PDA

View Full Version : Rider goes airborne on Alpe d'Huez

Raptor
July 23rd 03, 05:30 PM
See the second article, but the first one is also interesting. The
question was asked if there are other similar "events" associated with
the Tour. Anyone?

http://www.velonews.com/race/mtn/articles/4606.0.html

"I'm not proud. We really haven't done everything we could to protect
our customers. Our products just aren't engineered for security."
--Microsoft VP in charge of Windows OS Development, Brian Valentine.

John Rees
July 23rd 03, 05:45 PM
"Raptor" > wrote in message ...
> See the second article, but the first one is also interesting. The
> question was asked if there are other similar "events" associated with
> the Tour. Anyone?
>
> http://www.velonews.com/race/mtn/articles/4606.0.html

Quote:
"I don't care. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, but the only person
in jeopardy was me."

I disagree, and so would any of the riders who could have a heavy freeride
bike and armour clad rider land on top of them...

Let him jump a moving train or something. Then maybe I'll believe the "only
person in jeopardy was me." remark.

It's a shame he wasn't arrested and allowed to cool off for a while in a
'nice' French prison.
John Rees

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home