PDA

View Full Version : Amazing!

February 5th 05, 11:55 PM
Recumbents are still on the road! Awesome and very inspiring! I would
see 1000+ DF bikes a day in this college town, but maybe a rebirth of
getting around may be going on. Now if only someone would invent a 6
person RV for the gypsies- err, tourists. Good show!!

Bike shop owners pretty much stopped selling 'bents; unless by special
order. Nice to see a Bike E or two. Great to see this!

nget
February 6th 05, 06:27 AM
Wrote:
> Recumbents are still on the road! Awesome and very inspiring! I would
> see 1000+ DF bikes a day in this college town, but maybe a rebirth of
> getting around may be going on. Now if only someone would invent a 6
> person RV for the gypsies- err, tourists. Good show!!
>
> Bike shop owners pretty much stopped selling 'bents; unless by special
> order. Nice to see a Bike E or two. Great to see this!
I am the only one on a recumbent in my area.If I see someone else
going through I try to stop and talk to them.Two years ago I met Pierre
Dore.He is a guinness world record holder from 1998 He rode his homemade
recumbent on the trans Canada trail.He rode 8000 km in 65 days.I was
really impressed with his homemade trailer with wooden spoke wheels.

--
nget

Mark Leuck
February 6th 05, 06:45 AM
"nget" > wrote in message

> Wrote:
> > Recumbents are still on the road! Awesome and very inspiring! I would
> > see 1000+ DF bikes a day in this college town, but maybe a rebirth of
> > getting around may be going on. Now if only someone would invent a 6
> > person RV for the gypsies- err, tourists. Good show!!
> >
> > Bike shop owners pretty much stopped selling 'bents; unless by special
> > order. Nice to see a Bike E or two. Great to see this!
> I am the only one on a recumbent in my area.If I see someone else
> going through I try to stop and talk to them.Two years ago I met Pierre
> Dore.He is a guinness world record holder from 1998 He rode his homemade
> recumbent on the trans Canada trail.He rode 8000 km in 65 days.I was
> really impressed with his homemade trailer with wooden spoke wheels.
>

> --
> nget

Just curious but is the 8000km in 65 days the world record or was it
something else?

nget
February 6th 05, 07:35 AM
Mark Leuck Wrote:
> "nget" > wrote in message
> >
> > Wrote:
> > > Recumbents are still on the road! Awesome and very inspiring! I
> would
> > > see 1000+ DF bikes a day in this college town, but maybe a rebirth
> of
> > > getting around may be going on. Now if only someone would invent a
> 6
> > > person RV for the gypsies- err, tourists. Good show!!
> > >
> > > Bike shop owners pretty much stopped selling 'bents; unless by
> special
> > > order. Nice to see a Bike E or two. Great to see this!
> > I am the only one on a recumbent in my area.If I see someone else
> > going through I try to stop and talk to them.Two years ago I met
> Pierre
> > Dore.He is a guinness world record holder from 1998 He rode his
> homemade
> > recumbent on the trans Canada trail.He rode 8000 km in 65 days.I was
> > really impressed with his homemade trailer with wooden spoke wheels.
> >

> > --
> > nget
>
> Just curious but is the 8000km in 65 days the world record or was it
> something else?
In 1998 he rode 8000 km in 65 days to set the guinness world record.He
supports a fairly large areo belly.His bike is wooden too and is named
the green machine.The trailer was fashioned to look like a covered
wagon.

--
nget

February 6th 05, 02:29 PM
On 6-Feb-2005, nget > wrote:

> In 1998 he rode 8000 km in 65 days to set the guinness world record.He
> supports a fairly large areo belly.His bike is wooden too and is named
> the green machine.The trailer was fashioned to look like a covered
> wagon.

This is why you should carry a small camera with you. I really would like
to see guy and his this set up. Any photos you know of on the net?

skip

nget
February 6th 05, 04:08 PM
Wrote:
> On 6-Feb-2005, nget >
> wrote:
>
> > In 1998 he rode 8000 km in 65 days to set the guinness world
> record.He
> > supports a fairly large areo belly.His bike is wooden too and is
> named
> > the green machine.The trailer was fashioned to look like a covered
> > wagon.
>

> This is why you should carry a small camera with you. I really would
> like
> to see guy and his this set up. Any photos you know of on the net?
>
> skip
I can't find any pictures of him on the net but did find a few stories
about him.One story says he is an advocate for bike trails.I got one
postcard from him that shows his bike and wagon. He built the wagon on
top a burley trailer. The post card says<
www.greenerandcleaner.com/thegreenmachine>and search for "a dream come
true" Thats the best I can do Skip I'm not an "it"person. The link may
no longer exist. The card also has Cambie Cycles written on the back.

--
nget

February 6th 05, 05:48 PM
On 6-Feb-2005, nget > wrote:

> I can't find any pictures of him on the net but did find a few stories
> about him.One story says he is an advocate for bike trails.I got one
> postcard from him that shows his bike and wagon. He built the wagon on
> top a burley trailer. The post card says<
> www.greenerandcleaner.com/thegreenmachine>and search for "a dream come
> true" That's the best I can do Skip I'm not an "it"person. The link may
> no longer exist. The card also has Cambie Cycles written on the back.

Thanks for looking. I had googled his name and didn't get anything, but
when I googled his image I did get a tiny image of a guy with a "different"
looking SWB recumbent at a Santa Barbara bike coalition gathering.

skip

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home