PDA

View Full Version : Lance say Ullrich wasn't waiting

Dave Clary
August 1st 03, 04:08 AM
Anyone catch this in the interview on OLN? Lance says after watching
the tapes, he didn't think Ullrich was waiting for him. He gives
credit to Hamilton for slowing down the group.

Dave Clary/Corpus Christi, Tx
Home: http://home.stx.rr.com/dclary
Never Forget: http://www.politicsandprotest.org

Nev Shea
August 1st 03, 05:28 AM
Dave Clary > wrote in
:

> Anyone catch this in the interview on OLN? Lance says after watching
> the tapes, he didn't think Ullrich was waiting for him. He gives
> credit to Hamilton for slowing down the group.

He should read this NG so he could have seen Mr. Bob's frame by frame
anlysis, which I'm copying from here:

+ 48 sec Ullrich shown sitting up, looking over his shoulders, other
riders catching up

+ 96 sec Ullrich is clearly not attacking, and there is a group of about
seven riders with him. Basso comes to the front of the group and
Hamilton catches up and admonishes him to slow down. A few seconds
later...

I think Lance saw what he wanted to see -- his rival not waiting, and his
pal Tyler catching him and getting him to slow down

NS

R15757
August 1st 03, 05:55 AM
Dave Clary/Corpus Christi, Tx Wrote:

<< Anyone catch this in the interview on OLN? Lance says after watching
the tapes, he didn't think Ullrich was waiting for him. He gives
credit to Hamilton for slowing down the group.

Inconclusive. After LA's fall, the group slowed way down, but the fall came
during an acceleration, so normal speed seemed a little slow. I think those
guys were relieved that the two strongest guys fell, just so they could slow
down for a moment. By that time I don't think there was a doubt in the group's
collective mind that LA would catch them and pass them before the end.

Robert

chris
August 1st 03, 01:53 PM
OK, so Lance is kind of a dickhead...Is anyone too surprised? Great
rider, but his personality hasn't changed that much post-cancer. I
think Ullrich rode tempo and made it not easy to get back on, as he
should have. He didn't attack though. There's a difference.

CH

Raptor > wrote in message >...
> Dave Clary wrote:
> > Anyone catch this in the interview on OLN? Lance says after watching
> > the tapes, he didn't think Ullrich was waiting for him. He gives
> > credit to Hamilton for slowing down the group.
>
> He said he's not convinced. Not quite the same thing, but will probably
> create a stir anyway.
>
> LANCE gave the overall impression that he wasn't impressed with the
> performance of his opponents - their tactics, their form, their
> comportment. Seemingly, the only thing he'd be impressed by is their
> defeating him.
>
> --

Van Hoorebeeck Bart
August 1st 03, 02:01 PM
chris schreef:

> think Ullrich rode tempo and made it not easy to get back on, as he
> should have. He didn't attack though. There's a difference.

my memory is in decay, but I saw:

- Ullrich looking back every 5 seconds, and swerving side to side. That's
hardly a way to 'ride tempo'.
- Some guys come back and sit in his wheel, awaiting things.
- Then Tyler comes with a gesture which seemed an order to wait. In itself
this can be ridiculised, as the speed difference clearly showed JU and his
sattelites where waiting. But Tyler, who had probably seen Lance getting up
already, quite likely just wanted to stress to wait just another moment before
Lance would be back.
-Then comes Lance , pumped up with adrenaline and nut-pain , and wins the Tour.

Julio Steen
August 2nd 03, 07:26 AM
Van Hoorebeeck Bart > wrote:

> -Then comes Lance , pumped up with adrenaline and NUT-PAIN...

(emphasis added)

Ouch. Yes. Ow!: NUT-pain!. I'm still hurtin', and I was
only watching! Actually, I don't think his nut (TIOOYK)
experienced actual impact with his top-tube, but it may
have suffered a glancing blow off the nose of the saddle
on the way down. Not a happy nut in either case!

On the other hand (other nut?), while the initial crash
probably did provide adrenal impetus to his subsequent
performance, a nut-bust of any sort would've been a
definite, if momentary, DISincentive performance-wise.

Ryan Cousineau
August 2nd 03, 09:34 AM
In article >,
(Julio Steen) wrote:

> Van Hoorebeeck Bart > wrote:
>
> > -Then comes Lance , pumped up with adrenaline and NUT-PAIN...
>
> (emphasis added)
>
> Ouch. Yes. Ow!: NUT-pain!. I'm still hurtin', and I was
> only watching! Actually, I don't think his nut (TIOOYK)
> experienced actual impact with his top-tube, but it may
> have suffered a glancing blow off the nose of the saddle
> on the way down. Not a happy nut in either case!

Hey. Look at it this way: that second fall hurt Lance only half as much
as it would hurt a normal man.

> On the other hand (other nut?), while the initial crash
> probably did provide adrenal impetus to his subsequent
> performance, a nut-bust of any sort would've been a
> definite, if momentary, DISincentive performance-wise.

He was on song even before he stopped at the impromptu musette station.
It's a fortunate thing it didn't throw off his rhythm too much.

--
Ryan Cousineau, http://www.sfu.ca/~rcousine
President, Fabrizio Mazzoleni Fan Club

lazysegall
August 3rd 03, 10:23 PM
Dave Clary wrote:
> Anyone catch this in the interview on OLN? Lance says after watching the
> tapes, he didn't think Ullrich was waiting for him. He gives credit to
> Hamilton for slowing down the group.
> Dave Clary/Corpus Christi, Tx Home:
> http://home.stx.rr.com/dclaryhttp://home.stx.rr.com/dclary Never Forget:
> http://www.politicsandprotest.org/http://www.politicsandprotest.org

I don;t want to be a pompus asshole, but i am going to be a pompus
asshole. This NG has a a problem. The problem is too many postings and
stupid postings. Now before you write about something read a few of the
recent threads. 4 hours before you posted your thread titled Lance Say
Urlich wasn't waiting, I posted a thread Armstrong: Urlich wasn't
waiting. The two sound pretty similar. Having the same disscussion in
three places is pretty stupid.

Dave Clary
August 3rd 03, 11:42 PM
On 4 Aug 2003 07:13:47 +0950, lazysegall
> wrote:

>Dave Clary wrote:
> > Anyone catch this in the interview on OLN? Lance says after watching the
> > tapes, he didn't think Ullrich was waiting for him. He gives credit to
> > Hamilton for slowing down the group.
> > Dave Clary/Corpus Christi, Tx Home:
> > http://home.stx.rr.com/dclaryhttp://home.stx.rr.com/dclary Never Forget:
> > http://www.politicsandprotest.org/http://www.politicsandprotest.org
>

>I don;t want to be a pompus asshole, but i am going to be a pompus
>asshole. This NG has a a problem. The problem is too many postings and
>stupid postings. Now before you write about something read a few of the
>recent threads. 4 hours before you posted your thread titled Lance Say
>Urlich wasn't waiting, I posted a thread Armstrong: Urlich wasn't
>waiting. The two sound pretty similar. Having the same disscussion in
>three places is pretty stupid.

I did check and didn't see anything. Maybe I missed it or maybe it
has something to do with you posting through a web forum instead of a
real news server.

BTW, you just contributed to the problem of too many and stupid
postings.

Dave Clary/Corpus Christi, Tx
Home: http://home.stx.rr.com/dclary
Never Forget: http://www.politicsandprotest.org
RSG Roll Call http://www.rec-sport-golf.com/members/?rollcall=claryd

dclaryjr
August 4th 03, 04:45 AM
lazysegall wrote:
> I don;t want to be a pompus asshole, but i am going to be a pompus
> asshole. This NG has a a problem. The problem is too many postings and
> stupid postings. Now before you write about something read a few of the
> recent threads. 4 hours before you posted your thread titled Lance Say
> Urlich wasn't waiting, I posted a thread Armstrong: Urlich wasn't
> waiting. The two sound pretty similar. Having the same disscussion in
> three places is pretty stupid.

I'm going to answer this again but this time I'll post from cycleforums
so you might see it sooner. I did a search on Google and it shows my
post went out at 8:08pst on 7/31. yet it didn't show up on
cycleforums.com until 4:21pm the next day. My post actually was on
usenet an hour and a half before yours. So before you make a pompus ass
out of yourself again (your words), you need to get a clue about the
difference between using web based forums and a real news reader on a
real news server.

Dave Clary Corpus Christi TX Sitting here .sigless in cycleforums.com
(for the first and last time).

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home