PDA

View Full Version : Lance predicts a Tour record for tomorrow's ITT

Nick Burns
July 25th 03, 03:51 PM
If he pulls this off the way he claims, this would put the icing on the
wonderful cake that the Tour has been this year.

I am happy because I am a fan of Ullrich and Armstrong.

Go for it Lance, leave your stamp on the Tour record books.

Boyd Speerschneider
July 25th 03, 04:58 PM
Alex Rodriguez > wrote in
:

> In article >,
> says...
>>

>>If he pulls this off the way he claims, this would put the icing on the
>>wonderful cake that the Tour has been this year.
>>
>>I am happy because I am a fan of Ullrich and Armstrong.
>>
>>Go for it Lance, leave your stamp on the Tour record books.
>
> I wonder what kind of record he expects to break? It would be difficult
> to break GL's record for the fastest ITT simply because GL's TT record
> was for a relatively short distance.
> -----------------
> Alex __O
> _-\<,_
> (_)/ (_)

Fastetst TDF?

Gerrit Stolte
July 25th 03, 07:35 PM
On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 20:23:36 +0200, "Mikkel Gybel Jensen"
> wrote:

>"Alex Rodriguez" > wrote in message
>
>> I wonder what kind of record he expects to break? It would be difficult
>> to break GL's record for the fastest ITT
>
>I thought for sure that Lance held the record for fastest time trial - set a
>few years ago in the ITT to Mulhouse (or something) - long, flat and a wind
>from the back - just like the one tomorrow.

Yeah, but no record tomorrow: Rain!

Gerrit

Kurgan Gringioni
July 25th 03, 09:43 PM
"Gerrit Stolte" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 20:23:36 +0200, "Mikkel Gybel Jensen"
> > wrote:
>
> >"Alex Rodriguez" > wrote in message
> >
> >> I wonder what kind of record he expects to break? It would be
difficult
> >> to break GL's record for the fastest ITT
> >
> >I thought for sure that Lance held the record for fastest time trial -
set a
> >few years ago in the ITT to Mulhouse (or something) - long, flat and a
wind
> >from the back - just like the one tomorrow.
>
> Yeah, but no record tomorrow: Rain!

In that case, I'll pick Armstrong to win the TT.

The performance of the two protagonists (Armstrong and Ullrich) is inversely
proportional relative to the weather.

K. J. Papai
July 25th 03, 10:47 PM
Gerrit Stolte > wrote in message >...
> On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 20:23:36 +0200, "Mikkel Gybel Jensen"
> > wrote:
>
> >"Alex Rodriguez" > wrote in message
> >
> >> I wonder what kind of record he expects to break? It would be difficult
> >> to break GL's record for the fastest ITT
> >
> >I thought for sure that Lance held the record for fastest time trial - set a
> >few years ago in the ITT to Mulhouse (or something) - long, flat and a wind
> >from the back - just like the one tomorrow.
>
> Yeah, but no record tomorrow: Rain!

AWESOME -- Perfect LANCE conditions.
Thanks for the weather forecast.

-kjp