PDA

View Full Version : Re: Ullrich breathing down LANCE's neck

Bruce Johnston
July 18th 03, 05:04 PM
"K. J. Papai" > wrote in message
om...
> The ITT just ended, and the World's absolute two best
> in the TT discipline came in 1st and 2nd.
>
> Ullrich is the only one to crack an hour for 47K today;
> LANCE missed the hour mark by 8 seconds.
>
> Tune in tomorrow for some Pyrenees and then especially Sunday
> where we will know for sure who wins this Tour (unless it comes down
> to an ITT rematch next Saturday).
>
> (I listened in LIVE via OLN Phil & Paul link from www.letour.fr)
>
> -Ken

Lance will destroy the german in the mountains. I'll be shocked if he
doesn't! Ullrich getting better as the Tour moves on but so is Lance. I
expect Lance to beat Ullrich by several minutes by Tours end.

B-

Robert Oliver
July 18th 03, 05:06 PM
> Lance will destroy the german in the mountains. I'll be shocked if he
> doesn't! Ullrich getting better as the Tour moves on but so is Lance.

Losing over a minute to Ullrich is not exactly getting "better." Ullrich was
dropped on the first big climb of the mountains, so perhaps he will lose
more time...but perhaps he can make some of that up on the final time trial.

At the very least, it's certainly not clear who will win.

Harris
July 18th 03, 06:31 PM
"Bruce Johnston" wrote:

> Lance will destroy the german in the mountains. I'll be shocked if he
> doesn't! Ullrich getting better as the Tour moves on but so is Lance. I
> expect Lance to beat Ullrich by several minutes by Tours end.

I expect Lance to be attacked mercilessly in the remaining mountain stages
as the others smell blood. His best hope is to break away with Herras and
gain a couple of minutes on the field. But I'm not sure he still has it in
him.

Art Harris

Ron D.
July 18th 03, 10:15 PM
"Robert Oliver" > a écrit dans le message de
news: ...

> Losing over a minute to Ullrich is not exactly getting "better."
Ullrich was
> dropped on the first big climb of the mountains, so perhaps he will
lose
> more time...but perhaps he can make some of that up on the final time
trial.

> At the very least, it's certainly not clear who will win.

Jan suffured gastric problems in the Alps.
Hope he will show his true level in the Pyrénées

--
Ron

TritonRider
July 18th 03, 10:40 PM
>From: "Bruce Johnston"

>Lance will destroy the german in the mountains. I'll be shocked if he
>doesn't! Ullrich getting better as the Tour moves on but so is Lance. I
>expect Lance to beat Ullrich by several minutes by Tours end.
>
>B-

I wouldn't bet on that. Jan has really seemed to have his **** together, both
in preparing for the Tour, and in losing minimal time while he was sick. Sure
looks like he's healthy and his head in the game now. Today had to be huge for
his confidence.
As someone else said:
Go Jan Go!!
Bill C

Heinz Getzler
July 19th 03, 12:11 AM
Ullrich will probably go down as one of the biggest comebacks of the
year. Armstrong will probably still win this years tdf. But on the
otherhand Armstrong has shown some weakness in years tdf. So one
cannot discount the possibility that Ullrich could take the yellow
jersey in the Pyrenees. Since this was at mountain TT this could be
further indication that Ullrich could drop Lance tomorrow.

(K. J. Papai) wrote in message >...
> The ITT just ended, and the World's absolute two best
> in the TT discipline came in 1st and 2nd.
>
> Ullrich is the only one to crack an hour for 47K today;
> LANCE missed the hour mark by 8 seconds.
>
> Tune in tomorrow for some Pyrenees and then especially Sunday
> where we will know for sure who wins this Tour (unless it comes down
> to an ITT rematch next Saturday).
>
> (I listened in LIVE via OLN Phil & Paul link from www.letour.fr)
>
> -Ken

Google