PDA

View Full Version : marc demeyer

April 20th 05, 07:41 PM
I saw him on Cyclinghalloffame.com

I don't really know the story about him, just vaguely remember that he
died really young. I haven't been able to find much about it. What was
the story? Was it an accident like Monsere?

I remember reading about poor Monsere, who died while world champ.
There was a piece about him in Cycle Sport. Just horrible. THere was
even a photo taken of him at the accident. For him the rainbow jersey
really was the rainbow jersey of doom. And then apparently his llittle
boy also died in a horrible accident. What a tragic family!

benjo maso
April 20th 05, 08:52 PM
> wrote in message
>I saw him on Cyclinghalloffame.com
>
> I don't really know the story about him, just vaguely remember that he
> died really young. I haven't been able to find much about it. What was
> the story? Was it an accident like Monsere?

No, not at all. He died of a heart attack. He was only 32.

Benjo

Kenny
April 21st 05, 07:24 AM
wrote:
> I saw him on Cyclinghalloffame.com
>
> I don't really know the story about him, just vaguely remember that
he
> died really young. I haven't been able to find much about it. What
was
> the story? Was it an accident like Monsere?
>
> I remember reading about poor Monsere, who died while world champ.
> There was a piece about him in Cycle Sport. Just horrible. THere was
> even a photo taken of him at the accident. For him the rainbow jersey
> really was the rainbow jersey of doom. And then apparently his
llittle
> boy also died in a horrible accident. What a tragic family!

Zurich
1979 3rd 1. Saronni, G. - 2. Moser, F. - 3. Demeyer, M.

Paris-Bruxelles
1974 1st 1. Demeyer, M. - 2. De Vlaeminck, R. - 3. Rosiers, R.
1977 2nd 1. Peeters, L. - 2. Demeyer, M. - 3. Hinault, B.
1980 2nd 1. Gavazzi, P. - 2. Demeyer, M. - 3. Vandenbrande, J. P.

Paris-Roubaix
1974 3rd 1. De Vlaeminck, R. - 2. Moser, F. - 3. Demeyer, M.
1976 1st 1. Demeyer, M. - 2. Moser, F. - 3. De Vlaeminck, R.

Ronde van Vlaanderen
1975 3rd 1. Merckx, E. - 2. Verbeeck, F. - 3. Demeyer, M.
1976 3rd 1. Planckaert, W. - 2. Moser, F. - 3. Demeyer, M.
1979 2nd 1. Raas, J. - 2. Demeyer, M. - 3. Willems, D.

Scheldeprijs Schoten
1973 3rd 1. Maertens, F. - 2. Verreydt, L. - 3. Demeyer, M.
1974 1st 1. Demeyer, M. - 2. Stevens, J. - 3. Opdebeeck, E.
1977 1st 1. Demeyer, M. - 2. Peeters, L. - 3. De Meyer, R.

April 21st 05, 07:18 PM
On 20 Apr 2005 23:24:14 -0700, "Kenny" > wrote:

wrote:
>> I saw him on Cyclinghalloffame.com
>>
>> I don't really know the story about him, just vaguely remember that
>he
>> died really young. I haven't been able to find much about it. What
>was
>> the story? Was it an accident like Monsere?
>>
>> I remember reading about poor Monsere, who died while world champ.
>> There was a piece about him in Cycle Sport. Just horrible. THere was
>> even a photo taken of him at the accident. For him the rainbow jersey
>> really was the rainbow jersey of doom. And then apparently his
>llittle
>> boy also died in a horrible accident. What a tragic family!
>
>Zurich

I saw some of his palmares as well. BUt someone must know how he died?
I don't remember what happened to him, it's so long ago.

Ewoud Dronkert
April 21st 05, 07:36 PM
On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 14:18:03 -0400, wrote:
> BUt someone must know how he died?

Benjo replied: Message-ID >.

--
Firefox Web Browser - Rediscover the web - http://getffox.com/

benjo maso
April 21st 05, 08:25 PM
"Ewoud Dronkert" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 14:18:03 -0400, wrote:
>> BUt someone must know how he died?
>
> Benjo replied: Message-ID >.

I'm quite willing to repeat it: Demeyer didn't die of an accident, but of a
heart attack.

Benjo

April 22nd 05, 02:29 AM
On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 21:52:06 +0200, "benjo maso"
> wrote:

> wrote in message
>>I saw him on Cyclinghalloffame.com
>>
>> I don't really know the story about him, just vaguely remember that he
>> died really young. I haven't been able to find much about it. What was
>> the story? Was it an accident like Monsere?
>
>No, not at all. He died of a heart attack. He was only 32.
>
>Benjo

Thanks. I never knew that- it was bit before my time. The only reason
I knew about poor monsere was from an article I read.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home