PDA

View Full Version : TDF: West Nile Virus !

OMC
July 25th 03, 08:00 PM
Three weeks of Freds, Newbies, Wannabies, and Idiots in RBR has
reached epidemic levels. I'm hanging around stagnent ponds praying to
get bite by a mosquito infected with West Nile and put me out of my
misery. I've picked up every dead crow and magpie I can find and
eating them raw to increase my exposure. Hopefully RBR will return to
"normal" (Kunich exception) after the tour. I've never read so much
crap from expert coaches second guessing Lance, Jan, and the entire
peleton. These guys need to get together and form their own version of
CTS ! I'm sure with their 20/20 hindsight coaching they will put
Carmichael out of work real soon. To the idiots that slam OLN: DON'T
WATCH !
We would of killed years ago to get 1 hour of coverage on a weekend. I
would agree we could do without "Sam Poser" and that alcoholic bitch
that is drinking her way through France on a daily basis, but I
wouldn't trade it for anything else to watch the tour.
What's been the worst thread in the last 3 weeks here on RBR ?
Any nominations ? This one doesn't count, it will easily be # 1 !

"OMC"

"If the West Nile doesn't kill me..........the Colorado heat wave will
"

Steve Blankenship
July 25th 03, 10:07 PM
"Gregory Kinney" > wrote in message
> I have been perusing this group for the last few weeks. I am not a
> regular. I am reminded why I am not a regular on newsgroups anymore (I
> used to use them a lot). There are so many lame, petty, mean, obnoxious,
> stupid imbeciles on these groups, it makes the groups unpleasant. There
> could be some fun, interesting discussions/arguments, but because of the
> reactionary idiots and no-life losers, any possibility of that is
> ruined. Right now about 1/2 the posts are of this category. Is it
> usually this bad?

Nope; just like group rides all over the U.S., RBR's at it's worst only
during three weeks in July. Normally it only sucks a little... ;-)

K. J. Papai
July 25th 03, 10:38 PM
(OMC) wrote in message >...
> Three weeks of Freds, Newbies, Wannabies, and Idiots in RBR has
> reached epidemic levels. I'm hanging around stagnent ponds praying to
> get bite by a mosquito infected with West Nile and put me out of my
> misery. I've picked up every dead crow and magpie I can find and
> eating them raw to increase my exposure. Hopefully RBR will return to

OMC -- I think you have the O'Grady/Colorado virus.
Or, Hunter S. Thompson disease.

> "normal" (Kunich exception) after the tour. I've never read so much
> crap from expert coaches second guessing Lance, Jan, and the entire
> peleton. These guys need to get together and form their own version of

PelOton!

> CTS ! I'm sure with their 20/20 hindsight coaching they will put
> Carmichael out of work real soon. To the idiots that slam OLN: DON'T
> WATCH !
> We would of killed years ago to get 1 hour of coverage on a weekend. I
> would agree we could do without "Sam Poser" and that alcoholic bitch
> that is drinking her way through France on a daily basis, but I

Ouch!

> wouldn't trade it for anything else to watch the tour.
> What's been the worst thread in the last 3 weeks here on RBR ?
> Any nominations ? This one doesn't count, it will easily be # 1 !

Any drunken O'Grady post.

cheers, kjp.

TimBenz
July 26th 03, 06:10 AM
(xyz) wrote in
om:

> does not forget it is usenet but they don't seem to overrun the place,
> as they have in (for example) rec.music.opera or are beginning to in
> rec.sport.boxing.

So here is my question: What kind of person reads rec.music.opera and
rec.sport.boxing? And further, am I the only one who fancies combining the
two into rec.sport.operatic-boxing?

AMG
July 26th 03, 08:29 AM
"OMC" > wrote in message
om...
> Three weeks of Freds, Newbies, Wannabies, and Idiots in RBR has
> reached epidemic levels.

Maybe so, but it seems clear that a lot of the idiots were present on rbr
before July 5...

Kurgan Gringioni
July 26th 03, 08:39 AM
"Patrick" > wrote in message
om...
> > What's been the worst thread in the last 3 weeks here on RBR ?
> > Any nominations ? This one doesn't count, it will easily be # 1 !
> >

> Here's my vote...
>
> Strategy in TDF and why some thing it's boring...

I'd agree with that.

Couldn't really tell if it was a troll or if he really was that clueless.

Clovis Lark
July 26th 03, 04:51 PM
TimBenz > wrote:
> (xyz) wrote in
> om:

>> does not forget it is usenet but they don't seem to overrun the place,
>> as they have in (for example) rec.music.opera or are beginning to in
>> rec.sport.boxing.

> So here is my question: What kind of person reads rec.music.opera and
> rec.sport.boxing? And further, am I the only one who fancies combining the
> two into rec.sport.operatic-boxing?

Were Gene Tunney still alive you might meet such a fella. That
heavyweight champion was a Metropolitan Opera regular. But he'd probably
have been appalled by some of the behavior on newsgroups that come closer
to professional rastling than boxing...

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home