PDA

View Full Version : Discovery peaked too early?

crit PRO
March 31st 05, 05:02 PM
They took KBK and 3 Days de Panne. Maybe too much, too soon for
Flanders Sunday, no?

cp

Andrew Karre
March 31st 05, 06:28 PM
There is some historical evidence of this. Only Van Petegem has done
the double recently (in 1999). He also won 3 Days in 2002 and was then
3rd in Flanders. Interestingly, Eric Vanderaerden won Flanders in 1985
and then won 3 Days 4 straight times (86-89) but never again saw the
podium of Flanders.

Andrew

Tom Kunich
March 31st 05, 08:56 PM
crit PRO wrote:
> They took KBK and 3 Days de Panne. Maybe too much, too soon for
> Flanders Sunday, no?

Your intelligence peaked too early - say about 15 years ago. Discovery
on the other hand is only returning on investment.

First Overall Stijn Devolder

Stage winner Ekimov
Leif Hoste one place behind Stijn in the TT as well.

George and Stijn have to be favorites.

Curtis L. Russell
March 31st 05, 09:20 PM
On 31 Mar 2005 11:56:05 -0800, "Tom Kunich" >
wrote:

>George and Stijn have to be favorites.

I'd feel better if there was some sort of regression analysis to see
if its George's turn to fall down or get sick. This season so far has
a last man standing feel to it. Too bad Chung can't do a graph.

I barely candy-assed Freire as winner and he joined the riding
wounded. Boonen sounds like he is still feeling the pain.

Flanders redone and redux:
1. George H
2. Someone not bleeding, make it Erik Dekker
3. Someone not coughing, make it Hammonds because I think he can ride
into a place other than first, supporting someone else.

Finish in a bad mood - Boonen
DNF - PVP
DNS - Freire

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...

gym gravity
March 31st 05, 09:44 PM
Curtis L. Russell wrote:

> On 31 Mar 2005 11:56:05 -0800, "Tom Kunich" >
> wrote:
>

>>George and Stijn have to be favorites.
>

> I'd feel better if there was some sort of regression analysis to see
> if its George's turn to fall down or get sick. This season so far has
> a last man standing feel to it.

George has already been sick, so if he won it's more like, "first man to
get back up"

Curtis L. Russell
March 31st 05, 10:57 PM
On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 15:44:45 -0500, gym gravity
> wrote:

>George has already been sick, so if he won it's more like, "first man to
>get back up"

Well, then. I feel better about picking George already. Well, finally
picking George.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...

Robert Chung
April 4th 05, 07:17 AM
Curtis L. Russell wrote:
> I'd feel better if there was some sort of regression analysis to see
> if its George's turn to fall down or get sick. This season so far has
> a last man standing feel to it. Too bad Chung can't do a graph.

Been pre-occupied with the US News & World Report hospital quality index.
Here's a little summary of some of the factors that go into determining
the overall index score (the factors are described here:
http://www.usnews.com/usnews/health/hosptl/glossary.htm)

For heart centers:
http://anonymous.coward.free.fr/scpo/USNewsHeartCenters.png

For cancer centers: