PDA

View Full Version : Advice to nget

Fred
February 14th 05, 06:55 PM
Nget go pop some more illegal drugs and inhale some smokes.
Your brain is too wasted to from years of booze to know anything about
what is going on. Go play with your dork motor.

Fred

"nget" Message-ID:
-Originating-IP: 64.74.17.201> wrote

I would like to see this resolved.Does Ed gin have anything useful at this time to offer?

nget
February 14th 05, 07:04 PM
Fred Wrote:
> Nget go pop some more illegal drugs and inhale some smokes.
> Your brain is too wasted to from years of booze to know anything about
> what is going on. Go play with your dork motor.
>
> Fred
>
> "nget" Message-ID:
> -Originating-IP: 64.74.17.201> wrote
>
> I would like to see this resolved.Does Ed gin have anything useful at
> this time to offer?
I'm taking it then that the answer would be a no.

--
nget

February 14th 05, 07:44 PM
nget ... et. al.,

Fred and Ed have more in common than the fact that they rhyme:

Click "show options" and then "Show original" to vew the entire header

Telltale header of ED - The Impersonator & Sock Puppet - GIN

February 14th 05, 09:48 PM
nget,

Since you have not "shown me the door" and requested that I exit
recently, and you too have also recently become a victim of header
forgery and impersonation, I presume that you have now come to the
realization who the real source of dissension is hear at A.R.B.R., the
TROLL who knows no peers ... Ed Gin.

Jim McNamara

Edward Dolan
February 14th 05, 11:40 PM
"Fred" > wrote in message ...
> Nget go pop some more illegal drugs and inhale some smokes.
> Your brain is too wasted to from years of booze to know anything about
> what is going on. Go play with your dork motor.
>
> Fred
>
> "nget" Message-ID:
> -Originating-IP: 64.74.17.201> wrote
>
> I would like to see this resolved.Does Ed gin have anything useful at this
> time to offer?

Ed Gin is a ******* criminal troll. Just tell him what he is an forget
everything else.

nget
February 15th 05, 12:22 AM
Edward Dolan Wrote:
> "Fred" > wrote in message
> > Nget go pop some more illegal drugs and inhale some smokes.
> > Your brain is too wasted to from years of booze to know anything
> about
> > what is going on. Go play with your dork motor.
> >
> > Fred
> >
> > "nget" Message-ID:
> > -Originating-IP: 64.74.17.201> wrote
> >
> > I would like to see this resolved.Does Ed gin have anything useful at
> this
> > time to offer?
>
> Ed Gin is a ******* criminal troll. Just tell him what he is an forget
> everything else.
The hub motor I put on the v-rex is far out.Having the motor only
option or going on my own power or using a combination of both is quite
awesome.If you don't believe me you should ask Joshua.I know it does not
fit in the purist point of view or the circus crowd but I'm really not
going to waste my time trying to please the monkey jerks.

--
nget

Fred
February 15th 05, 03:19 AM
nget,
If you had not smoked all that pot, cigs and boozed it up
just maybe your lungs, liver and joints would not be ruined.
But instead you choose todestroy your body with illegal substances
and booze. Now you rely on a motor assit to pedal a bicycle.

Very sad indeed.
--
Fred

I know it my hub motor does not fit in the purist point of view......
--
nget

From: nget >
Newsgroups: alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Subject: Re: Advice to nget

nget
February 15th 05, 03:24 AM

--
nget

Tom Sherman
February 15th 05, 03:53 AM
nget who? wrote:

> Fred Wrote:
>
>>nget,
>>If you had not smoked all that pot, cigs and boozed it up
>>just maybe your lungs, liver and joints would not be ruined.
>>But instead you choose todestroy your body with illegal substances
>>and booze. Now you rely on a motor assit to pedal a bicycle.
>>
>>Very sad indeed.
>>--
>>Fred
>>
>>I think Tom Sherman is looking for you?He would like to catch a ride
>>with you into Chicago in your VW van,the van with all the flowers and
>>peace sign on it.

Why is your new text appearing as quoted text?

--
Tom Sherman - Earth

nget
February 15th 05, 04:02 AM
Tom Sherman Wrote:
> nget who? wrote:
>
> > Fred Wrote:
> >
> >>nget,
> >>If you had not smoked all that pot, cigs and boozed it up
> >>just maybe your lungs, liver and joints would not be ruined.
> >>But instead you choose todestroy your body with illegal substances
> >>and booze. Now you rely on a motor assit to pedal a bicycle.
> >>
> >>Very sad indeed.
> >>--
> >>Fred
> >>
> >>I think Tom Sherman is looking for you?He would like to catch a ride
> >>with you into Chicago in your VW van,the van with all the flowers
> and
> >>peace sign on it.
>
> Why is your new text appearing as quoted text?
>
> --
> Tom Sherman - Earth
I deleted the text you have above your question,and added what you are
now calling new text.You must have grabbed it near the time I hit the
delete.

--
nget

skip
February 15th 05, 04:13 AM
"Tom Sherman" > wrote in message
> nget who? wrote:
>
>> Fred Wrote:
>>>nget,
>>>If you had not smoked all that pot, cigs and boozed it up
>>>just maybe your lungs, liver and joints would not be ruined.
>>>But instead you choose todestroy your body with illegal substances
>>>and booze. Now you rely on a motor assit to pedal a bicycle.
>>>
>>>Very sad indeed.
>>>--
>>>Fred
>>>
>>>I think Tom Sherman is looking for you?He would like to catch a ride
>>>with you into Chicago in your VW van,the van with all the flowers and
>>>peace sign on it.
>
> Why is your new text appearing as quoted text?
>
> --
> Tom Sherman - Earth

Nobody knows why. It's just a part of the current situation. I'm not one
to complain, but....I'll be glad when I go on vacation and take a break from
arbr. Now I just quick scan the threads looking for a familiar name that
might write something that makes sense, be interesting, or have a bit of
humor to it and I don't come up with much of anything. For the first time
ever I may have to use a kill file to make the scanning managable. I never
thought it would come to that. I won't kill file you though, so feel free
to continue to make snide remarks about something I wrote 4 1/2 years ago
that I can't possibly remember or care about.

skip

Fred
February 15th 05, 04:17 AM
Mark,
You are the one who lives the hippy lifestyle with
all those drugs. You can take those flowers and stick them up
JimmyMacs linseed oil piehole.
--

--
nget

From: nget >
Newsgroups: alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

nget
February 15th 05, 04:29 AM
Fred Wrote:
> Mark,
> You are the one who lives the hippy lifestyle with
> all those drugs. You can take those flowers and stick them up
> JimmyMacs linseed oil piehole.
> --
> Fred
>
> > I think Tom Sherman is looking for you?He would like to catch a ride
> > with you into Chicago in your VW van,the van with all the flowers
> and
> > peace sign on it.
>
> --
> nget
>
> From: nget >
> Newsgroups: alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
> Subject: Re: Advice to nget
Now you're just getting nasty and I think you could do much better.Now
take a deep breath and stop acting that way.

--
nget

Kurt Fischer
February 15th 05, 10:11 AM
skip > wrote:

> Now I just quick scan the threads looking for a familiar name that
> might write something that makes sense, be interesting, or have a bit of
> humor to it and I don't come up with much of anything.

Skip,

for a certain kind of humor see my recumbent cartoons:

http://www.bikecartoons.de
(leads to a site on www.ligfiets.net)

Concerning hub motors and assisted recumbents see especially our new HPW
II.[1] And believe me: In this case I'm dead serious. ;-)

http://www.ligfiets.net/fotos/foto.php3?id_foto=1048

I've dedicated the cartoon "Mush" to Beth, unfortunately she seems gone
away, hopefully not forever. It is definitely not true that nobody will
be missed here on ARBR when he or she is gone. There are some folks I
miss a lot.

> For the first time ever I may have to use a kill file to make the scanning
> managable. I never thought it would come to that.

The principle of Usenet is not linear, it simply doesn't work this way.
There are waves, ups and downs, which come and go. So, sooner or later
even the Monkey crap attack will fade away and make place for other
things. Is it possible to get even bader? Just ask Murphy. ;-)

Kurt

[1] Originally invented about five years ago on de.rec.fahrrad and still
a running gag there

--
Kurt Fischer - chief press officer
HPW(tm)-Corporations

meb
February 15th 05, 10:45 AM
nget Wrote:
> I deleted the text you have above your question,and added what you are
> now calling new text.You must have grabbed it near the time I hit the
> delete.

Your editting after the post is only effective with respect to the text
on cyclingforums' server. Once propogated to the USENET it can't be
editted.

Regarding Tom's question: no end quote resulted in all subsequent text
showing up as quote.

--
meb

nget
February 15th 05, 04:31 PM
meb Wrote:
> Your editting after the post is only effective with respect to the text
> on cyclingforums' server. Once propogated to the USENET it can't be
> editted.
>
> Regarding Tom's question: no end quote resulted in all subsequent text
> showing up as quote.
Thanks for clearing that up Meb.Well it's not clear but thanks anyway.I
think we should offically call this last flame war"monkey gate".

--
nget

Tom Sherman
February 16th 05, 01:07 AM
Kurt Fischer wrote:

> for a certain kind of humor see my recumbent cartoons:
>
> http://www.bikecartoons.de
> (leads to a site on www.ligfiets.net)...

Larry Varney?
(Maurizio - part 2)
<http://www.ligfiets.net/fotos/foto.php3?type=nieuws&id=1279&file=wZJh3TAQ.jpg>.

--
Tom Sherman - Earth

Kurt Fischer
February 16th 05, 12:09 PM
Tom Sherman > wrote:

> Kurt Fischer wrote:

> > http://www.bikecartoons.de

> Larry Varney?
> (Maurizio - part 2)

Yes, I was inspired by a picture of him. I like to satirize living
persons and don't care that much if they feel honored or not. BTW: Happy
Birthday, Larry!

Maurizio in fact is of course our Fabrizio, but I had to change his name
because Bryan insisted on it as he planned to publish it on BROL and was
concerned about possible reactions of dear Fabby. Later he decided
otherwise, but I didn't want to change the name again.

One of my next cartoons will be a parody of Bill Volk's "Heavy Metal"
and a Monkey cartoon is planned too. Of course, you're also standing on
my list, Tom, but I'm still brooding over a possible way to parody a
recumbent curmudgeon and a RANS capitalizing pedant in a drawing. Maybe
I will have to refer to your obsession(?) for tiny wheels or something
like that. Not an easy task, as far as I can see at the moment, but I'm
keen to accept the challenge. (SL of course preferred, but any other
model will be welcome also) ;-)

Kurt

nget
February 17th 05, 06:50 AM
Kurt Fischer Wrote:
> Tom Sherman > wrote:
>
> > Kurt Fischer wrote:
>
> > > http://www.bikecartoons.de
>
> > Larry Varney?
> > (Maurizio - part 2)
>

> Yes, I was inspired by a picture of him. I like to satirize living
> persons and don't care that much if they feel honored or not.
>

> Kurt
To some it also appears that you don't care if its funny either.

--
nget

Kurt Fischer
February 17th 05, 09:05 AM
nget > wrote:

[recumbent cartoons]

> To some it also appears that you don't care if its funny either.

Yes, in a certain way that's true: humor lies in the eye of the
beholder, you can't please everyone. See Monty Python for an example. So
I do what in my opinion is right for me and what I can justify before
myself. And drawing my cartoons and posting the URL here on ARBR is
something I can justify without any problem. ;-)

Kurt

nget
February 17th 05, 04:14 PM
Kurt Fischer Wrote:
> nget > wrote:
>
> [recumbent cartoons]
>
> > To some it also appears that you don't care if its funny either.
>
> Yes, in a certain way that's true: humor lies in the eye of the
> beholder, you can't please everyone. See Monty Python for an example.
> So
> I do what in my opinion is right for me and what I can justify before
> myself. And drawing my cartoons and posting the URL here on ARBR is
> something I can justify without any problem. ;-)
>
> Kurt
Perhaps the word cartoon is a little bit much.I would suggest a more
appropriate term,something like "Kirks illustrations".

--
nget

Kurt Fischer
February 17th 05, 06:26 PM
nget > wrote:

> Perhaps the word cartoon is a little bit much.I would suggest a
> moreappropriate term,something like "Kirks illustrations"

Captain Kirk?

Here are some more cartoons, illustrations or artwork, just as you
prefer to call it:

Probably one of the very first recumbent cartoons:
http://www.bikeroute.com/WhyBent.html

Albert Einstein and Gaston on recumbents:
http://www.recumbents.com/wisil/misc/choppinet.htm

Here's the history of the famous evolution cartoon:
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Vista/3255/evolution.htm#copy

And that's the work of Harald Franssen:
http://www.bentox.net/recumbent.php

Kurt

Fred
February 18th 05, 01:09 AM
Kurt,
Your cartoon will make a for great T-shirt at the
Johnny NoCom Superstore. GREAT cartoon.

Do not listen to nget.
nget gets ****ed off when he sees a cartoon character
that look like him riding his slow trike.
--
Fred

>Kurt
>Perhaps the word cartoon is a little bit much.I would suggest a more
>ppropriate term,something like "Kirks illustrations".
>-
>nget

from: nget >
Newsgroups: alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

nget
February 18th 05, 01:30 AM

--
nget

Fred
February 18th 05, 02:17 AM
Kurt
There is nothing about your cartoons that embraces the "dark side".
You have a good sense of humor. Keep doing the cartoons.

Do not listen to nget who has his head up his slow electro ass.
--
Fred

>You have been a good sport about this Kurk.I enjoyed the Einstein photo but some of the stuff you do appears to embrace the negitive or dark side.This type of art work is wasted on me.
I noticed that I had put an "i" in your name instead of the "u" after I had Hit the send key.I just figured you knew who you were.

nget

from: nget >
Newsgroups: alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

nget
February 18th 05, 02:28 AM
Fred Wrote:
> Kurt
> There is nothing about your cartoons that embraces the "dark side".
> You have a good sense of humor. Keep doing the cartoons.
>
> Do not listen to nget who has his head up his slow electro ass.
> --
> Fred
>

> >You have been a good sport about this Kurk.I enjoyed the Einstein
> photo but some of the stuff you do appears to embrace the negitive or
> dark side.This type of art work is wasted on me.
> I noticed that I had put an "i" in your name instead of the "u" after I
> had Hit the send key.I just figured you knew who you were.
>
> nget
>
> from: nget >
> Newsgroups: alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
> Subject: Re: Advice to nget
It's looking more and more like Carbon dude lacks a pair.

--
nget

Tom Sherman
February 18th 05, 02:30 AM
nget who? wrote:

> Fred Wrote:
>
>>Kurt,
>>Your cartoon will make a for great T-shirt at the
>>Johnny NoCom Superstore. GREAT cartoon.
>>
>>Do not listen to nget.
>>nget gets ****ed off when he sees a cartoon character
>>that look like him riding his slow trike.
>>--
>>Fred
>>
>>How much longer will Fred hide behind the skirt of Ed Gin? Well Carbon
>>Dude "got balls"?

Got proper Usenet posting format?

--
Tom Sherman - Earth

Fred
February 18th 05, 02:38 AM
Its looking more and more like nget
lacks the ability to ride with his own legs.

Hell Bells might as well be a lazy
sonofabitch and let the bike pedal for you nget ive
--
Fred

It's looking more and more like Carbon dude lacks a pair.

rom: nget >
Newsgroups: alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

nget
February 18th 05, 02:42 AM
Tom Sherman Wrote:
> nget who? wrote:
>
> > Fred Wrote:
> >
> >>Kurt,
> >>Your cartoon will make a for great T-shirt at the
> >>Johnny NoCom Superstore. GREAT cartoon.
> >>
> >>Do not listen to nget.
> >>nget gets ****ed off when he sees a cartoon character
> >>that look like him riding his slow trike.
> >>--
> >>Fred
> >>
> >>How much longer will Fred hide behind the skirt of Ed Gin? Well
> Carbon
> >>Dude "got balls"?
>
> Got proper Usenet posting format?
>
> --
> Tom Sherman - Earth
I only came armed with the truth.

--
nget

Fred
February 18th 05, 02:47 AM
My sincere apologies Mr. Sherman,

I got caught up in the moment slapping my
slow bitch who needs his electric assist to ride.
--
Fred

>>Got proper Usenet posting format?
>>
>>--
>>Tom Sherman - Earth

Tom Sherman
February 18th 05, 03:05 AM
nget who? wrote:

> Tom Sherman Wrote:
>
>>nget who? wrote:

>>Carbon

>>Got proper Usenet posting format?
>>
>>--
>>Tom Sherman - Earth
>
> I only came armed with the truth.

You are falsely implying (by the improper use of the ">" at the
beginning of a line) that your new text is by the poster you are
responding to.

--
Tom Sherman - Earth

Fred
February 18th 05, 03:23 AM
Forgive me Mr. Sherman,
These new fangled computer are just not my thing.

I am soley focused on speed bikes and slow recumbent bitch slapping.
I have no time to study the rules of >>.

--
Fred

>>You are falsely implying (by the improper use of the ">" at the
beginning of a line) that your new text is by the poster you are
responding to.

--
Tom Sherman - Earth

Freewheeling
February 18th 05, 04:47 AM
Skip:

Without killfiling I shudder to think what this group would look like. And
it was so satisfying to apply the rule and watch all of nget's posts
disappear. Tom Sherman has "taken the pledge," I believe. Nothing but
discussions about deraileurs, tires, and other bike stuff. Glad to see you
back.

--
--Scott
"skip" > wrote in message

> "Tom Sherman" > wrote in message
>> nget who? wrote:

>> Why is your new text appearing as quoted text?
>>
>> --
>> Tom Sherman - Earth
>>

> Nobody knows why. It's just a part of the current situation. I'm not one
> to complain, but....I'll be glad when I go on vacation and take a break
> from arbr. Now I just quick scan the threads looking for a familiar name
> that might write something that makes sense, be interesting, or have a bit
> of humor to it and I don't come up with much of anything. For the first
> time ever I may have to use a kill file to make the scanning managable. I
> never thought it would come to that. I won't kill file you though, so
> feel free to continue to make snide remarks about something I wrote 4 1/2
> years ago that I can't possibly remember or care about.
>
> skip

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home