PDA

View Full Version : At last, a credit card for the Serious Cyclist!

Sheldon Brown
April 1st 05, 06:12 AM
Are you still using plain, general purpose credit cards like the common
folk?

Time to upgrade to FasterCard Titanium!

Check http://sheldonbrown.com/fastercard for details NOW!

Don't Wait!

Phone 617-244-9772 FAX 617-244-1041
http://harriscyclery.com
Hard-to-find parts shipped Worldwide

Mike Kruger
April 1st 05, 06:25 AM
Sheldon Brown wrote:
> Are you still using plain, general purpose credit cards like
the
> common folk?
>
> Time to upgrade to FasterCard Titanium!
>
> Check http://sheldonbrown.com/fastercard for details NOW!
>
> Don't Wait!

But I thought Carbon-Fiber cards were better at keeping your
finances in the "black".

JeffWills
April 1st 05, 06:38 AM
Sheldon Brown wrote:
> Are you still using plain, general purpose credit cards like the
common
> folk?
>
> Time to upgrade to FasterCard Titanium!
>
> Check http://sheldonbrown.com/fastercard for details NOW!

Titanium is so pass=E9. Everyone knows that the greatest challenge to
purchasing speed is wallet resistance, which rises as the cube of cost.
That is, if the price doubles, there's eight times as much force
restraining the card. The best credit cards are the smallest:
http://www.bankofamerica.com/creditcards/index.cfm?template=3Dcc_features_m=
inicard

Jeff

April 1st 05, 06:52 AM
You are techno-geeks that favor exotic materials and aerodynamics. I
remain faithful to my trusty steel Master Lard.

Andres

AustinMN
April 1st 05, 07:16 AM
wrote:
> You are techno-geeks that favor exotic materials and aerodynamics. I
> remain faithful to my trusty steel Master Lard.

I use American Distress myself.

Austin
--
I'm pedaling as fast as I durn well please!
There are no X characters in my address

Bill Sornson
April 1st 05, 07:36 AM
AustinMN wrote:
> wrote:

>> You are techno-geeks that favor exotic materials and aerodynamics. I
>> remain faithful to my trusty steel Master Lard.

> I use American Distress myself.

Greasa here.

(Sometimes Disc{brake}over.)

Bill Sornson
April 1st 05, 07:38 AM
Sheldon Brown wrote:
> Are you still using plain, general purpose credit cards like the
> common folk?
>
> Time to upgrade to FasterCard Titanium!
>
> Check http://sheldonbrown.com/fastercard for details NOW!
>
> Don't Wait!

This must be an April Fool's Day thing.

{pause]

Because there's no way to SUBMIT THE INFO in the application!!!

Disappointed would-be card-holder, Bill S.

Bill Sornson
April 1st 05, 07:45 AM
AustinMN wrote:
> wrote:

>> You are techno-geeks that favor exotic materials and aerodynamics. I
>> remain faithful to my trusty steel Master Lard.

> I use American Distress myself.

GREASA here.

(And sometimes Disc{brake}over.)

Hard-charging Bill

Christoph Strauch
April 1st 05, 11:13 AM
Sheldon Brown wrote:
> Are you still using plain, general purpose credit cards like the
common
> folk?
>
> Time to upgrade to FasterCard Titanium!
>
> Check http://sheldonbrown.com/fastercard for details NOW!

The mag stripe must be made of really a wonderful material (probably
beyondium?), as it is readable also when drilled.

Christoph "ISO 7811" Strauch

John Forrest Tomlinson
April 1st 05, 12:01 PM
On Fri, 01 Apr 2005 00:12:57 -0500, Sheldon Brown
> wrote:

>http://sheldonbrown.com/fastercard

The belongs in rec.bicycles.easypaymentst, not here.

Thanks,

JT

****************************
Remove "remove" to reply
Visit http://www.jt10000.com
****************************

April 1st 05, 01:15 PM
Thats just what I needed.

Can't wait till it gets here. :-)

Lewis.

**************

David Damerell
April 1st 05, 03:21 PM
Quoting >:
>You are techno-geeks that favor exotic materials and aerodynamics. I
>remain faithful to my trusty steel Master Lard.

I use cantilevers myself, but I gather a lot of people have moved to
V-isa.
--
David Damerell > flcl?
Today is First Epithumia, April - a weekend.

Pat Lamb
April 1st 05, 04:11 PM
Sheldon Brown wrote:
> Are you still using plain, general purpose credit cards like the common
> folk?
>
> Time to upgrade to FasterCard Titanium!
>
> Check http://sheldonbrown.com/fastercard for details NOW!
>
> Don't Wait!

How in the world did I miss the Nanodrive last year??

But FasterCard is a good start. Maybe needs to have an RFID chip added,
so you can check in as you ride into the parking lot, and then ride
straight into the elevator of that luxury hotel.

And the drop down menus. Right Wing Talk Radio Host right under
Prostitute. (Was that intentional?) And thank you, Sheldon, for
including Fortran under Language Preference!

Pat

Tom Ace
April 1st 05, 06:13 PM
Sheldon Brown wrote:

> Check http://sheldonbrown.com/fastercard for details NOW!

Love the 21-spoke rear wheel.
And...! Credit card tourists don't need pedals.

Tom Ace

Alex Rodriguez
April 1st 05, 06:52 PM
In article . com>,
says...

>Thats just what I needed.
>
>Can't wait till it gets here. :-)

Lucky you. I tried applying and was turned down. :(
-------------
Alex

NFN Smith
April 1st 05, 07:18 PM
JeffWills wrote:

> Sheldon Brown wrote:
>
>>Are you still using plain, general purpose credit cards like the common folk?
>>
>>Time to upgrade to FasterCard Titanium!
>>
>>Check http://sheldonbrown.com/fastercard for details NOW!
>>

> Titanium is so passé. Everyone knows that the greatest challenge to
> purchasing speed is wallet resistance, which rises as the cube of cost.

I'm waiting for the Plutonium Card... ;-)

Smith

Mike Latondresse
April 1st 05, 07:29 PM
NFN Smith > wrote in

> I'm waiting for the Plutonium Card... ;-)
>
> Smith

What a great way to blow your budget.

Zoot Katz
April 1st 05, 07:45 PM
31 Mar 2005 21:52:35 -0800,
om>,
wrote:

>You are techno-geeks that favor exotic materials and aerodynamics. I
>remain faithful to my trusty steel Master Lard.
>
>Andres

Yeah, the monthly statements aren't as harsh.
--
zk

Bill Sornson
April 1st 05, 07:58 PM
Mike Latondresse wrote:
> NFN Smith > wrote in
>

>> I'm waiting for the Plutonium Card... ;-)
>>
>> Smith
>>

> What a great way to blow your budget.

Is that what Red Cloud carries?

Maggie
April 1st 05, 08:33 PM
Bill Sornson wrote:
> Sheldon Brown wrote:
> > Are you still using plain, general purpose credit cards like the
> > common folk?
> >
> > Time to upgrade to FasterCard Titanium!
> >
> > Check http://sheldonbrown.com/fastercard for details NOW!
> >
> > Don't Wait!
>
> This must be an April Fool's Day thing.
>
> {pause]
>
> Because there's no way to SUBMIT THE INFO in the application!!!
>
> Disappointed would-be card-holder, Bill S.

Just send your info to me. I need a new credit card that isn't maxed
out. I won't use the card too often. Just e-mail me all your
information. . Be sure to include Mothers
Maiden Name. ;-)
Maggie
Hoping Bill has good FICO score.

Bill Sornson
April 1st 05, 08:39 PM
Maggie wrote:
> Bill Sornson wrote:
>> Sheldon Brown wrote:
>>> Are you still using plain, general purpose credit cards like the
>>> common folk?
>>>
>>> Time to upgrade to FasterCard Titanium!
>>>
>>> Check http://sheldonbrown.com/fastercard for details NOW!
>>>
>>> Don't Wait!
>>
>> This must be an April Fool's Day thing.
>>
>> {pause]
>>
>> Because there's no way to SUBMIT THE INFO in the application!!!
>>
>> Disappointed would-be card-holder, Bill S.
>
> Just send your info to me. I need a new credit card that isn't maxed
> out. I won't use the card too often. Just e-mail me all your
> information. . Be sure to include Mothers
> Maiden Name. ;-)
> Maggie
> Hoping Bill has good FICO score.

Careful, or "maxo" will think you're serious!

Tell that early 40s lady-friend of yours who wants to get married and have
kids that I have /pristine/ credit. (A spider in my bed, apparently, but
great credit.)

Off to a mountain bike ride, Platinum Bill

Maggie
April 1st 05, 09:27 PM
> Careful, or "maxo" will think you're serious!
>
> Tell that early 40s lady-friend of yours who wants to get married and
have
> kids that I have /pristine/ credit. (A spider in my bed, apparently,
but
> great credit.)
>
> Off to a mountain bike ride, Platinum Bill

I just love a man with good credit and a Nice FICO ;-)

Maggie - Looking for FICO in all the wrong places.

If I don't stop this insane posting at the office, I'll really need a
man with good credit. I will get fired and I already ruined my husbands
credit.

Maggie
April 1st 05, 10:10 PM
Strayhorn wrote:>
> Probably so, but remember that overextended card debt can derail your

> credit report, to the point that you will feel double-butted in the
> head. Better to saddle up and crank out a few more projects at work
or
> you might find yourself pedaling things from a table on the sidewalk.

I suspect the end of my life will be spent pushing my belongings around
in a shopping cart. But at least I will be able to say.......I ENJOYED
THE RIDE.....Life is the journey, not the destination. And the journey
has been crazy so far. I want to ride out of this life, fulfilled, and
screaming wooooo-hoooooooo!!! Life is not for the faint of heart. Walk
to the edge. Or BIKE to the edge. There is where you see the beauty of
the sunrises and sunsets of your life's journey.
Maggie...Lives for the moment
Maggie...lives in debt.
Maggie....generous to a fault.
Maggie....NUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Going home...have a fabulous weekend. Do something Wonderful!!!!

April 1st 05, 11:41 PM
can i buy helium propane with this here card?

JeffWills
April 1st 05, 11:42 PM
NFN Smith wrote:

> I'm waiting for the Plutonium Card... ;-)
>
> Smith

Shades of larry Niven:
http://www.geocities.com/g_dallimore/quotes/roentgen.html

Jeff

April 1st 05, 11:42 PM
click here to continue what?

Arthur Harris
April 2nd 05, 01:47 PM
"Tom Ace" wrote:

> Love the 21-spoke rear wheel.

Ah, but the valve isn't centered between spoke clusters.

http://www.sheldonbrown.com/fastercard/bianchifc400.jpg

Art Harris

James Thomson
April 2nd 05, 03:12 PM
"Tom Ace" > wrote:

> Love the 21-spoke rear wheel.

The funniest thing is that that wasn't part of the joke:

http://www.bianchiusa.com/typo3temp/95751450b6.jpg

http://www.cbike.com/campy.htm

http://www.campagnolo.com/pdf/SpecsWheelsEN.pdf

James Thomson

Curtis L. Russell
April 2nd 05, 04:53 PM
On Fri, 01 Apr 2005 00:12:57 -0500, Sheldon Brown
> wrote:

>Are you still using plain, general purpose credit cards like the common
>folk?
>
>Time to upgrade to FasterCard Titanium!
>
>Check http://sheldonbrown.com/fastercard for details NOW!

What the hell, the new Scottie just ate my American Express, so I'm
ready. I just don't know much of the stuff you ask for, after Last
Name. Is the other stuff important?

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...

Fred Marx
April 3rd 05, 06:18 PM
> And the drop down menus. Right Wing Talk Radio Host right under
> Prostitute. (Was that intentional?) And thank you, Sheldon, for
> including Fortran under Language Preference!
>
> Pat
I don't see the state of Intoxication listed however, nor for that
matter Delirium.........

crit PRO
April 4th 05, 04:10 AM
this was a commercial advertisement in violation of internet rules.
Please don't put this very informative and active newsgroup in jeopardy

through commercial postings.

cp

Neil Brooks
April 4th 05, 04:45 AM
"crit PRO" > wrote:

>this was a commercial advertisement in violation of internet rules.
>Please don't put this very informative and active newsgroup in jeopardy
>
>through commercial postings.
>
>cp

Kidding, right?

If not...

Forgive this poster, for he knows not of what he speaks.

Marty
April 4th 05, 07:42 AM
Neil Brooks wrote:
> "crit PRO" > wrote:
>

>>this was a commercial advertisement in violation of internet rules.
>>Please don't put this very informative and active newsgroup in jeopardy
>>
>>through commercial postings.
>>
>>cp
>

> Kidding, right?
>
> If not...
>
> Forgive this poster, for he knows not of what he speaks.

So does that make him an April Fool?

Werehatrack
April 4th 05, 02:25 PM
On Mon, 04 Apr 2005 14:42:33 +0800, Marty > wrote:

>Neil Brooks wrote:
>> "crit PRO" > wrote:
>>

>>>this was a commercial advertisement in violation of internet rules.
>>>Please don't put this very informative and active newsgroup in jeopardy
>>>
>>>through commercial postings.
>>>
>>>cp
>>

>> Kidding, right?
>>
>> If not...
>>
>> Forgive this poster, for he knows not of what he speaks.
>
>So does that make him an April Fool?

Past performances indicate that the status is independent of the date.
--
Typoes are a feature, not a bug.

Werehatrack
April 4th 05, 02:30 PM
On Fri, 01 Apr 2005 09:11:01 -0600, Pat Lamb
> wrote:

> And thank you, Sheldon, for
>including Fortran under Language Preference!

He wisely left out Cobol; those folks are mostly broke these days.
I'm surprised that he didn't include Invective, however; it's the one
language in which all programmers are fluent. (Most mechanics[1],
too, for that matter.)

[1] I say "most" because some go beyond fluent, to effluent.

--
Typoes are a feature, not a bug.

Werehatrack
April 4th 05, 02:32 PM
On Sat, 2 Apr 2005 07:47:45 -0500, "Arthur Harris" >
wrote:

>"Tom Ace" wrote:
>
>> Love the 21-spoke rear wheel.
>
>Ah, but the valve isn't centered between spoke clusters.
>
>http://www.sheldonbrown.com/fastercard/bianchifc400.jpg

Something tells me that there's an Italian somewhere who's beyond
cheesed over this...
--
Typoes are a feature, not a bug.

LioNiNoiL_a t_Y a h 0 0_d 0 t_c 0 m
April 5th 05, 01:34 AM
crit PRO wrote:

> this was a commercial advertisement in violation of internet rules.

For the benefit of those unfamiliar with Internet Rules© , the first
eight are as follows:

Rule #0: There is no C*b*l.
Rule #1: Speling and grammer counts.
Rule #2: The 'Net interprets censorship as damage and routes around it.
Rule #3: For every opinion there is an equally loud opposing opinion.
Rule #4 (Godwin's Rule): Any off-topic mention of Hitler or Nazis will
cause the thread in which it is mentioned to become irrelevant and
off-topic.
Rule #5: Nobody ever ignores what they should ignore on Usenet.
Rule #6: Don't post to misc.test unless you understand the consequences.
Rule #7: There is no topic so thoroughly covered that no one will ever
bring it up again.

The rest may be found by the reader as an exercise.

Mike Kruger
April 5th 05, 03:29 AM
"Werehatrack" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 01 Apr 2005 09:11:01 -0600, Pat Lamb
> > wrote:
>
> > And thank you, Sheldon, for
> >including Fortran under Language Preference!
>
> He wisely left out Cobol; those folks are mostly broke these
days.

There are a few lucky ones. My sister supports a COBOL legacy
system. Another team is 5 years into a planned 3 year
implementation of a SAP system to replace the COBOL system.
They are still 5 to 10 years away from completion. She's
pretty much good until retirement.

Phil, Squid-in-Training
April 7th 05, 07:41 AM
> Check http://sheldonbrown.com/fastercard for details NOW!

Is it just me, or is your full (real or faked) credit card picture fully
available for all to see?
--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

LioNiNoiL_a t_Y a h 0 0_d 0 t_c 0 m
April 11th 05, 10:55 PM
Phil axed:

>>Check http://sheldonbrown.com/fastercard for details NOW!
>
> Is it just me, or is your full (real or faked) credit card
> picture fully available for all to see?

It's just you.

Sheldon Brown
April 12th 05, 01:29 AM
Phil, Squid-in-Training wrote:

>>Check http://sheldonbrown.com/fastercard for details NOW!
>
> Is it just me, or is your full (real or faked) credit card picture fully
> available for all to see?

I don't know why people think I'm so stupid!

I've received 5 private emails about this, but this is the first public
posting. (Why would somebody who was concerned about security do that?
Crossposted to three Newsgroups!)

The number and expiration date have been photoshopped beyond recognition.

Sheldon "Not As Dumb As I Look" Brown
| If you understand everything, |
| you must be misinformed. |
| --Japanese Proverb |