PDA

View Full Version : Woof! Woof!

Tom Sherman
February 27th 05, 12:48 AM
This was just posted this on RBT: <http://www.splash-n-go.com/>. Just
the thing for those who cycle with their dog(s).

Someone should forward the link to Beth.

--
Tom Sherman - Earth

Mark Leuck
February 27th 05, 05:29 AM
The dog will appreciate the light weight compared to standard metal bowls

"Tom Sherman" > wrote in message
> This was just posted this on RBT: <http://www.splash-n-go.com/>. Just
> the thing for those who cycle with their dog(s).
>
> Someone should forward the link to Beth.
>
> --
> Tom Sherman - Earth

Stan Shankman
February 28th 05, 06:57 AM
Woof! Woof!

My dog will love taking along on rides a lightweight dog bowl.

You see, it all started when he was still a pup. I took him with me on
rides. But, after he reached adolescence, he demanded his own bike, which I
got for him. It didn't take him long to start out-riding me, and now, he is
considering turning pro. For the most part this is all good, but I find that
I have to continually scold him for not putting my tools away. Also, his
urination habits are atrocious.

But basically he's a good dog - if only we could agree on which shows to
watch on TV. Aside from his obvious talent as a cyclist, he is proficient on
the cello, and is said to play a rather good game of chess. I have promised
him, I will purchase a carbon-fiber dog bowl for his next birthday. (If only
he will quit chasing motorcycles.)

Can anyone recommend a lightweight dog food? His appetite for T-bone steaks
is costing me a small fortune.

Doggone it!

Tom Sherman
March 1st 05, 03:25 AM
Stan Shankman wrote:

> Woof! Woof!
>
> My dog will love taking along on rides a lightweight dog bowl.
>
> You see, it all started when he was still a pup. I took him with me on
> rides. But, after he reached adolescence, he demanded his own bike, which I
> got for him. It didn't take him long to start out-riding me, and now, he is
> considering turning pro. For the most part this is all good, but I find that
> I have to continually scold him for not putting my tools away. Also, his
> urination habits are atrocious....

Back at the time Sam Whittingham and Varna were breaking the 70-mph
human power "barrier", someone who contributes to the group occasionally
suggested a dog powered streamliner (DPV) with a video link and remote
control steering. The theory was that since certain breeds of dogs have
considerably greater power to weight ratios than hominids, speeds well
in excess of 80 mph could be obtained. I have not heard if any
significant DPV research and development has followed the suggestion.

--
Tom Sherman - Earth

Joshua Goldberg
March 3rd 05, 12:25 AM
I remember this thread.
Was thinking twin Adult Borzoi (Russian Wolfhounds), then thought...what if
they saw a cat running through a field littered with logs and rocks and you
are now sailing along through THAT in your Carbon Fiber VeloMobile at 30
mph.

"Tom Sherman" > wrote in message
> Stan Shankman wrote:
>
>> Woof! Woof!
>>
>> My dog will love taking along on rides a lightweight dog bowl.
>>
>> You see, it all started when he was still a pup. I took him with me on
>> rides. But, after he reached adolescence, he demanded his own bike, which
>> got for him. It didn't take him long to start out-riding me, and now, he
>> is
>> considering turning pro. For the most part this is all good, but I find
>> that
>> I have to continually scold him for not putting my tools away. Also, his
>> urination habits are atrocious....
>
> Back at the time Sam Whittingham and Varna were breaking the 70-mph human
> power "barrier", someone who contributes to the group occasionally
> suggested a dog powered streamliner (DPV) with a video link and remote
> control steering. The theory was that since certain breeds of dogs have
> considerably greater power to weight ratios than hominids, speeds well in
> excess of 80 mph could be obtained. I have not heard if any significant
> DPV research and development has followed the suggestion.
>
> --
> Tom Sherman - Earth

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home