PDA

View Full Version : Hand pain continues...

bryanska
May 10th 05, 08:40 PM
Hey all, I can't seem to eliminate hand pain.

I've been asking about fit in a few threads, and am grasping at straws.

My bars are old-design and curvy with no ergo bends. And my brake hoods
are shorter, like Nashbar's generic brake hoods.

Will replacing the bars or hoods help, when all else has failed?

Neil Brooks
May 10th 05, 09:38 PM
"bryanska" > wrote:

>Hey all, I can't seem to eliminate hand pain.
>
>I've been asking about fit in a few threads, and am grasping at straws.
>
>My bars are old-design and curvy with no ergo bends. And my brake hoods
>are shorter, like Nashbar's generic brake hoods.
>
>Will replacing the bars or hoods help, when all else has failed?

1) What are you using for gloves?

2) How often are you changing your hand position on the bars (hint: I
change mine quite frequently on long rides)?

3) Has your bike been fitted to you by a solid bike fitter? If you're
bars are too low, your seat is too far back, your bars too narrow,
etc., you may be putting too much weight on your hands. No-no.

4) Here's more info: http://www.cptips.com/handsyn.htm

5) And another. Have at you: http://www.sheldonbrown.com/pain.html

Good luck!

Pat
May 10th 05, 11:49 PM
: Hey all, I can't seem to eliminate hand pain.

Are you maybe cocking your wrists back? Look at your wrists while riding.
They shouldn't be bent backward for long or you will have pain.

Pat in TX

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home