PDA

View Full Version : Romandie prolog- 1) Pereiro 2) Savoldelli 3) Garzelli

trg
April 26th 05, 06:01 PM
Ideal conditions, same course as last year, stronger field, slower times
(McGee won last year with 4:24)-

1. Oscar Pereiro Sio (PHO) 4:28:57
2. Paolo Savoldelli (DSC) 4:28:80
3. Stefano Garzelli (LIQ) 4:31:97
4. Bradley McGee (FDJ) 4:32:05
5. Erik Dekker (RAB) 4:32:35
6. Frank Schleck (CSC) 4:32:36
7. Alexandre Moos (PHO) 4:32:88
8. Séabastien Rosseler (QST) 4:34:
9. Luis Perez (COF) 4:34:96
10. Ryder Hesjedal (DSC) 4:34:98

sonarrat
April 27th 05, 03:58 AM
trg wrote:
> Ideal conditions, same course as last year, stronger field, slower times
> (McGee won last year with 4:24)-
>
> 1. Oscar Pereiro Sio (PHO) 4:28:57
> 2. Paolo Savoldelli (DSC) 4:28:80
> 3. Stefano Garzelli (LIQ) 4:31:97
> 4. Bradley McGee (FDJ) 4:32:05
> 5. Erik Dekker (RAB) 4:32:35
> 6. Frank Schleck (CSC) 4:32:36
> 7. Alexandre Moos (PHO) 4:32:88
> 8. Séabastien Rosseler (QST) 4:34:
> 9. Luis Perez (COF) 4:34:96
> 10. Ryder Hesjedal (DSC) 4:34:98

Not that 4th place needs excusing, but McGee wants to win the Tour de
France... strange but true, straight from his mouth. I imagine that
meant less short intervals and more training of other sorts. But since
Romandie is a Giro tune-up race, it looks like he's going to try for the
"lesser" prize and let FDJ set up a team for Cookie for Le Tour.

Cunego is probably going to start a little bit tired... and depending on
how they perform at Romandie, Il Falco and Garzelli might, too.

-Sonarrat.

jc
April 28th 05, 12:43 AM
sonarrat wrote:
> trg wrote:
>
>> Ideal conditions, same course as last year, stronger field, slower
>> times (McGee won last year with 4:24)-
>>
>> 1. Oscar Pereiro Sio (PHO) 4:28:57
>> 2. Paolo Savoldelli (DSC) 4:28:80
>> 3. Stefano Garzelli (LIQ) 4:31:97
>> 4. Bradley McGee (FDJ) 4:32:05
>> 5. Erik Dekker (RAB) 4:32:35
>> 6. Frank Schleck (CSC) 4:32:36
>> 7. Alexandre Moos (PHO) 4:32:88
>> 8. Séabastien Rosseler (QST) 4:34:
>> 9. Luis Perez (COF) 4:34:96
>> 10. Ryder Hesjedal (DSC) 4:34:98
>

> Not that 4th place needs excusing, but McGee wants to win the Tour de
> France... strange but true, straight from his mouth. I imagine that
> meant less short intervals and more training of other sorts. But since
> Romandie is a Giro tune-up race, it looks like he's going to try for the
> "lesser" prize and let FDJ set up a team for Cookie for Le Tour.
>
> Cunego is probably going to start a little bit tired... and depending on
> how they perform at Romandie, Il Falco and Garzelli might, too.
>
> -Sonarrat.

I suspect that McGee is still aiming for the Tour. Romandie is a Pro
Tour race, isn't it? Perhaps FDJ needed his legs, and were hoping he
could pick off a result somewhere along the line. It's probably a good
sign for his Tour hopes that he did not in fact win the Prologue.

sonarrat
April 28th 05, 05:18 AM
jc wrote:
> sonarrat wrote:
>
>> trg wrote:
>>
>>> Ideal conditions, same course as last year, stronger field, slower
>>> times (McGee won last year with 4:24)-
>>>
>>> 1. Oscar Pereiro Sio (PHO) 4:28:57
>>> 2. Paolo Savoldelli (DSC) 4:28:80
>>> 3. Stefano Garzelli (LIQ) 4:31:97
>>> 4. Bradley McGee (FDJ) 4:32:05
>>> 5. Erik Dekker (RAB) 4:32:35
>>> 6. Frank Schleck (CSC) 4:32:36
>>> 7. Alexandre Moos (PHO) 4:32:88
>>> 8. Séabastien Rosseler (QST) 4:34:
>>> 9. Luis Perez (COF) 4:34:96
>>> 10. Ryder Hesjedal (DSC) 4:34:98
>>

>> Not that 4th place needs excusing, but McGee wants to win the Tour de
>> France... strange but true, straight from his mouth. I imagine that
>> meant less short intervals and more training of other sorts. But
>> since Romandie is a Giro tune-up race, it looks like he's going to try
>> for the "lesser" prize and let FDJ set up a team for Cookie for Le Tour.
>>
>> Cunego is probably going to start a little bit tired... and depending
>> on how they perform at Romandie, Il Falco and Garzelli might, too.
>>
>> -Sonarrat.
>

> I suspect that McGee is still aiming for the Tour. Romandie is a Pro
> Tour race, isn't it? Perhaps FDJ needed his legs, and were hoping he
> could pick off a result somewhere along the line. It's probably a good
> sign for his Tour hopes that he did not in fact win the Prologue.

I may be wrong, but I think if he wanted to win the Tour he would've
been active earlier and would be resting now. Coming to Romandie
signals that he's coming to the Giro, which, if you'll remember last
year, probably means that he's already assured not to impress at the Tour.

-Sonarrat.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home