PDA

View Full Version : How insulting

laudien
April 18th 05, 08:09 PM
The press conference is going on and they are interviewing Bobbly
Julich and others.

Meanwhile OLN is showing 2004 Lance highlights.

How freaking insulting !!!! Julich was third in the tour and won two
spring races....Leiphimer, Tafi, and other top pros are there talking
about a CURRENT race and they are showing pictures of Lance sitting on
a fountain shooting deoderant commercials.

Anyone who thinks that cycling has any staying power past the immediate
attention paid to Armstrong is kidding themselves.

Until an American cyclist is decapitated, has their head surgicly
reattached, and then wins the tour 10 times, this is the last hurrah
for cycling in America.

What a joke.

crit PRO
April 18th 05, 08:16 PM
who's bobby julich?

Wayne Grow
April 18th 05, 08:38 PM
..
> who's bobby julich?

he's an asshole covered in Assos. don't really know, but from the
geniuses that post here, that's what I've gathered.

MagillaGorilla
April 19th 05, 03:41 AM
laudien wrote:

> The press conference is going on and they are interviewing Bobbly
> Julich and others.
>
> Meanwhile OLN is showing 2004 Lance highlights.
>
> How freaking insulting !!!! Julich was third in the tour and won two
> spring races....Leiphimer, Tafi, and other top pros are there talking
> about a CURRENT race and they are showing pictures of Lance sitting on
> a fountain shooting deoderant commercials.
>
> Anyone who thinks that cycling has any staying power past the immediate
> attention paid to Armstrong is kidding themselves.
>
> Until an American cyclist is decapitated, has their head surgicly
> reattached, and then wins the tour 10 times, this is the last hurrah
> for cycling in America.
>
> What a joke.

Didn't anyone tell you there is no trickle-down effect in the U.S. from
this phantom Lance-factor? So why would Lance's retirement mean anything
to cycling in the U.S.?

That's also like saying since Michael Jordan retired, basketball's
popularity will severely diminish. Simply not true.

Magilla

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home