PDA

View Full Version : Somebody tell Paolo Bettini that he's not a sprinter....

J-Lo's Protologist
May 8th 05, 05:45 PM
Stage 1 - May 8: Reggio Calabria - Tropea, 208 km
Results
1 Paolo Bettini (Ita) Quick.Step 5.09.32
(40.318 km/h)
2 Robbie McEwen (Aus) Davitamon-Lotto 0.03
3 Alessandro Petacchi (Ita) Fassa Bortolo 0.04
4 Baden Cooke (Aus) Francaise Des Jeux
5 Manuele Mori (Ita) Saunier Duval-Prodir
6 Erik Zabel (Ger) T-Mobile Team
7 Danilo Di Luca (Ita) Liquigas

CyclePro
May 8th 05, 05:53 PM
"J-Lo's Protologist" > wrote in
message ...
> Stage 1 - May 8: Reggio Calabria - Tropea, 208 km
> Results
> 1 Paolo Bettini (Ita) Quick.Step 5.09.32
> (40.318 km/h)
> 2 Robbie McEwen (Aus) Davitamon-Lotto 0.03
> 3 Alessandro Petacchi (Ita) Fassa Bortolo 0.04
> 4 Baden Cooke (Aus) Francaise Des Jeux
> 5 Manuele Mori (Ita) Saunier Duval-Prodir
> 6 Erik Zabel (Ger) T-Mobile Team
> 7 Danilo Di Luca (Ita) Liquigas

Ignorance=Bliss

Raptor
May 8th 05, 11:49 PM
J-Lo's Protologist wrote:
> Stage 1 - May 8: Reggio Calabria - Tropea, 208 km
> Results
> 1 Paolo Bettini (Ita) Quick.Step 5.09.32
> (40.318 km/h)
> 2 Robbie McEwen (Aus) Davitamon-Lotto 0.03
> 3 Alessandro Petacchi (Ita) Fassa Bortolo 0.04
> 4 Baden Cooke (Aus) Francaise Des Jeux
> 5 Manuele Mori (Ita) Saunier Duval-Prodir
> 6 Erik Zabel (Ger) T-Mobile Team
> 7 Danilo Di Luca (Ita) Liquigas

The little mini-sprinter blows right by all those huge horses leading
Ale-Jet up the little climb, gaining a gap WAY too big to chase down.

That was fun to watch. Might have been fun to ride, even.

"We should not march into Baghdad. ... Assigning young soldiers to
a fruitless hunt for a securely entrenched dictator and condemning
them to fight in what would be an unwinnable urban guerilla war, it
could only plunge that part of the world into ever greater
instability." George Bush Sr. in his 1998 book "A World Transformed"

Tom Kunich
May 9th 05, 12:38 AM
"CyclePro" > wrote in message
link.net...

> "J-Lo's Protologist" > wrote
> in message ...
>> Stage 1 - May 8: Reggio Calabria - Tropea, 208 km
>> Results
>> 1 Paolo Bettini (Ita) Quick.Step 5.09.32
>> (40.318 km/h)
>> 2 Robbie McEwen (Aus) Davitamon-Lotto 0.03
>> 3 Alessandro Petacchi (Ita) Fassa Bortolo 0.04
>> 4 Baden Cooke (Aus) Francaise Des Jeux
>> 5 Manuele Mori (Ita) Saunier Duval-Prodir
>> 6 Erik Zabel (Ger) T-Mobile Team
>> 7 Danilo Di Luca (Ita) Liquigas
>
> Ignorance=Bliss

You must be talking about j-lo's toilet paper.

sonarrat
May 9th 05, 03:59 AM
J-Lo's Protologist wrote:

> Stage 1 - May 8: Reggio Calabria - Tropea, 208 km
> Results
> 1 Paolo Bettini (Ita) Quick.Step 5.09.32
> (40.318 km/h)
> 2 Robbie McEwen (Aus) Davitamon-Lotto 0.03
> 3 Alessandro Petacchi (Ita) Fassa Bortolo 0.04
> 4 Baden Cooke (Aus) Francaise Des Jeux
> 5 Manuele Mori (Ita) Saunier Duval-Prodir
> 6 Erik Zabel (Ger) T-Mobile Team
> 7 Danilo Di Luca (Ita) Liquigas

If he had been paying attention, that could have been a finish for
Cunego, too. He still did well to finish 9th...

-Sonarrat.

Jonathan v.d. Sluis
May 9th 05, 12:18 PM
"sonarrat" > schreef in bericht
> J-Lo's Protologist wrote:
>
> > Stage 1 - May 8: Reggio Calabria - Tropea, 208 km
> > Results
> > 1 Paolo Bettini (Ita) Quick.Step 5.09.32
> > (40.318 km/h)
> > 2 Robbie McEwen (Aus) Davitamon-Lotto 0.03
> > 3 Alessandro Petacchi (Ita) Fassa Bortolo 0.04
> > 4 Baden Cooke (Aus) Francaise Des Jeux
> > 5 Manuele Mori (Ita) Saunier Duval-Prodir
> > 6 Erik Zabel (Ger) T-Mobile Team
> > 7 Danilo Di Luca (Ita) Liquigas
>
> If he had been paying attention, that could have been a finish for
> Cunego, too. He still did well to finish 9th...
>
> -Sonarrat.

Last couple of years, Garzelli had a monopoly on finishes like this one. I
think he is approaching the giro differently this year.

Dan Gregory
May 9th 05, 02:13 PM
Raptor wrote:

> That was fun to watch. Might have been fun to ride, even.

That narrow bridge 4 km out looked "unfunny" though ... surprising
evrybody made it through, over, under, and round....
Great stage
All the best
Dan Gregory

Tom Kunich
May 9th 05, 09:26 PM
Did you notice that they crossed over an old Roman causeway before
dropping down and under it?

Stewart Fleming
May 10th 05, 08:07 AM
Tom Kunich wrote:

> Did you notice that they crossed over an old Roman causeway before
> dropping down and under it?

There's an aqueduct somewhere that goes _UNDER_ a river. Nature just
takes a second look at that kind of thing and pretends not to notice...

Tom Kunich
May 11th 05, 01:05 AM
"Stewart Fleming" > wrote in message
> Tom Kunich wrote:
>
>> Did you notice that they crossed over an old Roman causeway before
>> dropping down and under it?
>
> There's an aqueduct somewhere that goes _UNDER_ a river. Nature just
> takes a second look at that kind of thing and pretends not to notice...

I'm an engineer so when I was in France one thing I took very careful notice
of was the hydraulic engineering feats that were everywhere. Every stream
and river had hydraulic engineering projects on it some that were plainly
more than a thousand years old. It was very impressive and I'm really
surprised that they haven't done a lot more studies of it. Perhaps that's
because it's so common in Europe that no one gives it a passing thought.

jc
May 11th 05, 03:36 AM
Jeff Jones wrote:
> Dan Gregory wrote:
>

>>That narrow bridge 4 km out looked "unfunny" though ... surprising
>>evrybody made it through, over, under, and round....
>

> Escher would have been proud of that bridge.
>
> Jeff

LOL. It looked great on tv, but I sure would not have wanted to ride it
with 190 or so of my closest friends. I wouldn't know which way was up
by the end of that. Not that I do anyway.

jc

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home