PDA

View Full Version : Somebody explain this...

April 12th 05, 07:44 PM
http://www.indegloria.be/Pix/Aflev/Afl3/Afl303.jpg

Curtis L. Russell
April 12th 05, 08:49 PM
On 12 Apr 2005 11:44:45 -0700, "
> wrote:

>http://www.indegloria.be/Pix/Aflev/Afl3/Afl303.jpg

Track officials remove demonstrator trying to bring the desperate
plight of Krispy Kreme doughnuts to the attention of cyclists the
world over - little realizing that most of the KK aficianados don't
watch track anyway.

The ladder? Guessing that they're going to do subsurface work soon.
Safe enough to race on, but the officials are too smart to actually
walk there.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...

Andrew F Martin
April 12th 05, 09:27 PM
wrote:
> http://www.indegloria.be/Pix/Aflev/Afl3/Afl303.jpg

http://www.indegloria.be/Pix/Aflev/Afl3/Afl302.jpg

I like this one better. I'm not sure if he's in pain, or just
terrified.

Jonathan v.d. Sluis
April 12th 05, 10:37 PM
> schreef in bericht
oups.com...
> http://www.indegloria.be/Pix/Aflev/Afl3/Afl303.jpg

I love that show. My favorite is the 'jesi' sketch, where one jesus is
succeeded by another in the annual passion play. Dramatically, the discarded
actor carries his wooden cross prop through the Flemish village.

Hanan Ashrawi
April 13th 05, 03:03 AM
Mark Whitehead having a seat post removed from his ass because he took the
saddle off to save, you know, weight.

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> http://www.indegloria.be/Pix/Aflev/Afl3/Afl303.jpg

Mike Gladu
April 13th 05, 07:02 AM
In article . com>,
" > wrote:

> http://www.indegloria.be/Pix/Aflev/Afl3/Afl303.jpg

What happens when an inexperienced rider goes too slow on the banking,
the wheels slip out and the rider can just barely reach the ballustrade
rail. Can't remount, can't get any footing in cleats, so climbing over
the wall isn't an option.

Nice of the staff to go get him with a ladder.

It happens all the time - on even shallow banking tracks.

Mike G.
-

Van Hoorebeeck Bart
April 13th 05, 07:40 AM
"Jonathan v.d. Sluis" schreef:

> I love that show.

Fine. I thought the atmosphere, and the parody of the 'human interest
documentary' would be too Flemish for other folks to enjoy it.
It is definitely the best humor to come out of Flanders ever. Part of the humor
is that in these sketches there is hardly a difference with the real docus. Real
life's silliness approximates the parody, and it is brilliant how they acted
those 'interesting moments in little lifes'. it's just in some details.

Now about this scene: a cyclotourist club comes to the track for the first time,
and the fattie gets an anxiety crisis high up there.

Van Hoorebeeck Bart
April 13th 05, 08:35 AM
http://www.indegloria.be/Pix/Aflev/Afl7/Afl714.jpg

Kenny
April 13th 05, 08:58 AM
what about "den droad"? (the wire)

Kenny

Jonathan v.d. Sluis
April 13th 05, 11:29 AM
"Van Hoorebeeck Bart" > schreef in
bericht ...

> "Jonathan v.d. Sluis" schreef:
>
> > I love that show.
>
> Fine. I thought the atmosphere, and the parody of the 'human interest
> documentary' would be too Flemish for other folks to enjoy it.
> It is definitely the best humor to come out of Flanders ever. Part of the
humor
> is that in these sketches there is hardly a difference with the real
docus. Real
> life's silliness approximates the parody, and it is brilliant how they
acted
> those 'interesting moments in little lifes'. it's just in some details.
>
> Now about this scene: a cyclotourist club comes to the track for the first
time,
> and the fattie gets an anxiety crisis high up there.

In the Netherlands, we have Jiskefet and Arjan Ederveen who attempt the same
thing. But Jiskefet isn't as good.

Jeff in Ottawa
April 13th 05, 02:36 PM
Having never seen an indoor track in person this picture is the first image
to really show the height/angle of the track. With TV coverage the angle and
distance don't let you really see it.

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> http://www.indegloria.be/Pix/Aflev/Afl3/Afl303.jpg