PDA

View Full Version : The New ARBR

Edward Dolan
February 10th 05, 05:10 AM
Anyone but me notice the complete absence of any newbies to this group. That
is what Ed Gin has accomplished and the rest of you just sat by and let it
happen. Now you finally know what a troll is and how destructive they can be
to a newsgroup. Enjoy your new newsgroup, thanks to Ed Gin. Also, be sure to
thank Mr.Tom Sherman too who did nothing to defend the group. He says he was
here for 5 years and yet in the final anyalsis did not give a damn about the
group. Only Jim McNamara and I defended the group. You all deserve what you
get.

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

Leif
February 10th 05, 06:05 AM
Edward Dolan wrote:
> Anyone but me notice the complete absence of any newbies to this
group.

" I will keep it nasty and repetitive and stupid
which is all that matters to me. The main effect of it will be to keep
newbies away. It will kill ARBR, but who gives a damn"

> Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

Hmmmmm. I wonder why there are no newbies.

Thanks, Ed

-Leif

Edward Dolan
February 10th 05, 06:39 AM
"Leif" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> Edward Dolan wrote:
>> Anyone but me notice the complete absence of any newbies to this
> group.
>
> " I will keep it nasty and repetitive and stupid
> which is all that matters to me. The main effect of it will be to keep
> newbies away. It will kill ARBR, but who gives a damn"
>

>> Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
>

> Hmmmmm. I wonder why there are no newbies.
>
> Thanks, Ed
>
> -Leif

Leif, the absence of newbies to ARBR is all due to Ed Gin. I never
interfered with 95% of the threads here on ARBR. Normally the only way you
could access my messages was by going deep into an obscure thread. Ed Gin
has changed everything here on ARBR.

Newbies are the life blood of any newsgroup, Can you imagine the same old
guys talking to one another for all eternity. We constantly need newbies to
keep us all fresh and vital.

Ed Gin is wholly responsible for the destruction of ARBR. The group would
not defend itself against his assaults. Where were you Leif? The idea that
you can simply ignore a troll and he will go away is insane. You should have
been cussing and swearing at him the same as Jim and I. Only Jim McNamara
and myself undertook to defend the group from this scoundrel Ed Gin who is
nothing short of a criminal.

No one cares what goes on here on ARBR, so why should I. Not even the
redoubtable Mr. Sherman gives a damn. His silence is deafening. Maybe you
would care to speak up about Ed Gin? I thought not!

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

Leif
February 10th 05, 07:34 AM
>Maybe you
would care to speak up about Ed Gin? I thought not!

Check the threads. I have responded to Gin's posts. Indeed, the
aforementioned quote from your post came from one of my responses to
Gin. I might add that I am still confused as to why you responded to
the post, "The Battle of the Eds" w/ such venome as there was nothing
there to insult you. I was merely pointing out how Gin's postings are,
as you put it ,"parroting".

......maybe you were just too ****ed off. Sit back, sip some vino, and
re-read some of your early responses to him. I think you'll find that
you squashed him a long time ago.

-Leif

Edward Dolan
February 10th 05, 08:11 AM
"Leif" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> >Maybe you
> would care to speak up about Ed Gin? I thought not!
>>

> Check the threads. I have responded to Gin's posts. Indeed, the
> aforementioned quote from your post came from one of my responses to
> Gin. I might add that I am still confused as to why you responded to
> the post, "The Battle of the Eds" w/ such venome as there was nothing
> there to insult you. I was merely pointing out how Gin's postings are,
> as you put it ,"parroting".
>
> .....maybe you were just too ****ed off. Sit back, sip some vino, and
> re-read some of your early responses to him. I think you'll find that
> you squashed him a long time ago.
>
> -Leif

Leif, I have never encountered such a scoundrel in my life as Ed Gin. He
steals your identity, your name. Words can never hurt me. I am a wordsmith
myself and I know how to deal with words. But to steal one's name?

Ed Gin belongs in prison as far as I am concerned. If you are aware of what
Ed Gin is doing, then I am satisfied. But I am dumbfounded by the silence of
this group overall. No one has ever done what Ed Gin is doing for all the
time I have been on this group. He is a criminal troll. Jim McNamara is 100%
right about him in every respect. You and I would never even think of doing
what Ed Gin does.

My biggest disappointment is that Mr. Sherman has not taken on this
scoundrel Ed Gin. I will forever be bitter about this treachery, not to me,
but to the group. Mr. Sherman has been posting to this group for 5 years and
was the heart and soul of ARBR, yet he remains silent in the face of this
assault on ARBR by Ed Gin. I have grown very bitter and sour about this
whole episode. I do not give a damn about this Ed Gin, but I expected more
of Mr. Sherman. But he is not alone. Others have been very slow to defend
the group. If you have spoken up then I stand corrected.

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

nget
February 10th 05, 07:08 PM
Edward Dolan Wrote:
> "Leif" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> > >Maybe you
> > would care to speak up about Ed Gin? I thought not!
> >>

> > Check the threads. I have responded to Gin's posts. Indeed, the
> > aforementioned quote from your post came from one of my responses to
> > Gin. I might add that I am still confused as to why you responded
> > the post, "The Battle of the Eds" w/ such venome as there was
> nothing
> > there to insult you. I was merely pointing out how Gin's postings
> are,
> > as you put it ,"parroting".
> >
> > .....maybe you were just too ****ed off. Sit back, sip some vino,
> and
> > re-read some of your early responses to him. I think you'll find
> that
> > you squashed him a long time ago.
> >
> > -Leif
>
> Leif, I have never encountered such a scoundrel in my life as Ed Gin.
> He
> steals your identity, your name. Words can never hurt me. I am a
> wordsmith
> myself and I know how to deal with words. But to steal one's name?
>
> Ed Gin belongs in prison as far as I am concerned. If you are aware of
> what
> Ed Gin is doing, then I am satisfied. But I am dumbfounded by the
> silence of
> this group overall. No one has ever done what Ed Gin is doing for all
> the
> time I have been on this group. He is a criminal troll. Jim McNamara is
> 100%
> right about him in every respect. You and I would never even think of
> doing
> what Ed Gin does.
>
> My biggest disappointment is that Mr. Sherman has not taken on this
> scoundrel Ed Gin. I will forever be bitter about this treachery, not to
> me,
> but to the group. Mr. Sherman has been posting to this group for 5
> years and
> was the heart and soul of ARBR, yet he remains silent in the face of
> this
> assault on ARBR by Ed Gin. I have grown very bitter and sour about
> this
> whole episode. I do not give a damn about this Ed Gin, but I expected
> more
> of Mr. Sherman. But he is not alone. Others have been very slow to
> defend
> the group. If you have spoken up then I stand corrected.
>
> Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
So why don't we all go over to Ed Gins house and place him under arrest
for his foul deeds? All he has to say is that his house was broken into
by a bunch of monkeys who tied him up and raped him in the worst way
for days.At the same time others jumped on his computer and wrote who
knows what all kinds of bad stuff.

--
nget

February 10th 05, 09:53 PM
nget,

I like it and your sense of humor.

Jim McNamara

Edward Dolan
February 10th 05, 10:04 PM
"nget" > wrote in message
[...]
> So why don't we all go over to Ed Gins house and place him under arrest
> for his foul deeds? All he has to say is that his house was broken into
> by a bunch of monkeys who tied him up and raped him in the worst way
> for days.At the same time others jumped on his computer and wrote who
> knows what all kinds of bad stuff.

We all of us know by now who is writing trash here on ARBR and it is none
other than Ed Gin. Any one who thinks otherwise is deaf, blind and dumb.

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

February 10th 05, 10:25 PM
Edward Dolan wrote:
> Anyone but me notice the complete absence of any newbies to this
group.

I noticed that has been going on starting when you decided to troll the
group with your non-recumbent troll posts! Do you mean this is the
first time you noticed there are not any newbies? Not very observant
are you!

That
> is what Ed Gin has accomplished and the rest of you just sat by and
let it
> happen. Now you finally know what a troll is and how destructive they
can be
> to a newsgroup.

Ed Gin just finished what you started a year and a half ago!

YOU and Ed Gin are trolls!

> Enjoy your new newsgroup, thanks to Ed Gin. Also, be sure to
> thank Mr.Tom Sherman too who did nothing to defend the group. He says
he was
> here for 5 years and yet in the final anyalsis did not give a damn
about the
> group.

He cares a little more about the group than you do!

> Only Jim McNamara and I defended the group. You all deserve what
> you get.

Yes, Ed, we got you! All you defended was your trolling!

Did you notice that Ed Gin was just trolling you, and you fell for it
hook, line and sinker?

Perry B

Dan B.
February 10th 05, 10:38 PM
wrote:
> Edward Dolan wrote:
> > Anyone but me notice the complete absence of any newbies to this
> group.
>
> I noticed that has been going on starting when you decided to troll
the
> group with your non-recumbent troll posts! Do you mean this is the
> first time you noticed there are not any newbies? Not very observant
> are you!
>

> That
> > is what Ed Gin has accomplished and the rest of you just sat by and
> let it
> > happen. Now you finally know what a troll is and how destructive
they
> can be
> > to a newsgroup.
>
> Ed Gin just finished what you started a year and a half ago!
>
> YOU and Ed Gin are trolls!
>

> > Enjoy your new newsgroup, thanks to Ed Gin. Also, be sure to
> > thank Mr.Tom Sherman too who did nothing to defend the group. He
says
> he was
> > here for 5 years and yet in the final anyalsis did not give a damn
> about the
> > group.
>
> He cares a little more about the group than you do!
>

> > Only Jim McNamara and I defended the group. You all deserve what
> > you get.
>
> Yes, Ed, we got you! All you defended was your trolling!
>
> Did you notice that Ed Gin was just trolling you, and you fell for it
> hook, line and sinker?
>

> Perry B

The amusing part is how successful Johnny NoComm's trolling efforts
actually were...it's been, what, three or four days(?) since his last
set of posts, and almost all new posts are STILL relating to this
silliness.

Now that's economy of effort on his part...he doesn't even need to keep
feeding the flame anymore, but the squabble rolls on under its own
weight.

Dan

Edward Dolan
February 10th 05, 10:52 PM
> wrote in message
oups.com...

> Edward Dolan wrote:
>> Anyone but me notice the complete absence of any newbies to this
> group.
>
> I noticed that has been going on starting when you decided to troll the
> group with your non-recumbent troll posts! Do you mean this is the
> first time you noticed there are not any newbies? Not very observant
> are you!

Poor Perry still does not know what troll is. Ed Gin is a troll. I am not a
troll. Ed Gin and I are at opposite extremes. Why don't you study our
respective posts and maybe learn how to distinguish a troll from someone who
is merely contentious and argumentative.

> That
>> is what Ed Gin has accomplished and the rest of you just sat by and
> let it
>> happen. Now you finally know what a troll is and how destructive they
> can be
>> to a newsgroup.
>
> Ed Gin just finished what you started a year and a half ago!
>
> YOU and Ed Gin are trolls!

See my above statement.

>> Enjoy your new newsgroup, thanks to Ed Gin. Also, be sure to
>> thank Mr.Tom Sherman too who did nothing to defend the group. He says
> he was
>> here for 5 years and yet in the final anyalsis did not give a damn
> about the
>> group.
>
> He cares a little more about the group than you do!

Nonsense, he would not defend the group against a criminal type like Ed Gin.
I have also noted your absence in all of this too. So far you have called Ed
Gin a troll. Is that it?

>> Only Jim McNamara and I defended the group. You all deserve what
>> you get.
>
> Yes, Ed, we got you! All you defended was your trolling!
>
> Did you notice that Ed Gin was just trolling you, and you fell for it
> hook, line and sinker?

Ed Gin acted like a criminal on this group from day one. You are an
incredibly stupid person not to see the difference between Ed Gin and Ed
Dolan. Ed Gin is a parrot; Ed Dolan is ... Great!

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

February 10th 05, 11:33 PM
Dan B.

An interesting observation and more likely than not a valid one too,
but the analysis of forged email header information and the violation
of acceptable use poilicy likely had much to do with cessation of
posts. The timing of the two is more than coincidental. You're right
though about this silliness taking on a life of its own sort of like a
snowball rolling down hill taking on both mass and momentum as it rolls
on down. Don't worry though ... it'll all be over soon. These things
don't last forever.

Jim McNamara

Edward Dolan
February 10th 05, 11:42 PM
"Dan B." > wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]
> The amusing part is how successful Johnny NoComm's trolling efforts
> actually were...it's been, what, three or four days(?) since his last
> set of posts, and almost all new posts are STILL relating to this
> silliness.
>
> Now that's economy of effort on his part...he doesn't even need to keep
> feeding the flame anymore, but the squabble rolls on under its own
> weight.
>
> Dan

Dan, if Ed Gin stole your identity and then posted scurrilous **** under
your name, I believe you would not be so removed from it all. Anyone could
easily do to you what Ed Gin does to others. Ed Gin is a criminal type of
troll. What passes for innocent trolling like Fabrizzio is not in the same
category as what Ed Gin does. You have to be a dunderhead like Tom Sherman
to equate the two. It is really strange that you cannot make these
elementary distinctions.

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

Dan B.
February 11th 05, 12:04 AM
Edward Dolan wrote:
> "Dan B." > wrote in message
> ups.com...
> [...]
> > The amusing part is how successful Johnny NoComm's trolling efforts
> > actually were...it's been, what, three or four days(?) since his
last
> > set of posts, and almost all new posts are STILL relating to this
> > silliness.
> >
> > Now that's economy of effort on his part...he doesn't even need to
keep
> > feeding the flame anymore, but the squabble rolls on under its own
> > weight.
> >
> > Dan
>
> Dan, if Ed Gin stole your identity and then posted scurrilous ****
under
> your name, I believe you would not be so removed from it all. Anyone
could
> easily do to you what Ed Gin does to others. Ed Gin is a criminal
type of
> troll. What passes for innocent trolling like Fabrizzio is not in the
same
> category as what Ed Gin does. You have to be a dunderhead like Tom
Sherman
> to equate the two. It is really strange that you cannot make these
> elementary distinctions.
>
> Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

Mr. Dolan,

While I certainly understand your outrage, my contention is that his
primary goal was not to fool others as to your words (the writing
styles are far too different for almost anyone to mistake his writing
for yours); instead, he simply wished to create as much sound and fury
as possible. In that respect, he has succeeded.

I do not believe the recent trollings were innocent; I merely disagree
with you on the best method with which to deal with them. Battles are
rarely won by giving the enemy what he wants. Monseigneur NoComm wants
attention and to provoke outrage...why give him what he craves?

Dan

Edward Dolan
February 11th 05, 12:22 AM
"Dan B." > wrote in message
ups.com...

> Edward Dolan wrote:
>> "Dan B." > wrote in message
>> ups.com...
>> [...]
>> > The amusing part is how successful Johnny NoComm's trolling efforts
>> > actually were...it's been, what, three or four days(?) since his
> last
>> > set of posts, and almost all new posts are STILL relating to this
>> > silliness.
>> >
>> > Now that's economy of effort on his part...he doesn't even need to
> keep
>> > feeding the flame anymore, but the squabble rolls on under its own
>> > weight.
>> >
>> > Dan
>>
>> Dan, if Ed Gin stole your identity and then posted scurrilous ****
> under
>> your name, I believe you would not be so removed from it all. Anyone
> could
>> easily do to you what Ed Gin does to others. Ed Gin is a criminal
> type of
>> troll. What passes for innocent trolling like Fabrizzio is not in the
> same
>> category as what Ed Gin does. You have to be a dunderhead like Tom
> Sherman
>> to equate the two. It is really strange that you cannot make these
>> elementary distinctions.
>>
>> Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
>

> Mr. Dolan,
>
> While I certainly understand your outrage, my contention is that his
> primary goal was not to fool others as to your words (the writing
> styles are far too different for almost anyone to mistake his writing
> for yours); instead, he simply wished to create as much sound and fury
> as possible. In that respect, he has succeeded.
>
> I do not believe the recent trollings were innocent; I merely disagree
> with you on the best method with which to deal with them. Battles are
> rarely won by giving the enemy what he wants. Monseigneur NoComm wants
> attention and to provoke outrage...why give him what he craves?
>
> Dan

I agree with you Dan. I am merely having a final flame-out here on ARBR
before I leave for good.

Let us at least agree to stop this NoCom business. We are dealing with a
character whose name is Ed Gin. Only a coward and a fool like Tom Sherman
believes otherwise. He is the strangest duck of all. Ed Gin is nothing short
of a criminal. Who cares about him. But I have never understood cowards.
Courage is the greatest of all the virtues because it makes possible all the
other virtues. Too bad Tom Sherman can't see this most elementary rule of
life.

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

Tim
February 11th 05, 03:17 PM
In article >, Edward Dolan wrote:
> Anyone but me notice the complete absence of any newbies to this group. That
> is what Ed Gin has accomplished and the rest of you just sat by and let it
> happen. Now you finally know what a troll is and how destructive they can be
> to a newsgroup. Enjoy your new newsgroup, thanks to Ed Gin. Also, be sure to
> thank Mr.Tom Sherman too who did nothing to defend the group. He says he was
> here for 5 years and yet in the final anyalsis did not give a damn about the
> group. Only Jim McNamara and I defended the group. You all deserve what you
> get.
>
> Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

*sigh* Yes there are newbies. I'm one, having been lurking for a
couple of weeks hoping to be able to listen and learn.

This is the first group I've visited in nine years where I've had
to killfile a number of people *within days* of subscribing to try to
bring the ratio of signal to noise within acceptible limits.

Google's archive suggests this group has been a great source for
information and informed discussion. It still seems to be with filters
in place.

Nasty repetitive posts do nothing for a group and if I'd not
seen "Leif"'s reply I'd have been happily unaware of your post. I think
I'm losing little of value by filtering your posts as well as those
posted by "Ed Gin".

Hey ho, back to lurking and hopefully in time learning more
about recumbents.
--
Tim.

Jon Meinecke
February 11th 05, 03:36 PM
"Tim" > wrote

Dinsdale? Dinsdale...

What sort of recumbent bikes do hedgehogs prefer? %^)
SWB USS?

> Hey ho, back to lurking and hopefully in time learning more
> about recumbents.

Welcome! Don't just lurk. Post questions, reply to others,
raise the signal to make the "New ARBR" more 'useful' and
'friendly' like the old...

Continue to ignore the newsgroup abusers and vandals.

Jon Meinecke
net.subtle-apteryx

Tim
February 11th 05, 04:51 PM
In article <1108135894.b87c7d386a838ef797351bd4c650247a@terane ws>, Jon Meinecke wrote:
> "Tim" > wrote
>
> Dinsdale? Dinsdale...

"Normally Spiny Norman was wont to be about twelve feet from
snout to tail, but when Dinsdale was depressed Norman could be anything
up to eight hundred yards long." No more Monty Python, I promise:)

> What sort of recumbent bikes do hedgehogs prefer? %^)
> SWB USS?

I'd love to build something fun (though not entirely practical)
like a Ground Hugger or other long wheelbase machine. Since this is a
toe in the water from the realm of mountain biking I'm hoping to learn
what other directions I should be looking in.

>> Hey ho, back to lurking and hopefully in time learning more
>> about recumbents.
>
> Welcome! Don't just lurk. Post questions, reply to others,
> raise the signal to make the "New ARBR" more 'useful' and
> 'friendly' like the old...
>
> Continue to ignore the newsgroup abusers and vandals.

Many thanks for the friendly welcomer. Once I have some sensible
question to ask I shall be sure to ask them here!

--
Tim.

Jon Meinecke
February 11th 05, 05:43 PM
"Tim" > wrote

> "Normally Spiny Norman was wont to be about twelve feet from
> snout to tail, but when Dinsdale was depressed Norman could be anything
> up to eight hundred yards long."

"Dinsdale was a looney, but he was a happy looney. Lucky bugger"

> No more Monty Python, I promise:)

Some of us have been "pining for the fjords..." ARBR is not
dead, it's resting!

> I'd love to build something fun (though not entirely practical)
> like a Ground Hugger or other long wheelbase machine.

As far as I know, no one's admitted building a GH II to
completion. I presume it and bikes like it are quite
road-oriented.

>Since this is a toe in the water from the realm of mountain
> biking I'm hoping to learn what other directions I should
> be looking in.

Ride as many different types as you can.

What sort of riding do you want to do recumbently? Trails?
Roads? Commuting? Recreation? Racing? What budget?

Jon Meinecke
net.subtle-apteryx

Tim
February 11th 05, 06:25 PM
In article <1108143569.2644488165cce09d385cc7ef7ae53cde@terane ws>, Jon Meinecke wrote:
> "Tim" > wrote
[Python snip. *must* *resist* *temptation*]
>> I'd love to build something fun (though not entirely practical)
>> like a Ground Hugger or other long wheelbase machine.
>
> As far as I know, no one's admitted building a GH II to
> completion. I presume it and bikes like it are quite
> road-oriented.

Yes, it does look quite road oriented though the rear suspension
on the II does seem quite a concession to comfort. The steering linkage
looks a little complicated too.

>>Since this is a toe in the water from the realm of mountain
>> biking I'm hoping to learn what other directions I should
>> be looking in.
>
> Ride as many different types as you can.
>
> What sort of riding do you want to do recumbently? Trails?
> Roads? Commuting? Recreation? Racing? What budget?

The anticipated use is on road for recreation and commuting
rather than racing or off road riding. The budgets available for buying
and building are different though my budget to build is roughly the
price of a second hand machine I'd like to ride here in the UK. Whether
I'd be able to find a machine that fitted and I found comfortable when
I tested is another question:)

--
Tim.

Tom Sherman
February 11th 05, 11:46 PM
Tim wrote:

> In article <1108135894.b87c7d386a838ef797351bd4c650247a@terane ws>, Jon Meinecke wrote:
>
>>"Tim" > wrote
>>
>>Dinsdale? Dinsdale...
>

> "Normally Spiny Norman was wont to be about twelve feet from
> snout to tail, but when Dinsdale was depressed Norman could be anything
> up to eight hundred yards long." No more Monty Python, I promise:)...

Greetings, Tim the Enchanter,

If Ed Dolan leaves, he will be missed as much as Brave Sir Robin's
Minstrels. ;)

--
Tom Sherman - Earth

Leif
February 12th 05, 03:30 AM

Jon Meinecke wrote:

> >>"Tim" > wrote
> >>
> >>Dinsdale? Dinsdale...
> >

> > "Normally Spiny Norman was wont to be about twelve feet from
> > snout to tail, but when Dinsdale was depressed Norman could be
anything
> > up to eight hundred yards long." No more Monty Python, I
promise:)...

> Greetings, Tim the Enchanter,
>
> If Ed Dolan leaves, he will be missed as much as Brave Sir Robin's
> Minstrels. ;)
>
> --
> Tom Sherman - Earth

And like Brave Sir Robin, he's bravely running away.

nget
February 12th 05, 04:18 AM
Leif Wrote:
> Tom Sherman wrote:
> > Tim wrote:

> > > "Normally Spiny Norman was wont to be about twelve feet from
> > > snout to tail, but when Dinsdale was depressed Norman could be
> anything
> > > up to eight hundred yards long." No more Monty Python, I
> promise:)...
> >
> > Greetings, Tim the Enchanter,
> >
> > If Ed Dolan leaves, he will be missed as much as Brave Sir Robin's
> > Minstrels. ;)
> >
> > --
> > Tom Sherman - Earth
>
> And like Brave Sir Robin, he's bravely running away.
Look to me like he was shot in the back.

--
nget

Edward Dolan
February 13th 05, 02:21 AM
"Tim" > wrote in message
> In article >, Edward Dolan wrote:
>> Anyone but me notice the complete absence of any newbies to this group.
>> That
>> is what Ed Gin has accomplished and the rest of you just sat by and let
>> it
>> happen. Now you finally know what a troll is and how destructive they can
>> be
>> to a newsgroup. Enjoy your new newsgroup, thanks to Ed Gin. Also, be sure
>> thank Mr.Tom Sherman too who did nothing to defend the group. He says he
>> was
>> here for 5 years and yet in the final anyalsis did not give a damn about
>> the
>> group. Only Jim McNamara and I defended the group. You all deserve what
>> you
>> get.
>>
>> Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
>>

> *sigh* Yes there are newbies. I'm one, having been lurking for a
> couple of weeks hoping to be able to listen and learn.
>
> This is the first group I've visited in nine years where I've had
> to killfile a number of people *within days* of subscribing to try to
> bring the ratio of signal to noise within acceptible limits.
>
> Google's archive suggests this group has been a great source for
> information and informed discussion. It still seems to be with filters
> in place.
>
> Nasty repetitive posts do nothing for a group and if I'd not
> seen "Leif"'s reply I'd have been happily unaware of your post. I think
> I'm losing little of value by filtering your posts as well as those
> posted by "Ed Gin".

Kill filing "Ed Gin" will do you no good whatsoever as he posts under forged
names and false names too numerous to keep track of. You will have to keep
adding new names everyday to your kill file once you recognizes his style
and substance, which is always nothing but slime and garbage. Good luck to
you in your kill filing!

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

Edward Dolan
February 13th 05, 02:25 AM
"Jon Meinecke" > wrote in message
news:1108135894.b87c7d386a838ef797351bd4c650247a@t eranews...
> "Tim" > wrote
>
> Dinsdale? Dinsdale...
>
> What sort of recumbent bikes do hedgehogs prefer? %^)
> SWB USS?
>
>> Hey ho, back to lurking and hopefully in time learning more
>> about recumbents.
>
> Welcome! Don't just lurk. Post questions, reply to others,
> raise the signal to make the "New ARBR" more 'useful' and
> 'friendly' like the old...
>
> Continue to ignore the newsgroup abusers and vandals.
>
> Jon Meinecke

Isn't this just too sweet for words - old hand Jon Meinecke taking a newbie
by the hand and leading him into the cesspool which ARBR has become thanks
to Ed Gin.

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

Edward Dolan
February 13th 05, 02:28 AM
"Leif" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Tom Sherman wrote:
>> Tim wrote:

>> > "Normally Spiny Norman was wont to be about twelve feet from
>> > snout to tail, but when Dinsdale was depressed Norman could be
> anything
>> > up to eight hundred yards long." No more Monty Python, I
> promise:)...
>>
>> Greetings, Tim the Enchanter,
>>
>> If Ed Dolan leaves, he will be missed as much as Brave Sir Robin's
>> Minstrels. ;)
>>
>> --
>> Tom Sherman - Earth
>
> And like Brave Sir Robin, he's bravely running away.

I am trying to get the hell of here but others keep talking about me. I
wonder why that is?

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

nget
February 13th 05, 04:05 AM
Edward Dolan Wrote:
> "Leif" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> >
> > Tom Sherman wrote:

> <1108135894.b87c7d386a838ef797351bd4c650247a@terane ws>,

> > anything
> > promise:)...
> >>
> >> Greetings, Tim the Enchanter,
> >>
> >> If Ed Dolan leaves, he will be missed as much as Brave Sir Robin's
> >> Minstrels. ;)
> >>
> >> --
> >> Tom Sherman - Earth
> >
> > And like Brave Sir Robin, he's bravely running away.
>
> I am trying to get the hell of here but others keep talking about me.
> wonder why that is?
>
> Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
Glad to see it was just a flesh wound you got there Edward.Count me
lucky stars, I'm here to tell you my own mother(God rest her soul) gave
me a proper Irish name to place on my family tree.I know this post is
not in its proper place but could ya overlook it just this time.

--
nget

Edward Dolan
February 13th 05, 04:47 AM
"nget" > wrote in message

> Edward Dolan Wrote:
[...]
>> I am trying to get the hell of here but others keep talking about me.
>> wonder why that is?
>>
>> Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
>
> Glad to see it was just a flesh wound you got there Edward.Count me
> lucky stars, I'm here to tell you my own mother(God rest her soul) gave
> me a proper Irish name to place on my family tree.I know this post is
> not in its proper place but could ya overlook it just this time.

Yes, we Irish have got to stick together. We all have the gift of gab, are
contentious and rebellious and light hearted, but these are all very
admirable qualities. Let us leave the elephantine virtues to the Germans,
ever ponderous, heavy and serious. Jon Meinecke epitomizes these less than
admirable qualities. Tom Sherman is of Danish origin, so he is not as bad as
Meinecke, but still a close second.

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

Edward Dolan
February 13th 05, 07:22 PM
I Ed Dolan of A.R.B.R. am full of Nonsense!
I Ed Dolan am an idiot who is never truthful or helpful.
I Ed Dolan of A.R.B.R. defame, harassed and threaten with every
newsgroup post I make. I also am very obscene, pig headed, ignorant,
stupid and unlawful in all my messages on USEnet.

But that is what comes of living when one becomes a old
puttz like me into his seventies who takes many meds daily.
I pray that I die soon so the world and A.R.B.R. will be a better place.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Biggest Waste of Mankind - Minnesota

Edward Dolan
February 14th 05, 02:39 AM
"Edward Dolan" > wrote in message
>I Ed Dolan of A.R.B.R. am full of Nonsense!
> I Ed Dolan am an idiot who is never truthful or helpful.
> I Ed Dolan of A.R.B.R. defame, harassed and threaten with every
> newsgroup post I make. I also am very obscene, pig headed, ignorant,
> stupid and unlawful in all my messages on USEnet.
>
> But that is what comes of living when one becomes a old
> puttz like me into his seventies who takes many meds daily.
> I pray that I die soon so the world and A.R.B.R. will be a better place.
>
> Regards,
>
> Ed Dolan the Biggest Waste of Mankind - Minnesota

More Ed Gin ****.

February 14th 05, 03:17 AM
I Jim McNamara do not get nearly enough attention. Look at me JimmyMac
acting like a total **** for brains moron ... aren't I a wonderful asshole
with a diversionary life. At least the pretentious Ed Dolan kisses my ass.

My advice to all USEnet readers is to killfile me JimmyMac.
The methodology to purge newsgroups of those nuisances
like me Jim McNamara and Ed "old puttz" Dolan will work.
I Jim McNamara will love for all you to do just that. No need
for a criminal like me Jim McNamara to continue to post my crap.
Hell I'm too much of a chicken **** to deal with people in lif
so I keep attacking like a pussy behind my keyboard.

I Jim McNamara will now refer to Ed Dolan and myself as big
nuisances. We are the consummate, quintessential nuisances. Like I
said in the past ... I Jim McNamara am a vandal, a late night
linseed oil criminal, unscrupulous, slimy and a bottom feeding
troll ... an oozing festering, canker of all Internet forums.

Jim McNamara

Edward Dolan
February 14th 05, 03:31 AM
I Ed Dolan of A.R.B.R. am not a very intelligent poster here.
I always come across as an idiot with my head up Jim McNamaras ass.
Mostly I Ed Dolan of A.R.B.R. never have much to good say about anything.
I wish I was not so medicated but I am old and my body and internal organs
will stop working soon. My mind is starting to go to hell.

When I Ed Dolan of A.R.B.R. croak I will go straight to hell so I can hang out
with Hitler. Maybe Hilter and Stalin will **** me Ed Dolan of A.R.B.R. the way
I Ed Dolan am ****ing everyone else here on ARBR.

Ed Dolan the Great Medicate Puttz - Minnesota

Edward Dolan
February 14th 05, 03:50 AM
> wrote in message ...
>
> I Jim McNamara do not get nearly enough attention. Look at me JimmyMac
> acting like a total **** for brains moron ... aren't I a wonderful asshole
> with a diversionary life. At least the pretentious Ed Dolan kisses my ass.
>
> My advice to all USEnet readers is to killfile me JimmyMac.
> The methodology to purge newsgroups of those nuisances
> like me Jim McNamara and Ed "old puttz" Dolan will work.
> I Jim McNamara will love for all you to do just that. No need
> for a criminal like me Jim McNamara to continue to post my crap.
> Hell I'm too much of a chicken **** to deal with people in lif
> so I keep attacking like a pussy behind my keyboard.
>
> I Jim McNamara will now refer to Ed Dolan and myself as big
> nuisances. We are the consummate, quintessential nuisances. Like I
> said in the past ... I Jim McNamara am a vandal, a late night
> linseed oil criminal, unscrupulous, slimy and a bottom feeding
> troll ... an oozing festering, canker of all Internet forums.

More Ed Gin ****.

Edward Dolan
February 14th 05, 03:55 AM
"Edward Dolan" > wrote in message

> "Edward Dolan" > wrote in message
>>I Ed Dolan of A.R.B.R. am full of Nonsense!
>> I Ed Dolan am an idiot who is never truthful or helpful.
>> I Ed Dolan of A.R.B.R. defame, harassed and threaten with every
>> newsgroup post I make. I also am very obscene, pig headed, ignorant,
>> stupid and unlawful in all my messages on USEnet.
>>
>> But that is what comes of living when one becomes a old
>> puttz like me into his seventies who takes many meds daily.
>> I pray that I die soon so the world and A.R.B.R. will be a better place.

More Ed Gin ****.

Edward Dolan
February 14th 05, 05:25 AM
"Edward Dolan" > wrote in message
>I Ed Dolan of A.R.B.R. am not a very intelligent poster here.
> I always come across as an idiot with my head up Jim McNamaras ass.
> Mostly I Ed Dolan of A.R.B.R. never have much to good say about anything.
> I wish I was not so medicated but I am old and my body and internal organs
> will stop working soon. My mind is starting to go to hell.
>
> When I Ed Dolan of A.R.B.R. croak I will go straight to hell so I can hang
> out
> with Hitler. Maybe Hilter and Stalin will **** me Ed Dolan of A.R.B.R. the
> way
> I Ed Dolan am ****ing everyone else here on ARBR.

More Ed Gin ****.

nget
February 14th 05, 05:57 AM
More Ed Dolan ****.

--
nget

Edward Dolan
February 14th 05, 05:58 AM
"nget" > wrote in message
> More Ed Dolan ****.

More Ed Gin ****.

February 16th 05, 04:17 PM
NO ... NO ... NO ... It aint me babe!!!

More monkey crap from the chump chimp and former Monkey Island resident
who has transfromed A.R.B.R. into a stagnant cesspool

Click "show options" and then "Show original" to view the entire header
with the proxy identification information for the troll ... Ed Gin

Telltale header of ED - The Impersonator & Sock Puppet - GIN

wrote:
> I Jim McNamara do not get nearly enough attention. Look at me
JimmyMac
> acting like a total **** for brains moron ... aren't I a wonderful
asshole
> with a diversionary life. At least the pretentious Ed Dolan kisses my
ass.

> My advice to all USEnet readers is to killfile me JimmyMac.
> The methodology to purge newsgroups of those nuisances
> like me Jim McNamara and Ed "old puttz" Dolan will work.
> I Jim McNamara will love for all you to do just that. No need
> for a criminal like me Jim McNamara to continue to post my crap.
> Hell I'm too much of a chicken **** to deal with people in lif
> so I keep attacking like a pussy behind my keyboard.
>
> I Jim McNamara will now refer to Ed Dolan and myself as big
> nuisances. We are the consummate, quintessential nuisances. Like I
> said in the past ... I Jim McNamara am a vandal, a late night
> linseed oil criminal, unscrupulous, slimy and a bottom feeding
> troll ... an oozing festering, canker of all Internet forums.
>
> Jim McNamara

Fred
February 17th 05, 12:52 AM
Yo Jimmy,
All you have to keep going in your life is your hatred of Ed Gin.
If thats what you need in life to keep living then go right
ahead post away. Be my guest Jimmy.
--
Fred

nget
February 17th 05, 06:12 AM
Fred Wrote:
> Yo Jimmy,
> All you have to keep going in your life is your hatred of Ed Gin.
> If thats what you need in life to keep living then go right
> ahead post away. Be my guest Jimmy.
> --
> Fred
Yeah Jimmy you go right ahead and hate Ed Gin,Carbon dude here will
take up the slack and hate the rest of those who ride a recumbent that
is different from his.

--
nget

Fred
February 18th 05, 01:28 AM
nget,
There will always be righteous benters around to take up the
slack for slow recumbent riders like you. Slow recumbent riders
give bents worldwide a bad rep.

Recumbents are not suppose to be slower than asshatchets.
You will never know cuz you need an electric motor to pedal
up a hill.

Sad thing is you are not disabled cuz you have two legs but you
need that wimp motor to ride. So sad.

From: nget >
Newsgroups: alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Subject: Re: The New ARBR

nget
February 18th 05, 01:45 AM

--
nget

Fred
February 18th 05, 02:03 AM
nget,
You are the one who looks like a clown with your
electric assist bicycle. You are not physically disabled
and you rely on an elctric motor to pedal. Very sad indeed.

Buy a bozo suit nget. You need one when you assist ride
With the clown suit you can pee in your pants and benters
who pass you will say "look at that funny slow clown riding
a scooter with pee pee pants".

--
Fred

From: nget >
Newsgroups: alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

nget
February 18th 05, 02:37 AM

Are you not embarrassed to be writting such dumb ****?No wonder Ed
Dolan left,this **** is beyond words.

--
nget

Fred
February 18th 05, 03:03 AM
You are a great embarrassment to all fast benters everywhere NGET.
Someone like you with two good legs who depends on electric
assist to ride a hill. Very dark and sad indeed. No ability what so ever
to pedal a bicycle with with two perfectly good legs. Very sad indeed.

Thank god for speedsters like JohnnyCom and Lance Armstrong.
--
Fred

>>Are you not embarrassed to be writting such dumb ****?No wonder Ed Dolan left,this **** is
>>beyond words.