PDA

View Full Version : Lance just ate ****!!!!!!

DanSchmatz
July 21st 03, 03:29 PM
After he attacked!!

kaiser
July 21st 03, 07:14 PM
It looked more like a yellow musette bag. What I'm wondering, is what
the hell was that bag anchored to that made him crash? I saw the guy
who was holding it, and he didn't even get nudged.

The coverage is getting frustrating. Did Lance grab a new bike? You'd
think that with all the cameras, they could at least make sure that
one always stays with the friggin yellow jersey at all times.

(DanSchmatz) wrote in message >...
> Then he got up, busted his lone nut as he unclips, then gets his **** together
> and rides by everyone.
>

> Looked as though somebody hooked his bars with a ball cap or something.

Herbie Jurvanen
July 21st 03, 07:28 PM
In >, kaiser wrote:

> The coverage is getting frustrating. Did Lance grab a new bike?

From Eurosport, one could see that after the crash the number plate between
the top tube and the downtube was damaged, and when L crossed the line you
could see that his right brake lever was either damaged or had come loose
from the tape. From this, I can only assume he didn't grab a new bike in the
few seconds the camera wasn't spot on.

The Eurosport moto-cam also did an extreme close-up on the rear derailleur
after the crash, but I didn't see any obvious damage. Maybe the cameraman
saw something that I couldn't.

--
Herbie J.
Famous Curator

trg
July 21st 03, 11:51 PM
I watched it on French TV. He didn't grab a new bike. In fact the bike being
messed up was what caused the 2nd almost crash.

"Herbie Jurvanen" > a écrit dans le message de
> In >, kaiser wrote:
>
> > The coverage is getting frustrating. Did Lance grab a new bike?
>
> From Eurosport, one could see that after the crash the number plate
between
> the top tube and the downtube was damaged, and when L crossed the line you
> could see that his right brake lever was either damaged or had come loose
> from the tape. From this, I can only assume he didn't grab a new bike in
the
> few seconds the camera wasn't spot on.
>
> The Eurosport moto-cam also did an extreme close-up on the rear derailleur
> after the crash, but I didn't see any obvious damage. Maybe the cameraman
> saw something that I couldn't.
>

> --
> Herbie J.
> Famous Curator

---

Raptor
July 22nd 03, 04:10 AM
Gregory Kinney wrote:
> Yeah that had to huuurrrt, and he still ate it up and sped away.
> Impressive.

Mountain biking, again. He knows how to fall. He said he saw it
coming, and took most of the impact on his side and back. That's the
way to land if you have to land.

"I'm not proud. We really haven't done everything we could to protect
our customers. Our products just aren't engineered for security."
--Microsoft VP in charge of Windows OS Development, Brian Valentine.

warren
July 22nd 03, 06:23 AM
In article >, Raptor > wrote:

> Gregory Kinney wrote:
> > Yeah that had to huuurrrt, and he still ate it up and sped away.
> > Impressive.
>
> Mountain biking, again. He knows how to fall. He said he saw it
> coming, and took most of the impact on his side and back. That's the
> way to land if you have to land.

His second almost-crash is also too common while MTB'ing.

-WG

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home