PDA

View Full Version : Lance's fall season

Heinz Getzler
July 30th 03, 09:00 PM
It looks as though Lance is going to follow his usual summer-fall
season. Lance won the criterium and will enter the GP Zurich. This all
wonderful, but it's still disappointing that Lance does not try for
some fall classics or possibly the Vuelta. Lance's reasons for not
entering the Vuelta or avoiding a number of the spirng classics are
plausibly valid. On the otherhand it's inexplicable why Lance chooses
to aviod the fall season. One can understand why Lance wants Heras to
have another chance in the Vuelta. It would be nice however if Lance
were to win the Tour of Lombardy....

dwjones
July 30th 03, 09:53 PM
i agree. after all he does have a marriage that he needs to mend. family
does come first
"warren" > wrote in message
> In article >, Heinz
> Getzler > wrote:
>
> > It looks as though Lance is going to follow his usual summer-fall
> > season. Lance won the criterium and will enter the GP Zurich. This all
> > wonderful, but it's still disappointing that Lance does not try for
> > some fall classics or possibly the Vuelta. Lance's reasons for not
> > entering the Vuelta or avoiding a number of the spirng classics are
> > plausibly valid. On the otherhand it's inexplicable why Lance chooses
> > to aviod the fall season. One can understand why Lance wants Heras to
> > have another chance in the Vuelta. It would be nice however if Lance
> > were to win the Tour of Lombardy....
>
> Perhaps he wants to do the unthinkable...spend time with his family.
>
> -WG

TimBenz
July 31st 03, 12:41 AM
warren > wrote in :

> Perhaps he wants to do the unthinkable...spend time with his family.

Funny, isn't it? Since I became a father I find that sort of answer much
more acceptable. It actually makes me feel better to see him spending more
time with his family. Think that is the right thing to do, not further
racing.

Nev Shea
July 31st 03, 02:17 AM
(Heinz Getzler) wrote in
om:

> On the otherhand it's inexplicable why Lance chooses
> to aviod the fall season.

Perhaps he starts training for cyclocross season, just in case he needs
those skills again.

NS

Clovis Lark
July 31st 03, 03:42 PM
Nev Shea > wrote:
> (Heinz Getzler) wrote in
> om:

>> On the otherhand it's inexplicable why Lance chooses
>> to aviod the fall season.

> Perhaps he starts training for cyclocross season, just in case he needs
> those skills again.

Lance's fall season ended on the 21st of July...

> NS

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home