PDA

View Full Version : Lampre's team bus

Howard Kveck
April 26th 05, 06:58 AM
It must not have proper mudflaps, because they had to put the chrome chicks on the
team jerseys.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2005/apr05/flechewallonne05/index.php?id=raceday/4

--
tanx,
Howard

Butter is love.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

Ewoud Dronkert
April 26th 05, 11:46 AM
On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 22:58:07 -0700, Howard Kveck wrote:
> chrome chicks on the team jerseys.
> http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2005/apr05/flechewallonne05/index.php?id=raceday/4

Kappa! (it's a man and a woman). Robe di Kappa used to be very much in
fashion when I was in high school. Then it shifted to Lacoste, RLauren,
Benetton. As you can imagine, it was all very preppy. Ah, the 80s!

--
Firefox Web Browser - Rediscover the web - http://getffox.com/

Steven L. Sheffield
April 26th 05, 12:19 PM
On 04/26/2005 04:46 AM, in article
, "Ewoud Dronkert"
> wrote:

> On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 22:58:07 -0700, Howard Kveck wrote:
>> chrome chicks on the team jerseys.
>> http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2005/apr05/flechewallonne05/index.php?id=ra
>> ceday/4
>
> Kappa! (it's a man and a woman). Robe di Kappa used to be very much in
> fashion when I was in high school. Then it shifted to Lacoste, RLauren,
> Benetton. As you can imagine, it was all very preppy. Ah, the 80s!

Okay, Ewoud, just how old are you?

I went to high school in Belgium in the early-to-mid 1980s (International
Schools of Brussels, class of 1984), and it was Izod-Lacoste, Polo, and
Benetton.

Never even heard of Kappa.

Or is that just because Brussels was (and likely still is) the backwater of
Europe?

--
Steven L. Sheffield
stevens at veloworks dot com

Ewoud Dronkert
April 26th 05, 12:29 PM
On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 11:19:06 GMT, Steven L. Sheffield wrote:
> Okay, Ewoud, just how old are you?

How impertinent! High school 83-89.

> Never even heard of Kappa.

Still a big kit sponsor/supplier in football.

--
Firefox Web Browser - Rediscover the web - http://getffox.com/

John Forrest Tomlinson
April 26th 05, 02:06 PM
On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 12:46:32 +0200, Ewoud Dronkert
> wrote:

>On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 22:58:07 -0700, Howard Kveck wrote:
>> chrome chicks on the team jerseys.
>> http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2005/apr05/flechewallonne05/index.php?id=raceday/4
>
>Kappa! (it's a man and a woman). Robe di Kappa used to be very much in
>fashion when I was in high school. Then it shifted to Lacoste, RLauren,
>Benetton. As you can imagine, it was all very preppy. Ah, the 80s!

I still wear that Kappa stuff -- but I'm living in the past with
fattie masters racing, so that's not surprising.

JT

****************************
Remove "remove" to reply
Visit http://www.jt10000.com
****************************

HB
April 28th 05, 11:26 AM
"Ewoud Dronkert" > skrev i en meddelelse
> On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 11:19:06 GMT, Steven L. Sheffield wrote:
> > Okay, Ewoud, just how old are you?
>
> How impertinent! High school 83-89.
>
> > Never even heard of Kappa.
>
> Still a big kit sponsor/supplier in football.
>

> --
> Firefox Web Browser - Rediscover the web - http://getffox.com/
> Thunderbird E-mail and Newsgroups - http://gettbird.com/

Team CSC also knows Kappa:

From www.team-csc.com

Kappa New Team CSC Sponsor
17.03 15:20

In 2005 the well-known Italian company Kappa will provide Team CSC with
sports wear and shoes. Furthermore Team CSC and Kappa will develop an
exclusive line of merchandise.

"We are very much looking forward to this partnership with Team CSC and Riis
Cycling. We choose the partners we believe are the best in their respective
fields, and both in terms of sport and management, Team CSC is a very
professional company. We have a high quality brand and high quality
products, which Team CSC can now look forward to enjoy," says Steen
Hummeluhr, CEO of Kappa Nordic.

"Kappa is a popular brand, which suits Team CSC's profile and image well,
and it is definitely a partnership we are very excited about. Apart from
getting a very exclusive and professional partner, we also expect to achieve
some interesting business opportunities through this partnership," says
Sales and Marketing Director at Riis Cycling, Lars Gjøls-Andersen.

HB

gds
April 28th 05, 11:01 PM
Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
>,
as you can imagine, it was all very preppy. Ah, the 80s!

Gee! My preppie days were in 50's. No wonder I'm so slow now.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home