PDA

View Full Version : Bye bye Casagrande

Kenny
May 2nd 05, 12:15 PM
How many times was he caught doping?

Btw, nice career for a rider who was even a worse sprinter than
Boogerd.

Clasica San Sebastian
1998 1st
1999 1st
2001 2nd
HEW Cyclassics Hamburg
2000 2nd
Meisterschaft Zurich
2000 3rd
Milano-Turino
1994 1st
1995 3rd
2004 3rd
Giro dell'Emilia
1994 1st
2001 2nd
2004 2nd
Pais Vasco
1996 1st
Giro d'Italia
2000 2nd
Giro di Lazio
1997 3rd
1999 2nd
Giro di Lombardia
1997 3rd
2000 2nd
Tour de Romandie
1995 2nd
1998 3rd
Tour de Suisse
1999 1st
Tirreno-Adriatico
1996 1st
Tour de France KOM
1997 3rd
Fleche Wallone
2000 1st
Worlds
1999 4th

Robert Chung
May 2nd 05, 12:35 PM
Kenny wrote:
> How many times was he caught doping?

Hmmm. Twice?

Kenny
May 2nd 05, 02:48 PM
Robert Chung wrote:
> Kenny wrote:
> > How many times was he caught doping?
>
> Hmmm. Twice?

Wasn't he 14 days on non-active for exceeding the 50% hematocrit level
too?

Fred Marx
May 2nd 05, 09:48 PM
Kenny wrote:
> How many times was he caught doping?
>
> Btw, nice career for a rider who was even a worse sprinter than
> Boogerd.

so what's your point? He got popped again or he's retired or just
tired? Some clarity would be nice.

May 3rd 05, 01:40 AM
Fred Marx wrote:
> Kenny wrote:
> > How many times was he caught doping?
> > Btw, nice career for a rider who was even a worse sprinter than
> > Boogerd.
> >
> so what's your point? He got popped again or he's retired or just
> tired? Some clarity would be nice.

We're remembering the high points of Francesco "George W."
Casagrande's career. Please, have some respect:

<http://groups-beta.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing/msg/34511ec889329129>

BTW, the real reason he retired is because he couldn't
face coming to work every day in this kit anymore:

<http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos.php?id=photos/2005/feb05/med05/med051/casagrande>

Ben

p.s. Big House's 50% HCT sitdown was before the Vuelta 2004.
But of course, we always remember him best for getting thrown
out of the Giro for playing Fight Club.

Howard Kveck
May 3rd 05, 03:44 AM
In article . com>,
" > wrote:

> p.s. Big House's 50% HCT sitdown was before the Vuelta 2004.
> But of course, we always remember him best for getting thrown
> out of the Giro for playing Fight Club.

Exactly. There's being busted for dope, and then there was busted for
being a dope. Running Garcia into the barriers on the only climb of the day
was pretty silly. Wladimir Belli did a better job of Fight Club the year
before, anyway.

--
tanx,
Howard

Butter is love.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

Kenny
May 3rd 05, 09:11 AM
My point? His retirement is no great loss for pro cycling.

May 3rd 05, 04:55 PM
The loss of that kit wouldn't be great either! It hurts my eyes just
looking at it!

CH
wrote:
> Fred Marx wrote:
> > Kenny wrote:
> > > How many times was he caught doping?
> > > Btw, nice career for a rider who was even a worse sprinter than
> > > Boogerd.
> > >
> > so what's your point? He got popped again or he's retired or just
> > tired? Some clarity would be nice.
>
> We're remembering the high points of Francesco "George W."
> Casagrande's career. Please, have some respect:

<http://groups-beta.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing/msg/34511ec889329129>

> BTW, the real reason he retired is because he couldn't
> face coming to work every day in this kit anymore:

<http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos.php?id=photos/2005/feb05/med05/med051/casagrande>

> Ben
>
> p.s. Big House's 50% HCT sitdown was before the Vuelta 2004.
> But of course, we always remember him best for getting thrown
> out of the Giro for playing Fight Club.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home