had
> one).
>
> A gather you're saying that you don't owe this country allegiance, but I
> don't really know whether you're saying that or not... because your intent
> seems to be obscured by a darkening cloud. So, what *are* you saying,
> exactly? Or is that too personal?

I was arguing a point of fact.

--
Tom Sherman - Near Rock Island

Edward Dolan
January 25th 05, 02:45 AM
"Tom Sherman" > wrote in message
> Edward Dolan wrote:
[...]
>> If he does not have the stomach for a Muslim nation, than France would
>> suit him. They are a all a bunch of treasonous *******s to the values of
>> Western Civilization and would take Mr. Sherman right in and honor him.
>> There Mr. Sherman could sip drinks at the cafes on the Champs Elysee in
>> Paris and discourse with other malcontents on the evils of America. As
>> you can see, I only have the future happiness of Mr. Sherman at heart.
>
> The French (and most other European nations) do not accept immigrants
> readily. Since my ancestors last lived in France about the time Willy was
> invading England, the French government is unlikely to grant me
> citizenship and pay for me to attend French language school. Too bad,
> since the food is generally much better in France than the US, they know
> how to have more fun protesting, they have a much shorter work week and
> retirement age, and a lot of good cycling roads.

France and all of Europe are being over run by Muslims from North Africa and
the Middle East (especially Turkey). Do these immigrants continue to live
in Europe without becoming citizens? I doubt it. Why Muslims come to Europe
is very mysterious since they hate and despise Christians. I guess it must
be because they want more material advantage in their lives, something that
only the Christian West can supply.

When you are settled in France, you can learn the language on your own. Yes,
it will be hard to make some of the necessary adjustments, but that is ever
the lot of an immigrant. The most important thing is that you will be in
tune politically with others of your kind. You can hate America to your
heart's content and love France and the French, ever a nation of whores.

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Edward Dolan
January 25th 05, 02:56 AM

Freewheeling wrote:

> I'm sorry, but if your point isn't about the nation to which you owe
> allegiance then just exactly what is your point? Or are you just being
> generically snarky because that's what you do? Whether or not those kids
> were born in the US or not, they'd still be considered "native born
> Americans," for instance for the purpose of the citizenship constraint on
> Presidential candidates. And I'd just guess that their allegiance would
> be toward the US rather than the country where they were born. But in
> either case their allegiance would belong to *some* country, and most of
> their "rights" would be determined by that country's legal system
> (assuming it had one).
>
> A gather you're saying that you don't owe this country allegiance, but I
> don't really know whether you're saying that or not... because your intent
> seems to be obscured by a darkening cloud. So, what *are* you saying,
> exactly? Or is that too personal?

Mr. Sherman no longer confronts an issue head on anymore. He is only into
side stepping these days. Unfortunately for him, this group is too
intelligent to be bamboozled by such childish tactics. And then there is
always you and me to bring him up short. He had best get with the program or
retire to strictly talking about tire sizes and other such sundry and
essentially trivial matters.

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

> "Tom Sherman" > wrote in message
>> Freewheeling wrote:
>>
>>> I assume that since the US isn't your "native land" and you've never
>>> become a naturalized citizen that you don't plan to apply for retirement
>>> benefits in the US. As for Washington State, I thought that was the
>>> King County Board of Elections, admitting voters from the other side of
>>> the grave, who staked that claim.
>>
>> I expect there are quite a few people born outside the borders of the US
>> to parents who are US citizens.
>>
>> --
>> Tom Sherman - Near Rock Island

Edward Dolan
January 25th 05, 03:58 AM
"Tom Sherman" > wrote in message
> Freewheeling wrote:
>
>> "I expect there are quite a few people born outside the borders of the US
>> to parents who are US citizens."
>>
>> I'm sorry, but if your point isn't about the nation to which you owe
>> allegiance then just exactly what is your point? Or are you just being
>> generically snarky because that's what you do? Whether or not those kids
>> were born in the US or not, they'd still be considered "native born
>> Americans," for instance for the purpose of the citizenship constraint on
>> Presidential candidates. And I'd just guess that their allegiance would
>> be toward the US rather than the country where they were born. But in
>> either case their allegiance would belong to *some* country, and most of
>> their "rights" would be determined by that country's legal system
>> (assuming it had one).
>>
>> A gather you're saying that you don't owe this country allegiance, but I
>> don't really know whether you're saying that or not... because your
>> intent seems to be obscured by a darkening cloud. So, what *are* you
>> saying, exactly? Or is that too personal?
>
> I was arguing a point of fact.

Yes, a trivial fact that had no bearing on the substance of the post. But
that is typical of you lately. Moreover, one hardly even knows what you are
talking about anymore because your allusions are so elliptical. No one here
is going to struggle to understand you because no one here is worth that
kind of effort. Finally, what good does it do to see a tree if you can't see
the forest. Forget the trivial fact crap and try to get up to speed, why
don't you.

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Tom Sherman
January 25th 05, 04:13 AM
Edward Dolan wrote:

> ...Moreover, one hardly even knows what you are
> talking about anymore because your allusions are so elliptical....

Do not criticize the ellipse. Without its discovery, my life's work
would have been for naught.

Johannes Kepler

Edward Dolan
January 25th 05, 06:53 AM
"Tom Sherman" > wrote in message
[...]
> The French (and most other European nations) do not accept immigrants
> readily. Since my ancestors last lived in France about the time Willy was
> invading England, the French government is unlikely to grant me
> citizenship and pay for me to attend French language school. Too bad,
> since the food is generally much better in France than the US, they know
> how to have more fun protesting, they have a much shorter work week and
> retirement age, and a lot of good cycling roads.

Where to begin? The French do not have better food than do we here in the
good old USA. They have very inferior food, but they have perfected sauces
and flavorings to make it taste better than it should. We do not have to
bother with such artifices because our food is naturally good and wholesome.

The French perfected the art of crowd control a couple of centuries ago by
randomly shooting protesters in the street. Rioting in the streets was
anything but fun back then, but who knows what the French are capable of
today.

There is no one in the world who is more in favor of a shorter work week
than myself. However, whether or not the French will be able to maintain
their present work schedule is highly debatable. We are now living in a
very competitive global economy. Those darn Chinese will put all of us out
of a job if we aren't careful.

As to good cycling roads, I will have to take your word on that. Perry
Butler has traveled extensively in Europe by bicycle, so maybe he could
advise us if the roads in France are any good for cycling. I do recall that
when I was in France a half century ago I do not believe I ever saw any
paved shoulders on the roads there.

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Freewheeling
January 25th 05, 03:45 PM
Again Tom, this is the second-smartest thing you can do. Heh.

--
--Scott
"Tom Sherman" > wrote in message
> Edward Dolan wrote:
>
>> ...Moreover, one hardly even knows what you are talking about anymore
>> because your allusions are so elliptical....
>
> Do not criticize the ellipse. Without its discovery, my life's work would
> have been for naught.
>
> Johannes Kepler

Tom Sherman
January 26th 05, 01:10 AM
Mark Leuck wrote:

> If you don't respond to it [off-topic posts] then it dies

I wish this were so. ;)

If NO ONE responds to an off-topic troll it dies. If I do not respond
but others do, it lives.

--
Tom Sherman - Earth

Mark Leuck
January 26th 05, 04:13 AM
"Tom Sherman" > wrote in message
> Mark Leuck wrote:
>
> > If you don't respond to it [off-topic posts] then it dies
>
> I wish this were so. ;)
>
> If NO ONE responds to an off-topic troll it dies. If I do not respond
> but others do, it lives.
>
> --
> Tom Sherman - Earth

It appears he doesn't like YOU tho

Tom Sherman
January 26th 05, 10:24 AM
Freewheeling wrote:
> Tom:
>
> I just joined an off topic thread, making the occasional on topic remark.
> And I never raised a topic within the thread, but just responded to claims
> made by others... mostly with plain old common sense. After which I was
> called a blood thirsty war monger and a sociopath. Personally I don't think
> anything I said has had an effect on you. The most devasting experience the
> left has had was when Bin Laden and other terrorists started repeating their
> arguments. And the impact wasn't obvious or immediate either, but subtle
> and profound. Well, it impacted everyone but Ted Kennedy and Barbara Boxer,
> apparently. But they've always been well insulated from reality. I really
> wish we were living in that world where threats were minimal and where the
> only thing any of us really had to be concerned with was how far and how
> fast we mere going to pedal, and who we were going to do it with. I'd give
> damn near anything to get that world back, and I really wish I were better
> at temporary amnesia, so that I could forget this one once in awhile (or
> just figure it's a matter of getting rid of this or that pol).
>
> I think we're taking the shortest possible route back to that world, or no
> one at least as good.

I see that someone can not resist posting his political views.

I am keeping an open mind about Usama bin Laden, as he has yet to state
his preference for highracers or lowracers.

--
Tom Sherman - Earth

Edward Dolan
January 26th 05, 10:52 AM
"Tom Sherman" > wrote in message
> Freewheeling wrote:
>> Tom:
>>
>> I just joined an off topic thread, making the occasional on topic remark.
>> And I never raised a topic within the thread, but just responded to
>> claims made by others... mostly with plain old common sense. After which
>> I was called a blood thirsty war monger and a sociopath. Personally I
>> don't think anything I said has had an effect on you. The most devasting
>> experience the left has had was when Bin Laden and other terrorists
>> started repeating their arguments. And the impact wasn't obvious or
>> immediate either, but subtle and profound. Well, it impacted everyone
>> but Ted Kennedy and Barbara Boxer, apparently. But they've always been
>> well insulated from reality. I really wish we were living in that world
>> where threats were minimal and where the only thing any of us really had
>> to be concerned with was how far and how fast we mere going to pedal, and
>> who we were going to do it with. I'd give damn near anything to get that
>> world back, and I really wish I were better at temporary amnesia, so that
>> I could forget this one once in awhile (or just figure it's a matter of
>> getting rid of this or that pol).
>>
>> I think we're taking the shortest possible route back to that world, or
>> no one at least as good.
>
> I see that someone can not resist posting his political views.
>
> I am keeping an open mind about Usama bin Laden, as he has yet to state
> his preference for highracers or lowracers.

Yup, I have got it right. Mr. Sheman is no longer up to these off topic
political discussions. Therefore, he should bow out and leave the field to
those of us who are. Most ARBR's know their limitations and behave
accordingly. We will be looking forward to your future postings on tire
sizes and other sundry and trivial matters.

> Tom Sherman - Earth

Here is a very confused man who does not know where he belongs. I have
already advised him on multiple occasions that "Rock Island - Illinois" is
the only possible signature for him. The only reason he does not take my
advice is to spite me.

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Freewheeling
January 27th 05, 07:33 AM
"I am keeping an open mind about Usama bin Laden, as he has yet to state
his preference for highracers or lowracers."

Sorry I treated you like an adult. My mistake.

--
--Scott
"Tom Sherman" > wrote in message
> Freewheeling wrote:
>> Tom:
>>
>> I just joined an off topic thread, making the occasional on topic remark.
>> And I never raised a topic within the thread, but just responded to
>> claims made by others... mostly with plain old common sense. After which
>> I was called a blood thirsty war monger and a sociopath. Personally I
>> don't think anything I said has had an effect on you. The most devasting
>> experience the left has had was when Bin Laden and other terrorists
>> started repeating their arguments. And the impact wasn't obvious or
>> immediate either, but subtle and profound. Well, it impacted everyone
>> but Ted Kennedy and Barbara Boxer, apparently. But they've always been
>> well insulated from reality. I really wish we were living in that world
>> where threats were minimal and where the only thing any of us really had
>> to be concerned with was how far and how fast we mere going to pedal, and
>> who we were going to do it with. I'd give damn near anything to get that
>> world back, and I really wish I were better at temporary amnesia, so that
>> I could forget this one once in awhile (or just figure it's a matter of
>> getting rid of this or that pol).
>>
>> I think we're taking the shortest possible route back to that world, or
>> no one at least as good.
>
> I see that someone can not resist posting his political views.
>
> I am keeping an open mind about Usama bin Laden, as he has yet to state
> his preference for highracers or lowracers.
>
> --
> Tom Sherman - Earth

January 27th 05, 05:02 PM
Damn Tom, I leave for a week or so and come back to see you looking all
beaten up and defeated. But I know you've just been rope-a-doping while I
was away and at any moment you'll be unleashing your killer retorts and
irrefutable arguments.

skip

Tom Sherman
January 28th 05, 01:16 AM
Freewheeling wrote:

> "I am keeping an open mind about Usama bin Laden, as he has yet to state
> his preference for highracers or lowracers."
>
> Sorry I treated you like an adult. My mistake.

When someone who is intelligent and educated enough to know better
supports a regime that commits illegal conquests of sovereign countries,
ignores its own constitution, tortures prisoners, implements a creeping
police state domestically, and shows a general contempt for justice,
human rights, the environment, long term planning, and the rule of law,
there is no longer any point in having a discussion with them, other
than for entertainment purposes.

Therefore, I choose to be facetious.

P.S. This newsgroup is in all likelihood not read by anyone who is
looking to hire right-wing political scientists at a high salary.

--
Tom Sherman - Earth

Tom Sherman
January 28th 05, 01:23 AM
wrote:

> Damn Tom, I leave for a week or so and come back to see you looking all
> beaten up and defeated. But I know you've just been rope-a-doping while I
> was away and at any moment you'll be unleashing your killer retorts and
> irrefutable arguments.

What would be the point? Only a handful of people read the political
threads, and the chance of anyone changing his/her mind approaches zero.
And as Earl Russell has pointed out to me, it annoys a lot of people for
no good purpose.

I prefer to annoy people by talking about my Earth Cycles Sunset
Lowracer [TM] to no end, which happens to be on topic for this newsgroup. :)

What is up with the email address? Using <http://qualitybikes.com> leads
to <http://www.bicycleblowout.com/>.

--
Tom Sherman - Earth

Tom Sherman
January 28th 05, 02:43 AM
Freewheeling wrote:

> I don't suppose you'd care to actually debate any of those "point?" Right.
> I thought not....

This reminds me of the way children attempt to bait other children into
doing something stupid or wrong by saying they are a coward for not
doing so.

Nice troll, but I am not biting.

--
Tom Sherman - Earth

January 28th 05, 03:39 AM
What kind of dye is best for a Earth Cycle seat pad? I think I might like
to dye my RANS seat pad, but I don't want to use the kind of dye the
previous owner of your Earth Cycle used. I'm getting tired of the basic
black color RANS uses. Does the dye you would use come in colors? I'm
leaning toward Red, but I surely want to have it to fade to pink, which I'm
sure you can understand based on another thread. No telling what manner of
innuendo might be posted to the newsgroup if a certain person were to get
wind of it.

skip

Tom Sherman
January 28th 05, 04:29 AM
wrote:

> What kind of dye is best for a Earth Cycle seat pad? I think I might like
> to dye my RANS seat pad, but I don't want to use the kind of dye the
> previous owner of your Earth Cycle used. I'm getting tired of the basic
> black color RANS uses. Does the dye you would use come in colors? I'm
> leaning toward Red, but I surely want to have it to fade to pink, which I'm
> sure you can understand based on another thread. No telling what manner of
> innuendo might be posted to the newsgroup if a certain person were to get
> wind of it.

The Earth Cycles seat pad cover is hemp fiber, while the RANS seat cover
feels like a synthetic (nylon?) fiber/lycra blend, so the same dye might
perform differently. Anyhow, I doubt you could dye an already black pad
a lighter color.

Speaking of people named Perry, making seat covers is likely something
"Bentcajungirl" could do, considering she has been a supplier of seat
mesh to a recumbent manufacturer.

You could ask Melanie at Free Form Fashions to see if she would make you
a custom seat cover. She certainly seems to find "interesting" fabric
patterns for body socks and the storage bags she makes for Zzipper fairings.

[1] <http://www.bikeroute.com/FreeFormFashions/>.

--
Tom Sherman - Earth

Edward Dolan
January 28th 05, 04:50 AM
"Tom Sherman" > wrote in message
> wrote:
>
>> Damn Tom, I leave for a week or so and come back to see you looking all
>> beaten up and defeated. But I know you've just been rope-a-doping while
>> was away and at any moment you'll be unleashing your killer retorts and
>> irrefutable arguments.
>
> What would be the point? Only a handful of people read the political
> threads, and the chance of anyone changing his/her mind approaches zero.
> And as Earl Russell has pointed out to me, it annoys a lot of people for
> no good purpose.

We shall see if this wacko far left wing (socialist-communist) nut case can
keep his big mouth shut when the Great Ed Dolan begins to wax poetic on many
an issue. I see that Google has this group down as being "active" with
perhaps 10 to 100 participants. However, there may be many times that number
who are lurking and following this group.

It amuses me that Mr. Sherman is all of a sudden concerned with annoying
others when that was never a concern of his before. Skip has got it right.
The recent election and the ways things are going generally have convinced
him to shut up for the moment. But I have every confidence that he will
soon be back in fighting trim. After all, once a nut, always a nut (barring
youthful indiscretions of course).

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

Tom Sherman
January 28th 05, 05:03 AM
Edward Dolan wrote:

> "Tom Sherman" > wrote in message

>>>Damn Tom, I leave for a week or so and come back to see you looking all
>>>beaten up and defeated. But I know you've just been rope-a-doping while
>>>was away and at any moment you'll be unleashing your killer retorts and
>>>irrefutable arguments.
>>
>>What would be the point? Only a handful of people read the political
>>threads, and the chance of anyone changing his/her mind approaches zero.
>>And as Earl Russell has pointed out to me, it annoys a lot of people for
>>no good purpose.
>

> We shall see if this wacko far left wing (socialist-communist) nut case can
> keep his big mouth shut when the Great Ed Dolan begins to wax poetic on many
> an issue. I see that Google has this group down as being "active" with
> perhaps 10 to 100 participants. However, there may be many times that number
> who are lurking and following this group.
>
> It amuses me that Mr. Sherman is all of a sudden concerned with annoying
> others when that was never a concern of his before. Skip has got it right.
> The recent election and the ways things are going generally have convinced
> him to shut up for the moment. But I have every confidence that he will
> soon be back in fighting trim. After all, once a nut, always a nut (barring
> youthful indiscretions of course).

Schadenfreude is unseemly.

60 million ignorant people can easily be wrong.

After all, more than ninety-nine (99) percent of bicycles sold are
uprights, but does that make the upright design superior to the
recumbent design? Of course not!

--
Tom Sherman - Earth

January 28th 05, 05:51 AM
Ed, I'm worried about Tom. I'm concerned he has suddenly come to realize
he's on the wrong side of political history and this has him stressed to the
point that he's just about shut down mentally. As it is now he seems to
only want to talk about his sunset bicycle. You might try to draw him out a
bit - maybe pretend you don't have enough sense to buy a chain for your bike
and ask his advice. I think his condition is quite fragile at the moment
and he needs to be dealt with gently for the time being.

skip

Tom Sherman
January 28th 05, 06:07 AM
wrote:

> Ed, I'm worried about Tom. I'm concerned he has suddenly come to realize
> he's on the wrong side of political history and this has him stressed to the
> point that he's just about shut down mentally. As it is now he seems to
> only want to talk about his sunset bicycle. You might try to draw him out a
> bit - maybe pretend you don't have enough sense to buy a chain for your bike
> and ask his advice. I think his condition is quite fragile at the moment
> and he needs to be dealt with gently for the time being.

I am just waiting for some more disasters to happen, so I can laugh at
all the whiny people saying "How could this happen?", when it was
obvious the disaster was going to happen.

--
Tom "Schadenfreude" Sherman - Earth

Edward Dolan
January 28th 05, 06:21 AM
> wrote in message
> Ed, I'm worried about Tom. I'm concerned he has suddenly come to realize
> he's on the wrong side of political history and this has him stressed to
> the
> point that he's just about shut down mentally. As it is now he seems to
> only want to talk about his sunset bicycle. You might try to draw him out
> bit - maybe pretend you don't have enough sense to buy a chain for your
> bike
> and ask his advice. I think his condition is quite fragile at the moment
> and he needs to be dealt with gently for the time being.
>
> skip

Skip, I think you are right in everything you say about Mr. Tom. I will go
easy on him for awhile as there are plenty of other idiots for me to deal
with at the moment.

I am trying to figure out how to escape these other newsgroups that are now
plaguing me. I find that ARBR keeps me busy for the most part, but not
always. So I may occasionally go slumming to some of these other bike
groups. I think maybe I will keep aus.bicycle and get rid of uk.rec.cycling
as the latter group seems particularly nasty to me. bc.cycling and
nyc.bicycles are just too small, although the latter is very amusing for all
the discussion of homosexuality that takes place there. Those guys seem to
be real experts on the subject. Anyone here who thinks ARBR is off topic a
lot needs to have a look at nyc.bicycles. It is a real eye opener.

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

January 28th 05, 06:29 AM
This is troubling.

He has gone from "schadenfreude is unseemly" to schadenfreude is my middle
name in the space of a few hours.

skip

Mark Leuck
January 28th 05, 06:40 AM
"Tom Sherman" > wrote in message

> 60 million ignorant people can easily be wrong.

Yes and they apparently all voted for John Kerry :)

> After all, more than ninety-nine (99) percent of bicycles sold are
> uprights, but does that make the upright design superior to the
> recumbent design? Of course not!

While I agree with that it is an opinion and still up for debate

Mark Leuck
January 28th 05, 06:52 AM
> wrote in message
> Ed, I'm worried about Tom. I'm concerned he has suddenly come to realize
> he's on the wrong side of political history and this has him stressed to
the
> point that he's just about shut down mentally. As it is now he seems to
> only want to talk about his sunset bicycle. You might try to draw him out
> bit - maybe pretend you don't have enough sense to buy a chain for your
bike
> and ask his advice. I think his condition is quite fragile at the moment
> and he needs to be dealt with gently for the time being.
>
> skip

This is part of the "5-D" therapy sessions he's recently taken

http://www.bocanews.com/index.php?src=news&prid=10127&category=Local%20News%20%20

Step 1 "Disgust"
Admit to yourself that in hindsight John Kerry was a lousy candidate

Step 2 "Denial"
Say to everyone you didn't support him by saying instead you promote 3rd
party candidates instead, register as an Independent to hide your true
feelings

Step 3 "Deflection"
Decide after months of ranting the usual leftist banter you now no longer
wish to talk about it and would instead prefer to speak only about the
current subject

Only thing he has left is

Step 4 "Defect"
Discuss and even plan on moving to a socialist country such as Canada or
France, dream of how wonderful such a life will be as he walks through a
government subsidized environment full of smiling people, Sunset Lowracer
bikes, bright sunshine and flowers

Step 5 "Do Nothing"
Find out Canada or France isn't what you dreamed they would be after finding
out about the massive tax and unemployment rate, nobody smiling, the fact
that his aged and obsolete Sunset is long gone AND it's winter

Slowly he will get back into step and begin the absurd statements

Mark Leuck
January 28th 05, 06:54 AM
"Tom Sherman" > wrote in message
> wrote:
>

> I am just waiting for some more disasters to happen, so I can laugh at
> all the whiny people saying "How could this happen?", when it was
> obvious the disaster was going to happen.
>
> --
> Tom "Schadenfreude" Sherman - Earth

Not only are you waiting but it's what you want, for every one person who
tries for positive change there are thousands like yourself who advocate his
failure

Edward Dolan
January 28th 05, 08:13 AM
"Mark Leuck" > wrote in message

> "Tom Sherman" > wrote in message
>> wrote:
>>

>> I am just waiting for some more disasters to happen, so I can laugh at
>> all the whiny people saying "How could this happen?", when it was
>> obvious the disaster was going to happen.
>>
>> --
>> Tom "Schadenfreude" Sherman - Earth
>
> Not only are you waiting but it's what you want, for every one person who
> tries for positive change there are thousands like yourself who advocate
> his
> failure

The Dems are now on the losing side of history for the first time in my
life. They can only get back into power if America fails. That is why they
are forever hoping for the worst. They do not have any solutions for
anything themselves, but all that matters to them is that they be in power.
They not only lust for peace no matter what, they also lust for power no
matter what. Like a certain person's Sunset, the Dems are also going to
sunset - and the sooner the better.

The main thing that has got to change in this country are the major media.
They remain staunchly liberal and Democratic. Yes, there are many other
sources of news and commentary now, but still the major media remain a
stumbling block.

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

Edward Dolan
January 28th 05, 08:24 AM
> wrote in message
> This is troubling.
>
> He has gone from "schadenfreude is unseemly" to schadenfreude is my middle
> name in the space of a few hours.
>
> skip

Schadenfreude is a word that only academicians will know about. I have comes
across it many times, but I am never quite sure what it means in detail.
Here it is for all of us to ponder:

Main Entry: scha·den·freu·de
Pronunciation: 'shä-d&n-"froi-d&
Function: noun
Usage: often capitalized
Etymology: German, from Schaden damage + Freude joy
: enjoyment obtained from the troubles of others

Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary

It may be that Mr. Sherman has just discovered this word and it therefore
using it repeatedly. That is a good way to cement a new word in your mind. I
believe we do not exactly have an equivalent for this German word in
English.

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

January 28th 05, 01:57 PM
Mr. Ed says:
Schadenfreude is a word that only academicians will know about. I have
comes
across it many times, but I am never quite sure what it means in
detail.

Jeez Ed, more evidence (along with that nonsense about food) that you
haven't been out of your 50 degree house in about 40 years.
Schadenfreude is a song in the hit broadway musical, _Avenue Q_ and as
the character Gary Coleman explains simply, "It's German for happiness
at the misfortune of others."

Edward Dolan
January 28th 05, 02:40 PM
> wrote in message
ups.com...
> Mr. Ed says:
> Schadenfreude is a word that only academicians will know about. I have
> come
> across it many times, but I am never quite sure what it means in
> detail.
>
> Jeez Ed, more evidence (along with that nonsense about food) that you
> haven't been out of your 50 degree house in about 40 years.
> Schadenfreude is a song in the hit broadway musical, _Avenue Q_ and as
> the character Gary Coleman explains simply, "It's German for happiness
> at the misfortune of others."

The only Broadway musical I ever liked was Show Boat. And it is true that I
don't get out much anymore. The thing is that after you have lived long
enough everything becomes deja vue.

Wasn't Gary Coleman that ugly Negro dwarf who I understand has become a very
unhappy ugly Negro dwarf. I believe he had a TV comedy show at one time too.

I can't wait for March. Anyone who thinks they can live comfortably in a 50
degree house should try it sometime. I am keeping the body core warm enough,
but the extremities (hands and feet) can get quite chilled. Maybe my
disposition will improve too when I thaw out.

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

January 28th 05, 03:21 PM
Jeez John, how many of us non urbanites do you reckon know anything about
_Avenue Q_?

I'd bet the farm it hasn't made it to Ed's town yet.

Isn't Avenue Q a puppet show? Does Gary Coleman play a puppet?

skip

Edward Dolan
January 28th 05, 03:48 PM
> wrote in message
> Jeez John, how many of us non urbanites do you reckon know anything about
> _Avenue Q_?
>
> I'd bet the farm it hasn't made it to Ed's town yet.
>
> Isn't Avenue Q a puppet show? Does Gary Coleman play a puppet?
>
> skip

Even if it did ever come to my town, I would not be caught dead going to it.
All Broadway musicals are an abomination (except Show Boat - there is
actually some good music in that one). If I want light opera, I will go to
the Viennese operettas of Johann Strauss and Offenbach. Even Lehar was not
half bad.

I occasionally see a Broadway musical when they are being shown on PBS. I
am thinking of Cats and something about a phantom at the opera. I can't
believe folks actually pay good money for stuff like that. They must be
desperate for entertainment. It is a far, far better thing that I do that I
go out on my bike and try to clear my mind than that I attend a worthless
musical which will only aggravate me with it's asininity.

--
Best Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

January 28th 05, 06:18 PM
Hard to describe, but yes, technically it is a puppet show. The
people working the puppets are not hidden; they are standing on stage
holding the puppets. Not all the characters are puppets. The Gary
Coleman character was a young woman, not a puppet. And yes, it is meant
to be the TV character. There are jokes around that.

I would not look for this one to come to your town soon. It is sure to
offend a wide variety of people (puppet sex, anyone?). I thought is
was one of the funniest things I'd seen in a long time.

I would not have expected that Ed would have seen it, but he might have
read about it.

Edward Dolan
January 28th 05, 06:29 PM
> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Hard to describe, but yes, technically it is a puppet show. The
> people working the puppets are not hidden; they are standing on stage
> holding the puppets. Not all the characters are puppets. The Gary
> Coleman character was a young woman, not a puppet. And yes, it is meant
> to be the TV character. There are jokes around that.
>
> I would not look for this one to come to your town soon. It is sure to
> offend a wide variety of people (puppet sex, anyone?). I thought is
> was one of the funniest things I'd seen in a long time.
>
> I would not have expected that Ed would have seen it, but he might have
> read about it.

Many thanks for the brief description. Puppetry? The Gary Coleman character
a young woman? I will be sure to avoid it like the plague.

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

Tom Sherman
January 29th 05, 12:01 AM
Edward Dolan wrote:

> I can't wait for March. Anyone who thinks they can live comfortably in a 50
> degree house should try it sometime. I am keeping the body core warm enough,
> but the extremities (hands and feet) can get quite chilled. Maybe my
> disposition will improve too when I thaw out.

I have lived through worse than that. Imagine heating a leaky [1] old
two-story farmhouse with a single "barrel" stove. Nothing quite like
getting out of bed in literally freezing conditions, then getting out of
a shower in a 45-50 F bathroom.

[1] This is where the staple gun and polymer sheeting comes in handy.

--
Tom Sherman - Earth

Tom Sherman
January 29th 05, 12:04 AM
wrote:

> Jeez Ed, more evidence (along with that nonsense about food) that you
> haven't been out of your 50 degree house in about 40 years.
> Schadenfreude is a song in the hit broadway musical, _Avenue Q_ ...

Never heard of said musical.

--
Tom Sherman - Earth

Tom Sherman
January 29th 05, 12:22 AM
Edward Dolan wrote:

> ...If I want light opera, I will go to
> the Viennese operettas of Johann Strauss and Offenbach. Even Lehar was not
> half bad....

Jakob Levy Eberst wrote primarily for the Bouffes Parisiens, which is a
long way from Vienna.

--
Tom Sherman - Earth

Al Luminium
January 29th 05, 05:57 AM
"Tom Sherman" > wrote in message
> Freewheeling wrote:

>> I don't suppose you'd care to actually debate any of those "point?"
>> Right. I thought not....
>
> This reminds me of the way children attempt to bait other children into
> doing something stupid or wrong by saying they are a coward for not doing
> so.
>
> Nice troll, but I am not biting.
>
> --
> Tom Sherman - Earth

Tom, I think you punctured FW's ego. He was seem steaming off into the
sunset listing heavily to starboard.

Al

Edward Dolan
January 29th 05, 12:09 PM
"Tom Sherman" > wrote in message
> Edward Dolan wrote:
>
>> ...If I want light opera, I will go to
>> the Viennese operettas of Johann Strauss and Offenbach. Even Lehar was
>> not half bad....
>
> Jakob Levy Eberst wrote primarily for the Bouffes Parisiens, which is a
> long way from Vienna.

Jacques Offenbach, although born in Cologne, was Parisian of course, but he
wrote in the Viennese style of operetta. I often think of him as being
Viennese because of that.

The Viennese school of operetta, as founded by Johann Strauss, was as good
as operetta ever got. The Broadway musical is a corruption of it and not
nearly so good. That Americans like Broadway musicals and do not like
Viennese operetta is indicative of the very bad American taste in music
generally. Even West Side Story, one of the better Broadway musicals, was
not as good as most think it is.

The Germans had a genius for music, the English for literature and the
French for painting. We Americans hardly rate at all in the arts, certainly
not in music.

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

Tom Sherman
January 29th 05, 12:57 PM
Al Luminium wrote:

> Tom, I think you punctured FW's ego. He was seem steaming off into the
> sunset listing heavily to starboard.

Running into a Sunset would be seriously uncool! After all, they are a
very limited resource with only 18 in existence.

--
Tom Sherman - Earth

Arne
January 29th 05, 01:56 PM
..
"Al Luminium" > wrote in message

> "Tom Sherman" > wrote in message
>> Freewheeling wrote:

>>> I don't suppose you'd care to actually debate any of those "point?"
>>> Right. I thought not....
>>
>> This reminds me of the way children attempt to bait other children into
>> doing something stupid or wrong by saying they are a coward for not doing
>> so.
>>
>> Nice troll, but I am not biting.
>>
>> --
>> Tom Sherman - Earth
>>

> Tom, I think you punctured FW's ego. He was seem steaming off into the
> sunset listing heavily to starboard.
>
> Al

> News==----
> Newsgroups

You entertain strange thoughts..
..
Arne, USA (bottom posting rules)

January 29th 05, 02:15 PM
It's interesting to me that the mere mention of Broadway Shows, Puppets, and
Opera in a couple of posts seems to have triggered the listing of several
online puppet stores.

This is a marketing idea made in heaven for Bentrider Online.

skip

Tom Sherman
January 29th 05, 02:55 PM
$kip wrote:

> It's interesting to me that the mere mention of Broadway Shows, Puppets, and
> Opera in a couple of posts seems to have triggered the listing of several
> online puppet stores.
>
> This is a marketing idea made in heaven for Bentrider Online.

Gurgle Gropes [1] does exist primarily for the purpose of making money.

[1] As G. Daniels would put it.

--
Tom Sherman - Earth

Edward Dolan
January 29th 05, 04:31 PM
"Arne" > wrote in message
> .
> "Al Luminium" > wrote in message

>>> This reminds me of the way children attempt to bait other children into
>>> doing something stupid or wrong by saying they are a coward for not
>>> doing so.
>>>
>>> Nice troll, but I am not biting.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Tom Sherman - Earth
>>>

>> Tom, I think you punctured FW's ego. He was seem steaming off into the
>> sunset listing heavily to starboard.
>>
>> Al

>> News==----
>> http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000
>> Newsgroups
>> ---= East/West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =---
>
> You entertain strange thoughts..
> .
> Arne, USA (bottom posting rules)

Arne, it is OK to eliminate signatures since the posters will be indicated
at the top of the post. But we all appreciate your bottom posting. It is
much easier to follow your thought now.

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

Al Luminium
January 29th 05, 07:25 PM
> wrote in message
> It's interesting to me that the mere mention of Broadway Shows, Puppets,
> and
> Opera in a couple of posts seems to have triggered the listing of several
> online puppet stores.
>
> This is a marketing idea made in heaven for Bentrider Online.
>
> skip

Did you mean BORINGRIDER ONLINE? It would be a waste of fokking time to
program anything for those boring sycophants.

January 29th 05, 08:06 PM
Al, as I see it there is money to be made there. Those message board guys
seem to have plenty of spending money and they seem willing to buy anything
that promises to make them faster or able to smoke a roadie, even at a cost
$4,000.00 more. Brian needs to figure ways to cash in on this lucrative
situation that is positioned right there at his finger tips.

$$$kip

Al Luminium
January 30th 05, 01:56 AM
> wrote in message
> Al, as I see it there is money to be made there. Those message board guys
> seem to have plenty of spending money and they seem willing to buy
> anything
> that promises to make them faster or able to smoke a roadie, even at a
> cost
> $4,000.00 more. Brian needs to figure ways to cash in on this lucrative
> situation that is positioned right there at his finger tips.
>
> $$$kip

You mean like a product from Lemming Tech? Or when a comment about slow is
linked to the goslowhighwalker bike companies ads and fast is linked to
Kamil's machines and ugle brings a link to, well I don't want to think about
that as it's such a big catagory.

BTW, You mean Brian who can't sell two dollar hats and tee shirts to bald
fat guys? That Brian?

Al

Johnny
January 30th 05, 05:10 AM
Lot of lame benters at BROL better known as Bent Rejects On Lithium ride useles slow heavy crap. The NoCom RULES and is the Fastest Stock Bike in the Universe. Nothing else comes close.

Bwian Ball is the slow bike pimp of the recumbent world. Pimpin slow bents to idiots is Bwians job.

If its not a NoCom it will never be fast.

Cheers,
Johnny NoCom

From: "Al Luminium" >
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 19:56:23 -0600

>You mean like a product from Lemming Tech? Or when a comment about slow is
>linked to the goslowhighwalker bike companies ads and fast is linked to
>Kamil's machines and ugle brings a link to, well I don't want to think about
>that as it's such a big catagory.

>BTW, You mean Brian who can't sell two dollar hats and tee shirts to bald
>fat guys? That Brian?

>Al

Johnny
January 31st 05, 01:24 AM
New item at the Johnny NoCom web superstore.
Gold windbreaker jacket with large print on back
"NoCom racer CRUSHES Sri Chinmoy 400 km race record by 23 minutes"

$65.00
Hundrerds of windbreaker jackets already sold in celebration of this historic event. This is expected to be another sell out item.
Sizes LG and XLG in Champion Gold color of course.

This item is expected to sell out. Place your orders soon.

$45.99

Johnny Sr.
NoCom Enterprises
Fastest Stock Bike in the Known Universe®.com

Freewheeling
January 31st 05, 11:06 AM
"Tom Sherman" > wrote in message
> wrote:
>
>> Ed, I'm worried about Tom. I'm concerned he has suddenly come to realize
>> he's on the wrong side of political history and this has him stressed to
>> the
>> point that he's just about shut down mentally. As it is now he seems to
>> only want to talk about his sunset bicycle. You might try to draw him
>> out a
>> bit - maybe pretend you don't have enough sense to buy a chain for your
>> bike
>> and ask his advice. I think his condition is quite fragile at the moment
>> and he needs to be dealt with gently for the time being.
>
> I am just waiting for some more disasters to happen, so I can laugh at all
> the whiny people saying "How could this happen?", when it was obvious the
> disaster was going to happen.

You may not have noticed that people don't vote for those rooting for
disaster, even when they're right. No, of course you didn't notice that.

> --
> Tom "Schadenfreude" Sherman - Earth

Freewheeling
January 31st 05, 11:35 AM
"Tom Sherman" > wrote in message
> Freewheeling wrote:

>> I don't suppose you'd care to actually debate any of those "point?"
>> Right. I thought not....
>
> This reminds me of the way children attempt to bait other children into
> doing something stupid or wrong by saying they are a coward for not doing
> so.
>
> Nice troll, but I am not biting.

Like, you didn't raise the subject, huh?

So, when are you gonna own up to your brag about the Mountains of Misery?

> --
> Tom Sherman - Earth

Tom Sherman
January 31st 05, 12:15 PM
Freewheeling wrote:
> "Tom Sherman" > wrote in message
>
>>Freewheeling wrote:

>>>I don't suppose you'd care to actually debate any of those "point?"
>>>Right. I thought not....
>>
>>This reminds me of the way children attempt to bait other children into
>>doing something stupid or wrong by saying they are a coward for not doing
>>so.
>>
>>Nice troll, but I am not biting.
>

> Like, you didn't raise the subject, huh?
>
> So, when are you gonna own up to your brag about the Mountains of Misery?

More revisionist history - typical right-wing tactic.

I merely said that with low enough gearing on a trike and enough time,
any of the roads on the Mountains of Misery could be climbed by someone
in normal club rider shape. For some reason this put Cletus Lee in a
hissy fit.

If you really want to know, I have not kept in good riding shape due to
medical problems. Now you can feel all macho and happy.

--
Tom Sherman - Earth

Mark Leuck
January 31st 05, 02:45 PM
"Tom Sherman" > wrote in message

> I merely said that with low enough gearing on a trike and enough time,
> any of the roads on the Mountains of Misery could be climbed by someone
> in normal club rider shape. For some reason this put Cletus Lee in a
> hissy fit.
>
> If you really want to know, I have not kept in good riding shape due to
> medical problems. Now you can feel all macho and happy.

If you don't mind me asking Tom when was the last time you rode?

Ian Smythe
January 31st 05, 05:04 PM
Glenn Drury racing a Velokraft NoCom lowracer. What is amazing is Mr. Drury was riding a stock bike with no fairings. He finished the 400 km race a twitch short of 2 hours less than the regular cyclists team.

Ian Smythe

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ......................
Re: Recumbent Racer Glen Drury sets course record
That is quite an impressive accomplishment. Who is the rider and what bike did he ride? Was he in a F-40?

Stan Vinson
P38
.................................................. .................... .................................................. .......
Recumbent cycles entered the 400km cycle for the first time (as a separate category), with Glen Druryclocking the impressive time of 11:57:37. With the popularity of the recumbents, the race is likely to be open next year to other specialist cyclists (all scored in different categories).

Roger Nolan
February 1st 05, 12:48 AM
Kurt,
The NoCom is a racing bike. Some of the A.R.B,R. regulars do not like to talk about cycling and are threatened by bike talk and active lifestyle. I say buy a NoCom and you can not go wrong. Do not pay attention to some of the people at A.R.B.R. that do not like the NoCom.

Roger Nolan

Kurt Richter
Guest

What is this Velokraft NoCom? I was going to buy a trike but after reading this post I decided to hold off and buy a fast machine. Does anyone have any photos or links?

Kurt Richter

Tom Sherman
February 1st 05, 01:17 AM
Mark Leuck wrote:

> "Tom Sherman" > wrote in message
>
>>I merely said that with low enough gearing on a trike and enough time,
>>any of the roads on the Mountains of Misery could be climbed by someone
>>in normal club rider shape. For some reason this put Cletus Lee in a
>>hissy fit.
>>
>>If you really want to know, I have not kept in good riding shape due to
>>medical problems. Now you can feel all macho and happy.
>

> If you don't mind me asking Tom when was the last time you rode?

Last year. I hurt my knees a couple of times, and spent most of the
summer being gimpy. Most of the time I have headaches and/or nausea, so
riding is not enjoyable.

I should have stayed in graduate school forever. At that time I was
doing four 40+ mile club rides a week, and an invitational ride most
weekends during the cycling season. :(

--
Tom Sherman - Earth

Mark Leuck
February 1st 05, 01:37 AM
"Tom Sherman" > wrote in message
> Mark Leuck wrote:
>
> > "Tom Sherman" > wrote in message
> >
> >>I merely said that with low enough gearing on a trike and enough time,
> >>any of the roads on the Mountains of Misery could be climbed by someone
> >>in normal club rider shape. For some reason this put Cletus Lee in a
> >>hissy fit.
> >>
> >>If you really want to know, I have not kept in good riding shape due to
> >>medical problems. Now you can feel all macho and happy.
> >

> > If you don't mind me asking Tom when was the last time you rode?
>
> Last year. I hurt my knees a couple of times, and spent most of the
> summer being gimpy. Most of the time I have headaches and/or nausea, so
> riding is not enjoyable.
>
> I should have stayed in graduate school forever. At that time I was
> doing four 40+ mile club rides a week, and an invitational ride most
> weekends during the cycling season. :(
>
> --
> Tom Sherman - Earth

Why the headaches and nausea with a hurt knee? Or is that from something
else?

Tom Sherman
February 1st 05, 01:45 AM
Mark Leuck wrote:
> "Tom Sherman" > wrote in message
>
>>Mark Leuck wrote:

>>>If you don't mind me asking Tom when was the last time you rode?
>>
>>Last year. I hurt my knees a couple of times, and spent most of the
>>summer being gimpy. Most of the time I have headaches and/or nausea, so
>>riding is not enjoyable.
>>
>>I should have stayed in graduate school forever. At that time I was
>>doing four 40+ mile club rides a week, and an invitational ride most
>>weekends during the cycling season. :(
>>
>>--
>>Tom Sherman - Earth
>

> Why the headaches and nausea with a hurt knee? Or is that from something
> else?

The two are not related.

Knees are easy to hurt when one only rides significant distances on
weekends.

--
Tom Sherman - Earth

Edward Dolan
February 1st 05, 03:08 AM
"Roger Nolan" > wrote in message
> Kurt,
> The NoCom is a racing bike. Some of the A.R.B,R. regulars do not like to
> talk about cycling and are threatened by bike talk and active lifestyle. I
> say buy a NoCom and you can not go wrong. Do not pay attention to some of
> the people at A.R.B.R. that do not like the NoCom.
>
> Roger Nolan
>

> Kurt Richter
> Guest
>
> What is this Velokraft NoCom? I was going to buy a trike but after reading
> this post I decided to hold off and buy a fast machine. Does anyone have
> any photos or links?
>
> Kurt Richter

****ing Ed Gin! What a Dip****! Hey Ed Gin - why don't you go **** yourself
instead of posting your God Damn nonsense, you stupid son of a bitch. No one
on ARBR is ever going to buy your ****ing God Damn NoCom bike. I will see to
that, you fat Chinese son of bitch.

Get your own web site, you God Damn moron! If you don't I am going to start
posting original threads about you, you imbecilic asshole. Why don't you
take your ****ing NoCom bike and ram it up your ass, you slant-eyed *******.
God, I know what you look like and you are disgusting and revolting. You
need to kill yourself and thereby purify the earth of your loathsome
presence. You are nothing but an ugly beast. No one here on ARBR gives a
**** about your ****ing NoCom bike. Why don't you take your bike and ram it
up your ass, you supreme dork and jerk.

--
****ing Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

Chester Williams
February 1st 05, 07:35 AM
Hayes El Camino Disc Brakes Fastest disc brakes in the Universe

The El Camino features Power Adjust Dial, which modulates braking power by +/-10%. The Mono-Block caliper is forged using 6061-T6 aluminum while the open back design allows improved airflow across the pads. If you are a fat old ignorant white man from Minn do not buy these brakes. Nothing will stop your sorry ass when you need to stop.

The rotating banjo hose attachment offers optimal hose placement. Perfect for all the hose heads on A.R.B.R.

Chester

Chester Williams
February 1st 05, 07:36 AM
Hayes El Camino Disc Brakes Fastest disc brakes in the Universe

The El Camino features Power Adjust Dial, which modulates braking power by +/-10%. The Mono-Block caliper is forged using 6061-T6 aluminum while the open back design allows improved airflow across the pads. If you are a fat old ignorant white man from Minn do not buy these brakes. Nothing will stop your sorry ass when you need to stop.

The rotating banjo hose attachment offers optimal hose placement. Perfect for all the hose heads on A.R.B.R.

Chester

Chester Williams
February 1st 05, 07:40 AM
Hayes El Camino Disc Brakes Fastest disc brakes in the Universe

The El Camino features Power Adjust Dial, which modulates braking power by +/-10%. The Mono-Block caliper is forged using 6061-T6 aluminum while the open back design allows improved airflow across the pads. If you are a fat old ignorant white man from Minn do not buy these brakes. Nothing will stop your sorry ass when you need to stop.

The rotating banjo hose attachment offers optimal hose placement. Perfect for all the hose heads on A.R.B.R.

Chester

Edward Dolan
February 1st 05, 01:26 PM
"Chester Williams" > wrote in message
> Hayes El Camino Disc Brakes Fastest disc brakes in the Universe
>
> The El Camino features Power Adjust Dial, which modulates braking power by
> +/-10%. The Mono-Block caliper is forged using 6061-T6 aluminum while the
> open back design allows improved airflow across the pads. If you are a fat
> old ignorant white man from Minn do not buy these brakes. Nothing will
> stop your sorry ass when you need to stop.
>
> The rotating banjo hose attachment offers optimal hose placement. Perfect
> for all the hose heads on A.R.B.R.
>
> Chester

>****ing Ed Gin! Why don't you get a life you miserable Mongoloid *******.

> You are a self-centered, self-serving, self-indulgent egomaniac ... a
> disingenuous, nefarious, cretinous scumbag ... an amoral, vile, vulgar
> deviate, a contemptible, seething, puerile twerp ... a moronic,
> infantile, foolish twit ... a worthless, obnoxious, parasitic
> pantywaist ... an incoherent, babbling, imbecilic half-wit ... a gray,
> insignificant, low-life dolt ... a tiresome, brain-dead, boring dullard
> ... a pathetic, pitiful, pretentious pansy ... a slimy, gutless, feeble
> coward. Cloaked in a cyber-space pseudonym, you are an opportunistic,
> infectious, bottom feeding troll ... an oozing festering, canker on the
> hide of Internet newsgroups. I guess that just about sums it up.

Edward Dolan
February 1st 05, 01:26 PM
"Chester Williams" > wrote in message
> Hayes El Camino Disc Brakes Fastest disc brakes in the Universe
>
> The El Camino features Power Adjust Dial, which modulates braking power by
> +/-10%. The Mono-Block caliper is forged using 6061-T6 aluminum while the
> open back design allows improved airflow across the pads. If you are a fat
> old ignorant white man from Minn do not buy these brakes. Nothing will
> stop your sorry ass when you need to stop.
>
> The rotating banjo hose attachment offers optimal hose placement. Perfect
> for all the hose heads on A.R.B.R.
>
> Chester

>****ing Ed Gin! Why don't you get a life you miserable Mongoloid *******.

> You are a self-centered, self-serving, self-indulgent egomaniac ... a
> disingenuous, nefarious, cretinous scumbag ... an amoral, vile, vulgar
> deviate, a contemptible, seething, puerile twerp ... a moronic,
> infantile, foolish twit ... a worthless, obnoxious, parasitic
> pantywaist ... an incoherent, babbling, imbecilic half-wit ... a gray,
> insignificant, low-life dolt ... a tiresome, brain-dead, boring dullard
> ... a pathetic, pitiful, pretentious pansy ... a slimy, gutless, feeble
> coward. Cloaked in a cyber-space pseudonym, you are an opportunistic,
> infectious, bottom feeding troll ... an oozing festering, canker on the
> hide of Internet newsgroups. I guess that just about sums it up.

Johnny Giro
February 1st 05, 05:11 PM
New item at the Johnny Giro web superstore.

Campy X-Static natural silver-based antimicrobial fiber eliminates bacteria and foot odor. Wear these if you want the fastest feet on a recumbent.

WARNING these socks will not fit obese, old, fat ignorant pekerwoods from Minn. These socks are made for racers who live to go fast.

Johnny Giro
Fastest Cycling Advice in the Known Universe.com

Freewheeling
February 1st 05, 05:53 PM
"Tom Sherman" > wrote in message
> Freewheeling wrote:

>>>This reminds me of the way children attempt to bait other children into
>>>doing something stupid or wrong by saying they are a coward for not doing
>>>so.
>>>
>>>Nice troll, but I am not biting.
>>

>> Like, you didn't raise the subject, huh?
>>
>> So, when are you gonna own up to your brag about the Mountains of Misery?
>
> More revisionist history - typical right-wing tactic.
>
> I merely said that with low enough gearing on a trike and enough time, any
> of the roads on the Mountains of Misery could be climbed by someone in
> normal club rider shape. For some reason this put Cletus Lee in a hissy
> fit.

Typical liberal obfuscation. With low enough gears any of the hills on the
Mountains of Misery could be climbed by an absent-minded infant or a
diapered (or undiapered) centenarian, while reading a copy of the Annual
Federal Budget report.

> If you really want to know, I have not kept in good riding shape due to
> medical problems. Now you can feel all macho and happy.

Me neither. Not so much from health problems as inconsistent and often
intense workload. I watch the Caribbean Workout on FitTV though. And I
still row about 6 km per day. Not that this keeps me svelt or anything,
what with the Guiness and all.

> --
> Tom Sherman - Earth

Johnny NoCom
February 2nd 05, 05:38 PM
Johnny NoCom is Not Ed Gin.

If Ed Gin is Johnny NoCom then prove it you dumb assholes at AR.B.R., BROL or whatever dork bent club you come from. FACT is none of you know who the real Johnny NoCom is when he tells it like it is to Fat Old Slow Pukes on crap design recumbents.

BTW all F40 condom bikes suck dog****, trikes are for feeble old *******s that have no leg muscles and High SlowGoWalker SUCK and always will.

The Real Johnny NoCom

BusterBaron
July 23rd 06, 03:35 AM
Ken Bradley wrote:

> "Chester Williams" > wrote in message
>
>>Hayes El Camino Disc Brakes Fastest disc brakes in the Universe
>>
>>The El Camino features Power Adjust Dial, which modulates braking power by
>>+/-10%. The Mono-Block caliper is forged using 6061-T6 aluminum while the
>>open back design allows improved airflow across the pads. If you are a fat
>>old ignorant white man from Minn do not buy these brakes. Nothing will
>>stop your sorry ass when you need to stop.
>>
>>The rotating banjo hose attachment offers optimal hose placement. Perfect
>>for all the hose heads on A.R.B.R.
>>
>>Chester
>

>>****ing Ed Gin! Why don't you get a life you miserable Mongoloid *******.
>

>>You are a self-centered, self-serving, self-indulgent egomaniac ... a
>>disingenuous, nefarious, cretinous scumbag ... an amoral, vile, vulgar
>>deviate, a contemptible, seething, puerile twerp ... a moronic,
>>infantile, foolish twit ... a worthless, obnoxious, parasitic
>>pantywaist ... an incoherent, babbling, imbecilic half-wit ... a gray,
>>insignificant, low-life dolt ... a tiresome, brain-dead, boring dullard
>>... a pathetic, pitiful, pretentious pansy ... a slimy, gutless, feeble
>>coward. Cloaked in a cyber-space pseudonym, you are an opportunistic,
>>infectious, bottom feeding troll ... an oozing festering, canker on the
>>hide of Internet newsgroups. I guess that just about sums it up.

Edward Dolan
July 23rd 06, 04:39 PM
"BusterBaron" > wrote in message
> Ken Bradley wrote:
>
>> "Chester Williams" > wrote in message
>>
>>>Hayes El Camino Disc Brakes Fastest disc brakes in the Universe
>>>
>>>The El Camino features Power Adjust Dial, which modulates braking power
>>>by +/-10%. The Mono-Block caliper is forged using 6061-T6 aluminum while
>>>the open back design allows improved airflow across the pads. If you are
>>>a fat old ignorant white man from Minn do not buy these brakes. Nothing
>>>will stop your sorry ass when you need to stop.
>>>
>>>The rotating banjo hose attachment offers optimal hose placement. Perfect
>>>for all the hose heads on A.R.B.R.
>>>
>>>Chester
>>

>>>****ing Ed Gin! Why don't you get a life you miserable Mongoloid *******.
>>

>>>You are a self-centered, self-serving, self-indulgent egomaniac ... a
>>>disingenuous, nefarious, cretinous scumbag ... an amoral, vile, vulgar
>>>deviate, a contemptible, seething, puerile twerp ... a moronic,
>>>infantile, foolish twit ... a worthless, obnoxious, parasitic
>>>pantywaist ... an incoherent, babbling, imbecilic half-wit ... a gray,
>>>insignificant, low-life dolt ... a tiresome, brain-dead, boring dullard
>>>... a pathetic, pitiful, pretentious pansy ... a slimy, gutless, feeble
>>>coward. Cloaked in a cyber-space pseudonym, you are an opportunistic,
>>>infectious, bottom feeding troll ... an oozing festering, canker on the
>>>hide of Internet newsgroups. I guess that just about sums it up.

As much as I despise Ed Gin for the criminal vandal troll that he is, I
believe you should not be describing him like you do above. After all, even
though he is a miserable Mongoloid *******, he is still a human being.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka