PDA

View Full Version : Tyler vs. Gamera

MagillaGorilla
April 22nd 05, 09:08 PM
http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/7918.0.html

Editor:

Chimera? Oh, I thought he said "Gamera." Too bad,
because that really would explain a lot about the
increase in the speed of the peloton in recent
years.

Adam F. Hodges Myerson
Somerville, Massachusetts

--------------------------------------

I completely agree with Adam. It's not like the
increase in speed over the past decade could be
attributed to cyclists having specialized training
and coaches or anything like that...

Take care,

Magilla
www.cycle-smart.com

April 22nd 05, 10:15 PM
The truth is probably somewhere in the middle, with
good modern coaching, and the right scientific training,
the properly doped athlete can go faster than ever before.

On the other hand, sometimes I wonder if
there are clean riders out there, let's just
say Georg Totshnig or someone who can
go top ten in the tour, someone like that -
what could he do if they doped? But then
I come back to reality and realize they all
dope, and the best are the best because they
are the best.

Howard Kveck
April 23rd 05, 04:18 AM
In article >,
MagillaGorilla > wrote:

> http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/7918.0.html
>
> Editor:
>
> Chimera? Oh, I thought he said "Gamera." Too bad,
> because that really would explain a lot about the
> increase in the speed of the peloton in recent
> years.
>
> Adam F. Hodges Myerson
> Somerville, Massachusetts

Gamera is really neat