PDA

View Full Version : Cycling Braless?

Claire Petersky
May 15th 05, 10:17 PM
"Varmint" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> the wife asked me the other day what the story was with
> female cyclists, and whether they ride sans underwear. Since she's
> permanently braless, and I really like it that way, she rides braless
> all the time. How many other ladies out there also ride braless?

Varmint, ladies also "go commando" when it comes to bike shorts.

If your wife is a real dangler, it would help her with "boobs to the tube"
in a tuck, no?

Seriously, if she's comfortable braless, OK then. The advantage to wearing
sports bras whilst riding is that everything is held in place and there's
nothing to rub or chafe while on the bike for extended periods. If neither
of these two are issues, I don't think it matters.

--
Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky

See the books I've set free at:

Varmint
May 16th 05, 11:33 AM
Hiya Folks
Another lurker edging cautiously into the limelight ....
I'm a "reborn" cyclist after 20 years off the bike. Never really took
cycling seriously until recently when I got all the kit and bits to
look the part. Now while its not mews that us gents go commando in our
cycling shorts, the wife asked me the other day what the story was with
female cyclists, and whether they ride sans underwear. Since she's
permanently braless, and I really like it that way, she rides braless
all the time. How many other ladies out there also ride braless?

Varmint

Elisa Francesca Roselli
May 16th 05, 01:32 PM
Varmint a écrit :
Since she's
> permanently braless, and I really like it that way, she rides braless
> all the time. How many other ladies out there also ride braless?

I'm never braless and my bras are engineered like the Golden Gate
Bridge. However, I don't think that cycling is harder on the ballast
than walking, and if I were a braless type, I would not change my
habits. This is unlike jogging which causes the works to jolt up and
down at every step. I guess only if she were planning to do a lot of
off-road on an unsuspended bike would it even be an issue.

EFR
Ile de France

Maggie
May 16th 05, 02:49 PM
Varmint wrote:
How many other ladies out there also ride braless?

> Varmint

What the hell difference would a bra make cycling? Bras are all a
matter of comfort for any activity. Some women who are well endowed,
find it very uncomfortable to do any exercise without something to keep
the "girlfriends" from bouncing. Others like to call attention to the
bouncing. Others don't have enough to bounce. This is a personal
issue and choice. I NEVER wore a bra until I had kids. After
breastfeeding three kids and gravity pulling them down through the
years....I find bras to be my friend. They give the illusion of
PERKY!!!

I do find sports bras to be too binding. I hate them.

Maggie...

Roy Owen
May 16th 05, 03:02 PM
Varmint wrote:
> Hiya Folks
> Another lurker edging cautiously into the limelight ....
> I'm a "reborn" cyclist after 20 years off the bike. Never really took
> cycling seriously until recently when I got all the kit and bits to
> look the part. Now while its not mews that us gents go commando in our
> cycling shorts, the wife asked me the other day what the story was with
> female cyclists, and whether they ride sans underwear. Since she's
> permanently braless, and I really like it that way, she rides braless
> all the time. How many other ladies out there also ride braless?
>
> Varmint

Not being of the female persuasion I can't with authority but it seems
to me that what type of cycling shorts you wear would also dictate if
you wear a bra or not. I imagine that bibs with mesh uppers would chafe
.. That being said my wife does not wear a bra for anything nor does she
need to...

Roy Owen

Maggie
May 16th 05, 03:31 PM
Roy Owen wrote:
> Not being of the female persuasion I can't say with authority.......
Roy Owen

Very true. You have no idea. Unless you HAVE boobs, you have no idea
what it feels like to ride braless. Just as I have no idea what it
feels like for a man to dangle. Or to have an appendage with a mind of
its own. ;-)

Maggie

1oki
May 16th 05, 04:09 PM
"Roy Owen" > wrote in message
> Varmint wrote:
>> Hiya Folks
>> Another lurker edging cautiously into the limelight ....
>> I'm a "reborn" cyclist after 20 years off the bike. Never really took
>> cycling seriously until recently when I got all the kit and bits to
>> look the part. Now while its not mews that us gents go commando in our
>> cycling shorts, the wife asked me the other day what the story was with
>> female cyclists, and whether they ride sans underwear. Since she's
>> permanently braless, and I really like it that way, she rides braless
>> all the time. How many other ladies out there also ride braless?
>>
> Not being of the female persuasion

So you wear the Bro? Or is it the Mansiere?

:)

--
'It shrinks?!?'
'Like a frightened turtle.' -jerry & elaine

Leo Lichtman
May 16th 05, 05:21 PM
"1oki" wrote: So you wear the Bro? Or is it the Mansiere?
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Not that there's anything WRONG with that.

Chris Esposito
May 16th 05, 07:44 PM
Maggie wrote:
> Roy Owen wrote:
>
>>Not being of the female persuasion I can't say with authority.......
>
> Roy Owen
>

> Very true. You have no idea. Unless you HAVE boobs, you have no idea
> what it feels like to ride braless. Just as I have no idea what it
> feels like for a man to dangle. Or to have an appendage with a mind of
> its own. ;-)
>
> Maggie

You mean the appendage above and between our shoulders, or a man's day
to day brain :-)?

Chris
#! rnews 1383
Newsgroups: comp.lang.java.gui
From: "Fred L. Kleinschmidt" >
Subject: Re: How to make elements of a text area clickable?
Sender: (Boeing NNTP News Access)
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 18:49:25 GMT

wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Not sure if I am using the right GUI component for this.
>
> I have number of elements in rows in JTextArea.
>
> row1
> row2
> row3
>
> I have a number of elements in each row such as :
>
> col1 col2 col3 col4
> col1 col2 col3 col4
> col1 col2 col3 col4
>
> I would like to make each row clickable, so the user only needs to
> click on the row to select it. How can I do this? Can I do this with
> a JTextArea?
>
> Right now, the user has to drag across the row.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Gil

use a JList or JTable

--
Fred L. Kleinschmidt
Boeing Associate Technical Fellow

Maggie
May 16th 05, 08:53 PM
Leo Lichtman wrote:
> "1oki" wrote: So you wear the Bro? Or is it the Mansiere?
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> Not that there's anything WRONG with that.

Do I hear Seinfeld in this? Not that there is anything wrong with
that..............

Maggie.

Gosh, I love that show.

May 17th 05, 12:46 AM
On Mon, 16 May 2005 16:21:17 GMT, "Leo Lichtman"
> wrote:

>"1oki" wrote: So you wear the Bro? Or is it the Mansiere?
>^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>Not that there's anything WRONG with that.

Those slings they give you for broken collarbones are kind of like
Mansieres or Bros.

Jym Dyer
May 18th 05, 06:38 PM
> I'm never braless and my bras are engineered like the Golden
> Gate Bridge.

=v= Does that mean bicyclists and pedestrians have free access
but motorists have to pay a toll?

> However, I don't think that cycling is harder on the ballast
> than walking, and if I were a braless type, I would not change
> my habits.

=v= I have a friend who actually finds it thrilling (notice how
I maturely avoided the word "titillating") to ride braless and
hit bumps, train tracks, etc. I usually prefer smoother roads
when I ride solo, but she picks other routes.
<_Jym_>

Maggie
May 18th 05, 07:16 PM
Jym Dyer wrote:
> =v= I have a friend who actually finds it thrilling (notice how
> I maturely avoided the word "titillating") to ride braless and
> hit bumps, train tracks, etc. > <_Jym_>

Maturely speaking, tell her to try horseback riding. WHOOHOO ;-)

Maggie

Veloise
May 18th 05, 07:50 PM

Maggie wrote:
> Maturely speaking, tell her to try horseback riding. WHOOHOO ;-)

"It's the cobblestones."

just the punchline of a joke...

--Karen M.

Maggie
May 19th 05, 08:36 PM
Veloise wrote:
> Jym Dyer wrote:
> > > =v= I have a friend who actually finds it thrilling (notice how
> > > I maturely avoided the word "titillating") to ride braless and
> > > hit bumps, train tracks, etc. > <_Jym_>
>
> Maggie wrote:
> > Maturely speaking, tell her to try horseback riding. WHOOHOO ;-)
>
> "It's the cobblestones."
>
> just the punchline of a joke...
>
> --Karen M.

OK...I have the punchline...ya gonna tell me the joke. ;-)

Maggie

Oh I didn't understand till I was seventeen
Oh I didn't realize she made a first class fool out of me
Oh Maggie if you're still out there the rest is history
-Rod Stewart

1oki
May 20th 05, 02:20 AM
"Maggie" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> OK...I have the punchline...ya gonna tell me the joke. ;-)
>
> Maggie
>

> Oh I didn't understand till I was seventeen
> Oh I didn't realize she made a first class fool out of me
> Oh Maggie if you're still out there the rest is history
> -Rod Stewart

So you were the one who... ummm... 'educated' little Rodney Stewart? Are
you bragging or confessing?

:)

--
'You pass this way but once
There's no such thing as normal

Zoot Katz
May 20th 05, 05:37 AM
Thu, 19 May 2005 21:20:21 -0400, >,
"1oki" > wrote:

> So you were the one who... ummm... 'educated' little Rodney Stewart? Are
>you bragging or confessing?

Dreaming.
--
zk

Maggie
May 20th 05, 11:00 AM
Zoot Katz wrote:
> Thu, 19 May 2005 21:20:21 -0400, >,
> "1oki" > wrote:
>
> > So you were the one who... ummm... 'educated' little Rodney
Stewart? Are
> >you bragging or confessing?
>
> Dreaming.
> --
> zk

YOU GOT IT BABY!!!! I would love to have been Rod's Maggie. I still
see him in concert every tour. Have not missed a tour yet. ;-)

Baby take me
And if you want a love that can't be beat
Baby take me
And if you want a love that's oh so sweet
Baby take me

Rod Stewart - The Early years...

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home