PDA

View Full Version : LeMond

zeno
July 27th 03, 08:15 PM
Anybody heard anything out of Greg LeMond lately? Sounds like he was at
the big closing ceremony, but unlike last year, I haven't heard a peep
out of him about Lance's big 5th. Snake bit?

Zeno

goulot
July 27th 03, 08:52 PM
There was a big parade and all the living winners where part of it except
for LeMond and Pantani (if I didn't miss anybody)

"zeno" > a écrit dans le message de
> Anybody heard anything out of Greg LeMond lately? Sounds like he was at
> the big closing ceremony, but unlike last year, I haven't heard a peep
> out of him about Lance's big 5th. Snake bit?
>
> Zeno

henry
July 28th 03, 03:17 AM
he's probably still on RAGBRAI

"zeno" > wrote in message
> Anybody heard anything out of Greg LeMond lately? Sounds like he was at
> the big closing ceremony, but unlike last year, I haven't heard a peep
> out of him about Lance's big 5th. Snake bit?
>
> Zeno

Mike Jacoubowsky
July 29th 03, 04:33 AM
> There was a big parade and all the living winners where part of it except
> for LeMond and Pantani (if I didn't miss anybody)

The standard joke was that Pantani couldn't get a day pass. I haven't yet
heard why LeMond wasn't there... it's not like he would have had to be in
the same car with Hinault or anything!

It was really a pretty amazing post-race show Paris put on. Definitely
worth the wait (which comes with a heavy price, since it's not like you can
head out to a bathroom and get your spot back).

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
http://www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

"goulot" > wrote in message
> There was a big parade and all the living winners where part of it except
> for LeMond and Pantani (if I didn't miss anybody)
>
> "zeno" > a écrit dans le message de
> > Anybody heard anything out of Greg LeMond lately? Sounds like he was at
> > the big closing ceremony, but unlike last year, I haven't heard a peep
> > out of him about Lance's big 5th. Snake bit?
> >
> > Zeno

Carl Sundquist
July 29th 03, 04:42 AM
"Mike Jacoubowsky" > wrote in message

> It was really a pretty amazing post-race show Paris put on. Definitely
> worth the wait (which comes with a heavy price, since it's not like you
can
> head out to a bathroom and get your spot back).

Apparently it's no longer being marketed, but there used to be a product
called the "Stadium Buddy" ( a catheter with tubing leading to a collecting
bag strapped to your lower leg) that would have proved useful in your
situation.

B. Lafferty
July 29th 03, 11:47 AM
"Carl Sundquist" > wrote in message

> "Mike Jacoubowsky" > wrote in message
> >
> > It was really a pretty amazing post-race show Paris put on. Definitely
> > worth the wait (which comes with a heavy price, since it's not like you
> can
> > head out to a bathroom and get your spot back).
> >

> Apparently it's no longer being marketed, but there used to be a product
> called the "Stadium Buddy" ( a catheter with tubing leading to a
collecting
> bag strapped to your lower leg) that would have proved useful in your
> situation.

Easy enough to make on your own with a Texas catheter. John Howard used
one, sans bag, when he set the 24hr record in the Pepsi 24hr Challenge in
NYC"s Central Park in the early 1980s riding for Lenny Preheim's Toga team.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home