PDA

View Full Version : Not fair!

M. Wehrmann
July 21st 03, 04:29 PM
Two actions haven't been fair:

1) Of course Jan did wait for Lance after the crash.
Jan often looked back, he had to change his rhythm.
Unfair was Lance' attack immediately(!) when he had arrived Jan.
Why Lance didn't wait some seconds?
Jan did not react in that moment - he just coudn't believe it ...

2) Unfair was Mayo: no work, 2nd place.
Mayo has stolen Ullrich 4 sec (= bonus time).
Maybe the decisive seconds in this TdF.

Let's hope Armstrong doesn't need that 4 sec. in the TT.

Manuel

Robert Oliver
July 21st 03, 04:38 PM
"M. Wehrmann" > wrote in message
> Two actions haven't been fair:
>
> 1) Of course Jan did wait for Lance after the crash.
> Jan often looked back, he had to change his rhythm.
> Unfair was Lance' attack immediately(!) when he had arrived Jan.
> Why Lance didn't wait some seconds?

I taped the OLN coverage. The attack comes about 1 minute after Lance got
back up to Ullrich, and the attack was started by Mayo, not Lance. Lance
simply matched it and then surpassed it.

David Ryan
July 21st 03, 04:39 PM
"M. Wehrmann" wrote:

> Two actions haven't been fair:
>
> 1) Of course Jan did wait for Lance after the crash.
> Jan often looked back, he had to change his rhythm.
> Unfair was Lance' attack immediately(!) when he had arrived Jan.
> Why Lance didn't wait some seconds?

Without fan interference Lance would have been way ahead anyway.
It looked like Ullrich was aware he was back.
And Ullrich had a respite to recover.

> Jan did not react in that moment - he just coudn't believe it ...

Ullrich never reacts.

> 2) Unfair was Mayo: no work, 2nd place.
> Mayo has stolen Ullrich 4 sec (= bonus time).
> Maybe the decisive seconds in this TdF.
>
> Let's hope Armstrong doesn't need that 4 sec. in the TT.
>
> Manuel

SM
July 21st 03, 04:41 PM
maybe he should have gone back to Jan and asked if it was ok that he goes?
;-)

"Robert Oliver" > wrote in message

> "M. Wehrmann" > wrote in message
> > Two actions haven't been fair:
> >
> > 1) Of course Jan did wait for Lance after the crash.
> > Jan often looked back, he had to change his rhythm.
> > Unfair was Lance' attack immediately(!) when he had arrived Jan.
> > Why Lance didn't wait some seconds?
>
> I taped the OLN coverage. The attack comes about 1 minute after Lance got
> back up to Ullrich, and the attack was started by Mayo, not Lance. Lance
> simply matched it and then surpassed it.

Gerrit Stolte
July 21st 03, 04:49 PM
On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 15:39:59 GMT, David Ryan >
wrote:

>"M. Wehrmann" wrote:
>>
>> Two actions haven't been fair:
>>
>> 1) Of course Jan did wait for Lance after the crash.
>> Jan often looked back, he had to change his rhythm.
>> Unfair was Lance' attack immediately(!) when he had arrived Jan.
>> Why Lance didn't wait some seconds?
>
>Without fan interference Lance would have been way ahead anyway.
>It looked like Ullrich was aware he was back.
>And Ullrich had a respite to recover.
>
>> Jan did not react in that moment - he just coudn't believe it ...
>
>Ullrich never reacts.

When Lance crashed, Ullrich was barely 2 meters behind him.

>> 2) Unfair was Mayo: no work, 2nd place.
>> Mayo has stolen Ullrich 4 sec (= bonus time).
>> Maybe the decisive seconds in this TdF.
>>
>> Let's hope Armstrong doesn't need that 4 sec. in the TT.
>>
>> Manuel

Ed Hill
July 21st 03, 05:13 PM
M. Wehrmann wrote:
> Two actions haven't been fair:
>
> 1) Of course Jan did wait for Lance after the crash.
> Jan often looked back, he had to change his rhythm.
> Unfair was Lance' attack immediately(!) when he had arrived Jan.
> Why Lance didn't wait some seconds?
> Jan did not react in that moment - he just coudn't believe it ...
>
> 2) Unfair was Mayo: no work, 2nd place.
> Mayo has stolen Ullrich 4 sec (= bonus time).
> Maybe the decisive seconds in this TdF.
>
> Let's hope Armstrong doesn't need that 4 sec. in the TT.
>
> Manuel

I agree. Jan did most of the pulling today up the last two cols. Mayo
had one or two feeble attacks and then sucked Ullich's wheel before
passing him at the line. Mayo wanted a high finish for the locals, but
he got it the cheap way. He ought to lose time for being a scumbag. If
those 4 secs are decisive, today's finish will indeed look bad on Mayo.

Ed

Gerrit Stolte
July 21st 03, 05:27 PM
On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 12:13:24 -0400, Ed Hill >
wrote:

>M. Wehrmann wrote:
>> Two actions haven't been fair:
>>
>> 1) Of course Jan did wait for Lance after the crash.
>> Jan often looked back, he had to change his rhythm.
>> Unfair was Lance' attack immediately(!) when he had arrived Jan.
>> Why Lance didn't wait some seconds?
>> Jan did not react in that moment - he just coudn't believe it ...
>>
>> 2) Unfair was Mayo: no work, 2nd place.
>> Mayo has stolen Ullrich 4 sec (= bonus time).
>> Maybe the decisive seconds in this TdF.
>>
>> Let's hope Armstrong doesn't need that 4 sec. in the TT.
>>
>> Manuel
>
>I agree. Jan did most of the pulling today up the last two cols. Mayo
>had one or two feeble attacks and then sucked Ullich's wheel before
>passing him at the line. Mayo wanted a high finish for the locals, but
>he got it the cheap way. He ought to lose time for being a scumbag. If
>those 4 secs are decisive, today's finish will indeed look bad on Mayo.

He'll pay for it on Saturday, when Ullrich will give him the finger
halfway through the ITT.

Gerrit

David Ryan
July 21st 03, 05:34 PM
Ed Hill wrote:

> M. Wehrmann wrote:
> > Two actions haven't been fair:
> >
> > 1) Of course Jan did wait for Lance after the crash.
> > Jan often looked back, he had to change his rhythm.
> > Unfair was Lance' attack immediately(!) when he had arrived Jan.
> > Why Lance didn't wait some seconds?
> > Jan did not react in that moment - he just coudn't believe it ...
> >
> > 2) Unfair was Mayo: no work, 2nd place.
> > Mayo has stolen Ullrich 4 sec (= bonus time).
> > Maybe the decisive seconds in this TdF.
> >
> > Let's hope Armstrong doesn't need that 4 sec. in the TT.
> >
> > Manuel
>
> I agree. Jan did most of the pulling today up the last two cols. Mayo
> had one or two feeble attacks and then sucked Ullich's wheel before
> passing him at the line. Mayo wanted a high finish for the locals, but
> he got it the cheap way. He ought to lose time for being a scumbag. If
> those 4 secs are decisive, today's finish will indeed look bad on Mayo.
>
> Ed

I think the RBR judgement is decisively in favor of the Mayo nays.

Robert Chambers
July 21st 03, 05:50 PM
You're completely full of crap! Well after Lance was back with the group
MAYO launched an attack. Lance merely responded, then put the hammer down.

"M. Wehrmann" > wrote in message
> Two actions haven't been fair:
>
> 1) Of course Jan did wait for Lance after the crash.
> Jan often looked back, he had to change his rhythm.
> Unfair was Lance' attack immediately(!) when he had arrived Jan.
> Why Lance didn't wait some seconds?
> Jan did not react in that moment - he just coudn't believe it ...
>
> 2) Unfair was Mayo: no work, 2nd place.
> Mayo has stolen Ullrich 4 sec (= bonus time).
> Maybe the decisive seconds in this TdF.
>
> Let's hope Armstrong doesn't need that 4 sec. in the TT.
>
> Manuel

Ed-D
July 21st 03, 08:59 PM
"M. Wehrmann" > wrote in message
> Two actions haven't been fair:
>
> 1) Of course Jan did wait for Lance after the crash.
> Jan often looked back, he had to change his rhythm.
> Unfair was Lance' attack immediately(!) when he had arrived Jan.
> Why Lance didn't wait some seconds?
> Jan did not react in that moment - he just coudn't believe it ...

I thought the same thing at first, but remember it was that a-hole Mayo who
attacked first. Lance went with him and then by him.

> 2) Unfair was Mayo: no work, 2nd place.
> Mayo has stolen Ullrich 4 sec (= bonus time).
> Maybe the decisive seconds in this TdF.

Even if they aren't the decisive seconds, there is no excuse for Mayo's
behavior in this stage.

> Let's hope Armstrong doesn't need that 4 sec. in the TT.
>
> Manuel

Ed-D
July 22nd 03, 12:35 AM
"Clovis Lark" > wrote in message
> Ed-D > wrote:
> > "M. Wehrmann" > wrote in message
> >> Two actions haven't been fair:
> >>
> >> 1) Of course Jan did wait for Lance after the crash.
> >> Jan often looked back, he had to change his rhythm.
> >> Unfair was Lance' attack immediately(!) when he had arrived Jan.
> >> Why Lance didn't wait some seconds?
> >> Jan did not react in that moment - he just coudn't believe it ...
> >>

> > I thought the same thing at first, but remember it was that a-hole Mayo
who
> > attacked first. Lance went with him and then by him.
>
> >> 2) Unfair was Mayo: no work, 2nd place.
> >> Mayo has stolen Ullrich 4 sec (= bonus time).
> >> Maybe the decisive seconds in this TdF.
> >>

> > Even if they aren't the decisive seconds, there is no excuse for Mayo's
> > behavior in this stage.
>
> Funny, we all applaud Armstrong for going gung ho after the crash, but
> Mayo, who also was leveled, and nearly leveled again is an asshole.

Uh yes. Part of our reason for this is because unlike you we aren't blind and
were aware of the fact that Mayo, not Armstrong was the one who attacked first
after the crash. But that's not our main complaint about Mayo. The fact that
he rode Ulrich's coattails up the hill only to outsprint him at the very last
minute is far worse in our opinion.

> Funny, but Chavanel is a brave lad for striking out on his own and
> stealing points in a futile lone breakaway, but Mayo and Zubelbia are
> SOB's for going for the gusto in front of the "home crowd".

apples and oranges. If Mayo and Zubeldia had "gone for the gusto" by attacking
the way Chavanel did they would be seen as brave too, and not the gutless
cowards they apparently are.

> >> Let's hope Armstrong doesn't need that 4 sec. in the TT.
> >>
> >> Manuel

Clovis Lark
July 22nd 03, 01:34 AM
Ed-D > wrote:
> "Clovis Lark" > wrote in message
>> Ed-D > wrote:

>> > I thought the same thing at first, but remember it was that a-hole Mayo
> who
>> > attacked first. Lance went with him and then by him.

>> > Even if they aren't the decisive seconds, there is no excuse for Mayo's
>> > behavior in this stage.
>>
>> Funny, we all applaud Armstrong for going gung ho after the crash, but
>> Mayo, who also was leveled, and nearly leveled again is an asshole.

> Uh yes. Part of our reason for this is because unlike you we aren't blind and
> were aware of the fact that Mayo, not Armstrong was the one who attacked first
> after the crash. But that's not our main complaint about Mayo. The fact that
> he rode Ulrich's coattails up the hill only to outsprint him at the very last
> minute is far worse in our opinion.

Excuuuse me for realizing the pope has decided to join the groop(sic).

Let's help you out:

1} Mayo weas just as hampered behind the peloton.

2) Mayo and Zubeldia are basques riding in their home turf.

3) they are on a wild card team in 2nd place in team standings.

What would YOU do were you their director?

I can't wait to hear your response...

>> Funny, but Chavanel is a brave lad for striking out on his own and
>> stealing points in a futile lone breakaway, but Mayo and Zubelbia are
>> SOB's for going for the gusto in front of the "home crowd".

> apples and oranges. If Mayo and Zubeldia had "gone for the gusto" by attacking
> the way Chavanel did they would be seen as brave too, and not the gutless
> cowards they apparently are.

You are pathetic, go to your room little boy.

Clovis Lark
July 22nd 03, 04:50 AM
Ed-D > wrote:

> "Clovis Lark" > wrote in message
>> Ed-D > wrote:

>> > who

>> > Uh yes. Part of our reason for this is because unlike you we aren't blind
> and
>> > were aware of the fact that Mayo, not Armstrong was the one who attacked
> first
>> > after the crash. But that's not our main complaint about Mayo. The fact
> that
>> > he rode Ulrich's coattails up the hill only to outsprint him at the very
> last
>> > minute is far worse in our opinion.
>>
>> Excuuuse me for realizing the pope has decided to join the groop(sic).
>>
>> Let's help you out:
>>
>> 1} Mayo weas just as hampered behind the peloton.
>>
>> 2) Mayo and Zubeldia are basques riding in their home turf.
>>
>> 3) they are on a wild card team in 2nd place in team standings.
>>
>> What would YOU do were you their director?
>>

> Tell them to have some class because otherwise it is going to come back and
> bite their Basque asses.

I hope you are taking the initiative of getting phone numbers to tell them
this. Personally, I m betting thar Ullrich and Armstrong would back me up
on this.

>> I can't wait to hear your response...

>> > apples and oranges. If Mayo and Zubeldia had "gone for the gusto" by
> attacking
>> > the way Chavanel did they would be seen as brave too, and not the gutless
>> > cowards they apparently are.
>>
>> You are pathetic, go to your room little boy.
>>

> so by resorting to namecalling I assume you are conceding this point to me?

I didn't cal; you a name. I described your response to professional
sports' outcomes...

Best wishes in your professional endeavors...

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home