PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of fat, former Tour Masters

K. J. Papai
July 24th 03, 09:14 PM
Has Roche apologized to Hamilton?

See:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/tour.php?id=photos/2003/tour03/stage17/10

(Maybe Tyler called him a fattie and it's all even now)

-Ken

Laurent
July 24th 03, 10:21 PM
Johan Bruyneel should apologized too as he said he didn"t believe Hamilton
has a broken collarbone, insinuating that Hamilton and Riss were big liars.

"K. J. Papai" > a écrit dans le message de
om...
> Has Roche apologized to Hamilton?
>
> See:
>
> http://www.cyclingnews.com/tour.php?id=photos/2003/tour03/stage17/10
>
> (Maybe Tyler called him a fattie and it's all even now)
>
> -Ken

Bryan Boldt
July 24th 03, 11:25 PM
Just a lot more of it ;)

Congroupdc wrote:

> >Maybe Roche should put his cycling shoes
> >where his mouth is.
>
> I recently rode with Roche over a 10k 6% climb. Fat or not, he did the whole
> thing in the big ring and even manged to drop some Cat 2 Americans while
> talking on his cell phone. No bull****. He's still got it...

snjr
July 24th 03, 11:31 PM
> I recently rode with Roche over a 10k 6% climb. Fat or not, he did the
whole
> thing in the big ring and even manged to drop some Cat 2 Americans while
> talking on his cell phone. No bull****. He's still got it...

Eddie Merckx used to accomplish similar feats in the mountains around
Colorado Springs... proving Sir Isaac Newton knew nothing about gravity.

Brian Phillips
July 25th 03, 02:16 AM
"snjr" > wrote in message
> Eddie Merckx used to accomplish similar feats in the mountains around
> Colorado Springs... proving Sir Isaac Newton knew nothing about gravity.

And Eddy smokes cigarettes, doesn't he?

Ken Papai
July 25th 03, 05:24 AM
"Laurent" > wrote in message
> Johan Bruyneel should apologized too as he said he didn"t believe Hamilton
> has a broken collarbone, insinuating that Hamilton and Riss were big
liars.

Whatever. Sure... Prove Mmsl. Laurent.

> "K. J. Papai" > a écrit dans le message de
> om...
> > Has Roche apologized to Hamilton?
> >
> > See:
> >
> > http://www.cyclingnews.com/tour.php?id=photos/2003/tour03/stage17/10
> >
> > (Maybe Tyler called him a fattie and it's all even now)
> >
> > -Ken

Ken Papai
July 25th 03, 05:25 AM
"Congroupdc" > wrote in message
> >Maybe Roche should put his cycling shoes
> >where his mouth is.
>
> I recently rode with Roche over a 10k 6% climb. Fat or not, he did the
whole
> thing in the big ring and even manged to drop some Cat 2 Americans while
> talking on his cell phone. No bull****. He's still got it...

And you are......

???

Kurgan Gringioni
July 25th 03, 06:41 AM
"Congroupdc" > wrote in message
> >Maybe Roche should put his cycling shoes
> >where his mouth is.
>
> I recently rode with Roche over a 10k 6% climb. Fat or not, he did the
whole
> thing in the big ring and even manged to drop some Cat 2 Americans while
> talking on his cell phone. No bull****. He's still got it...

Wow, he dropped some Cat 2's?

I guess that gives him license to accuse Hamilton of faking it.

Stephen Ferguson
July 25th 03, 11:33 AM
> Wow, he dropped some Cat 2's?
>
> I guess that gives him license to accuse Hamilton of faking it.

Yeah, because its not like he won the Giro, the Tour and
the World's in a single season or anything. If only he could
match up to Tyler Hamilton's palmares then he'd be able
to talk. Hamilton does have palmares doesn't he?

F.

Kurgan Gringioni
July 25th 03, 03:48 PM
"Stephen Ferguson" > wrote in message
> > Wow, he dropped some Cat 2's?
> >
> > I guess that gives him license to accuse Hamilton of faking it.
> >

> Yeah, because its not like he won the Giro, the Tour and
> the World's in a single season or anything. If only he could
> match up to Tyler Hamilton's palmares then he'd be able
> to talk. Hamilton does have palmares doesn't he?

dumbass - dropping Cat 2s while talking on the cellphone is much more
impressive than any of that.

Clovis Lark
July 25th 03, 05:49 PM
Stephen Ferguson > wrote:
> > Wow, he dropped some Cat 2's?
>>
>> I guess that gives him license to accuse Hamilton of faking it.
>>

> Yeah, because its not like he won the Giro, the Tour and

Don't forget he won the Giro inspite of the Carerra team car deliberately
running him off the road.

> the World's in a single season or anything. If only he could
> match up to Tyler Hamilton's palmares then he'd be able
> to talk. Hamilton does have palmares doesn't he?

> F.

Scribe2b
July 25th 03, 08:00 PM
>When Tyler is old and fat he'll be
>remembered as a quality domestique who rode the Tour de France
>with a broken collar bone.

Tyler will be recorded in history beside the great Hugo Koblet escape of 140
kilos.

you just dont do that. but those two did. we may never see such a break by a
contender on a flat stage that late ever again in another tour.
jc

Stephen Ferguson
July 25th 03, 08:25 PM
How many yellow jerseys has Hamilton worn?

F.

> Unlike the riders from the UK who do not have injuries but still can't
> win anything.
>
> -WG

Stephen Ferguson
July 25th 03, 08:27 PM
Sorry, of course you're right. I'd much rather have an obscure record than
a Tour win (or a Giro win, or a Rainbow jersey).

F.

> Tyler will be recorded in history beside the great Hugo Koblet escape of
140
> kilos.
>
> you just dont do that. but those two did. we may never see such a break
by a
> contender on a flat stage that late ever again in another tour.
> jc

warren
July 25th 03, 10:29 PM
In article >, Stephen Ferguson
> wrote:

> How many yellow jerseys has Hamilton worn?

Strange way to measure success considering all the low-level pros who
have worn that jersey for a few days.

-WG

> F.
>
> > Unlike the riders from the UK who do not have injuries but still can't
> > win anything.
> >
> > -WG

K. J. Papai
July 25th 03, 10:36 PM
"Stephen Ferguson" > wrote in message >...
> > > Yeah, because its not like he won the Giro, the Tour and
> > > the World's in a single season or anything. If only he could
> > > match up to Tyler Hamilton's palmares then he'd be able
> > > to talk. Hamilton does have palmares doesn't he?
> >
> > Of course Hamilton has Elite, World Class pro palmares:
>
> > LBL, Giro 2nd, Tour stage win are the first most obvious ones.
>
> Which is precisely my point. When Tyler is old and fat he'll be
> remembered as a quality domestique who rode the Tour de France

He'll never be as fat as Roche is!! My god!

What's your problem with Tyler anyway?
How jealous are you actually?

> with a broken collar bone. If it wasn't for the fact that he is
> American we'd hear much less about him on here. I'm sure it'll
> be nice to be remembered for a fractured clavicle, much nicer
> to be remembered for winning something.

Kenny
July 26th 03, 01:58 AM
> "snjr" > wrote in message
> > Eddie Merckx used to accomplish similar feats in the mountains around
> > Colorado Springs... proving Sir Isaac Newton knew nothing about gravity.
>
> And Eddy smokes cigarettes, doesn't he?

No, he doesn't.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home