PDA

View Full Version : Excuse of the day.

Callistus Valerius
July 21st 03, 04:16 PM
I reckon the pedals will be blamed today, for Armstrong's inability to put
minutes into Ullrich today. Remember, stage results are not final until the
results of the drug tests are shown.

Robert Oliver
July 21st 03, 04:20 PM
"Callistus Valerius" > wrote in message
> I reckon the pedals will be blamed today, for Armstrong's inability to put
> minutes into Ullrich today. Remember, stage results are not final until
the
> results of the drug tests are shown.

You know, if a spectator stepped out of the crowds and shot Lance in the
head with a shotgun, his detractors would probably classify that as an
"excuse."

Keith
July 21st 03, 04:21 PM
On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 08:16:20 -0700, "Callistus Valerius"
> wrote:

>I reckon the pedals will be blamed today, for Armstrong's inability to put
>minutes into Ullrich today. Remember, stage results are not final until the
>results of the drug tests are shown.

Got any inside info? Lance sure seem pumped up today.

henry
July 21st 03, 04:31 PM
so right....so when is someone going to slam him for not clipping completely
into his pedal and almost crashing again?

grasping at straws, they are....

> You know, if a spectator stepped out of the crowds and shot Lance in the
> head with a shotgun, his detractors would probably classify that as an
> "excuse."

Ken Very Big Liar
July 21st 03, 04:58 PM
wrote:

>I reckon the pedals will be blamed today, for Armstrong's inability to put
>minutes into Ullrich today. Remember, stage results are not final until the
>results of the drug tests are shown.

Shut up.

---
Kelly Beard, a.k.a. Mr. K.V.B. Liar

User968758
July 21st 03, 05:54 PM
>I reckon the pedals will be blamed today, for Armstrong's inability to put
>minutes into Ullrich today. Remember, stage results are not final until the
>results of the drug tests are shown.

Some people just never give up...

Precious Pup
July 21st 03, 07:12 PM
Andy Coggan wrote:

> "Johannes Krackencow" > wrote in message

> > > Remember, stage results are not final until
> > > minutes into Ullrich today.the
> > > results of the drug tests are shown.
> > >
> > Someday when your body produces a comparative 10% of the lactic acid
> > that any of the other top caliber riders you are against
>
> You really believe that nonsense?

You really believe he cares if it is?

MSA
July 21st 03, 08:46 PM
"Precious Pup" > wrote in message

> Andy Coggan wrote:

> > > Someday when your body produces a comparative 10% of the lactic acid
> > > that any of the other top caliber riders you are against
> >
> > You really believe that nonsense?
>
> You really believe he cares if it is?

I bet he's glad he only has one ball...otherwise that would have hurt.

--
Mark

"Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear
bright until you hear them speak"

J Jones
July 21st 03, 09:31 PM
"Callistus Valerius" > wrote in message

> > Shut up.
>
> YOU, SHUT UP.

No, you shut up. Infinity.
Jeff

Johannes Krackencow
July 22nd 03, 02:42 AM
On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 17:29:00 GMT, "Andy Coggan"
> wrote:

>"Johannes Krackencow" > wrote in message
>
>> On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 08:16:20 -0700, "Callistus Valerius"
>> > wrote:
>> >I reckon the pedals will be blamed today, for Armstrong's inability to
>put
>> >minutes into Ullrich today. Remember, stage results are not final until
>the
>> >results of the drug tests are shown.
>> >
>> Someday when your body produces a comparative 10% of the lactic acid
>> that any of the other top caliber riders you are against
>
>You really believe that nonsense?

Give me some evidence that it is not true. I present to you an
individual that has been kicking ass on everyone since age 12. How
many other 16 yr olds did you see keeping up with pro triathletes who
were in their prime?

Oh wait, I guess he's just better because he trains more, now I see
where you're coming from.

warren
July 22nd 03, 06:36 AM
In article >, Johannes
Krackencow > wrote:

> On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 17:29:00 GMT, "Andy Coggan"
> > wrote:
>
> >"Johannes Krackencow" > wrote in message
> >
> >> On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 08:16:20 -0700, "Callistus Valerius"
> >put
> >the
> >> >
> >> Someday when your body produces a comparative 10% of the lactic acid
> >> that any of the other top caliber riders you are against

I'm pretty sure Lance doesn't produce 50% more lactic acid than alot of
people in this newsgroup.

> >You really believe that nonsense?
>
> Give me some evidence that it is not true. I present to you an
> individual that has been kicking ass on everyone since age 12. How
> many other 16 yr olds did you see keeping up with pro triathletes who
> were in their prime?

Lance wasn't a whole lot better at bike racing than other bike racers
of his own age until after he was in his late 20's, and really not that
much better until after he had cancer and lost weight and gained
desire.

> Oh wait, I guess he's just better because he trains more, now I see
> where you're coming from.

He probably doesn't train more, just harder and smarter with a focus on
an event that many riders choose not to focus on.

-WG

Donald Munro
July 22nd 03, 09:31 AM
Keith wrote:
> Got any inside info? Lance sure seem pumped up today.

Perhaps he was on a drug called adrenaline after falling. After a
crash or near crash riders often manage to perform feats they would
not have been able to without the adrenaline from the fight or flight
reaction. I'm not sure how long adrenaline remains detectable in the
body though.

Peter Allen
July 22nd 03, 12:51 PM
Johannes Krackencow > wrote in message >...
> On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 17:29:00 GMT, "Andy Coggan"
> > wrote:
>
> >"Johannes Krackencow" > wrote in message
> >
> >> On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 08:16:20 -0700, "Callistus Valerius"
> put
> the
> >> >
> >> Someday when your body produces a comparative 10% of the lactic acid
> >> that any of the other top caliber riders you are against
> >
> >You really believe that nonsense?
>
> Give me some evidence that it is not true. I present to you an
> individual that has been kicking ass on everyone since age 12. How
> many other 16 yr olds did you see keeping up with pro triathletes who
> were in their prime?
>
> Oh wait, I guess he's just better because he trains more, now I see
> where you're coming from.

It's only true in the sense that if you put Lance just-slightly over
his LT, and then insist everyone else matches his power, everyone else
(except probably Ullrich) is well over their LT, and hence produces
more lactic acid. He doesn't somehow manage to go 50 watts over LT yet
produce 10% less lactic acid than everyone else does 50 watts over
their LT.

Yes, sure, he has incredible genetics, which is why he has been
kicking ass for so long, but he still has a human metabolism, and it
still produces lactic acid the way everyone else's does. He is better
now than he was when he first rode professionally, and that is because
he's lost unnecessary weight due to cancer and because he trains
harder.

Peter

Nick Burns
July 23rd 03, 09:57 PM
"Peter Allen" > wrote in message
om...
> Johannes Krackencow > wrote in message
> > On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 17:29:00 GMT, "Andy Coggan"
> > > wrote:

> > put
> > the

> > >You really believe that nonsense?
> >
> > Give me some evidence that it is not true. I present to you an
> > individual that has been kicking ass on everyone since age 12. How
> > many other 16 yr olds did you see keeping up with pro triathletes who
> > were in their prime?
> >
> > Oh wait, I guess he's just better because he trains more, now I see
> > where you're coming from.
>
> It's only true in the sense that if you put Lance just-slightly over
> his LT, and then insist everyone else matches his power, everyone else
> (except probably Ullrich) is well over their LT, and hence produces
> more lactic acid. He doesn't somehow manage to go 50 watts over LT yet
> produce 10% less lactic acid than everyone else does 50 watts over
> their LT.

Actually, those that claim to know indicate that both are true. Apparently
he does somehow have a superior tolerance to lactic acid. I don't know what
the percentage would be but it is the most common explanation for what is
supposed to set Armstrong apart from his competition.

> Yes, sure, he has incredible genetics, which is why he has been
> kicking ass for so long, but he still has a human metabolism, and it
> still produces lactic acid the way everyone else's does. He is better
> now than he was when he first rode professionally, and that is because
> he's lost unnecessary weight due to cancer and because he trains
> harder.
>
> Peter

Kiem Madvanen
July 24th 03, 02:33 AM