PDA

View Full Version : OT neil youngs address

Jim Flom
April 24th 05, 04:31 AM
send it to me

k.papai
April 24th 05, 06:23 PM
Woodside -- where cops love busting cyclists who roll through stop
signs or hog the road.

Chris M
April 25th 05, 01:48 AM
That is the rep' but only cuz o' the noon ride getting harassed and
Robert's (grocery store and deli) being a major hub of cyclist activity
as well as being probably the best place for the cops to get some food.
Everyone that has ridden through more than once knows you gotta come to
a full stop at 1 specific (right next to Robert's) intersection.
Everywhere else goes by the "no cop no stop" rule. Since there are
no city police, (only the sheriff's department and) they don't have all
that many guys running around with time to harass cyclists.

Oh yeah, the noon ride goes right past Mr. Young's home.

Jim Flom
April 25th 05, 02:56 AM
"Chris M" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> That is the rep' but only cuz o' the noon ride getting harassed and
> Robert's (grocery store and deli) being a major hub of cyclist activity
> as well as being probably the best place for the cops to get some food.
> Everyone that has ridden through more than once knows you gotta come to
> a full stop at 1 specific (right next to Robert's) intersection.
> Everywhere else goes by the "no cop no stop" rule. Since there are
> no city police, (only the sheriff's department and) they don't have all
> that many guys running around with time to harass cyclists.
>
> Oh yeah, the noon ride goes right past Mr. Young's home.

Well one of youse guys snag his house number for me next time you go by sos
I can send him a get well card, k? We should all send him one. Guys like
him don't come around but every so once in a while.

Thanks,

JF

Howard Kveck
April 25th 05, 03:04 AM
In article . com>,
"Chris M" > wrote:

> That is the rep' but only cuz o' the noon ride getting harassed and
> Robert's (grocery store and deli) being a major hub of cyclist activity
> as well as being probably the best place for the cops to get some food.
> Everyone that has ridden through more than once knows you gotta come to
> a full stop at 1 specific (right next to Robert's) intersection.
> Everywhere else goes by the "no cop no stop" rule. Since there are
> no city police, (only the sheriff's department and) they don't have all
> that many guys running around with time to harass cyclists.

Recently, there have been cops (either in cars or on bicycles) parked a
little ways up that sidestreet with the stop sign (I forget the name of it)
that's just up Canada Rd from Robert's. I've seen at least 10 people pulled
over there in the last three weeks.

I've also seen cops lurking at PVR and Alpine where people tend to roll
the stop sign when making the right turn onto PVR.

--
tanx,
Howard

Butter is love.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

Jim Flom
April 25th 05, 05:16 AM
"Howard Kveck" > wrote...

> I've also seen cops lurking at PVR and Alpine where people tend to roll
> the stop sign when making the right turn onto PVR.

Thank God they're keeping the world safe from those stop sign rollers. I'll
sleep easier tonight.

Mike Jacoubowsky
April 25th 05, 06:50 AM
> Oh yeah, the noon ride goes right past Mr. Young's home.

He's moved? I thought his residence was at the bottom of Native Son's Road
(off of Swett near Skyline). At least that's where he was when my group
nearly became a hood ornament on his car...

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

Howard Kveck
April 25th 05, 07:28 AM
In article <Ha_ae.62290$vt1.1631@edtnps90>,
"Jim Flom" > wrote:

> "Howard Kveck" > wrote...
> >
> > I've also seen cops lurking at PVR and Alpine where people tend to roll
> > the stop sign when making the right turn onto PVR.
>
> Thank God they're keeping the world safe from those stop sign rollers. I'll
> sleep easier tonight.

Hey, they say "To protect and serve". Or is it "We'll treat you like a
King"?

--
tanx,
Howard