PDA

View Full Version : Re: rock the baby

SM
July 15th 03, 03:37 PM
I think it is usually a gesture to a new born baby or child of the rider...
I first saw it when Neil Stephens won a stage and did it in honour of his
new bub.

"Fbicker" > wrote in message
> Ihave never heard the phase ' rock the baby' nor have I ever seen a biker
> 'rock the baby'. Can you help me with the origins of this action as seen
> being acted out by the rider coming in first in a stage of the tour

Steve McGinty
July 15th 03, 03:51 PM
On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 14:37:51 GMT, "SM" > wrote:

>"Fbicker" > wrote in message
>> Ihave never heard the phase ' rock the baby' nor have I ever seen a biker
>> 'rock the baby'. Can you help me with the origins of this action as seen
>> being acted out by the rider coming in first in a stage of the tour
>
>I think it is usually a gesture to a new born baby or child of the rider...
>I first saw it when Neil Stephens won a stage and did it in honour of his
>new bub.

He took it from Brazilian footballer, Bebeto, during the 1994 World
Cup in the US.

http://www.geocities.com/ashamir2/bebeto.htm

Regards!
Stephen

Alexander Lackner
July 15th 03, 07:17 PM
also, Roberto Conti winning Alpe d'Huez (for Lampre I believe)
"Steve McGinty" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 14:37:51 GMT, "SM" > wrote:
>

> >"Fbicker" > wrote in message
> >> Ihave never heard the phase ' rock the baby' nor have I ever seen a
biker
> >> 'rock the baby'. Can you help me with the origins of this action as
seen
> >> being acted out by the rider coming in first in a stage of the tour
> >
> >I think it is usually a gesture to a new born baby or child of the
rider...
> >I first saw it when Neil Stephens won a stage and did it in honour of his
> >new bub.
> >
> He took it from Brazilian footballer, Bebeto, during the 1994 World
> Cup in the US.
>
> http://www.geocities.com/ashamir2/bebeto.htm
>
> Regards!
> Stephen