PDA

View Full Version : Help with bottom bracket dimensions

Gordon Taylor
May 17th 05, 10:03 AM
I own a 2000 (ish) Specialized rockhopper pro and unfortunately the
bottom bracket is in a bad way and therefore I thought that I would
treat it to a new one.

Taking the BB out I was able to read the following details:

BB-LP27
BC 1.37x24
68

Having never purchased a new bottom bracket before I thought that I had
all the information I need. However, there seems to be a dimension I am
missing (something like 118 or 113 etc.). Does anyone know what this
number should be for a 2000 rockhopper pro?

I would also be grateful for any suggestions on what BB to buy (perhaps
one that is a slight upgrade)? If it makes a difference: The bike is my
workhorse bike and is therefore used to ride to work, tow the children
on the U+2. Mileage of around 20 per day.

Many thanks,

Gordon

m-gineering
May 17th 05, 10:29 AM
Gordon Taylor wrote:

> I own a 2000 (ish) Specialized rockhopper pro and unfortunately the
> bottom bracket is in a bad way and therefore I thought that I would
> treat it to a new one.
>
> Taking the BB out I was able to read the following details:
>
> BB-LP27
> BC 1.37x24
> 68
>
> Having never purchased a new bottom bracket before I thought that I had
> all the information I need. However, there seems to be a dimension I am
> missing (something like 118 or 113 etc.). Does anyone know what this
> number should be for a 2000 rockhopper pro?

I don't know but you do: It's the axle lenght (end to end) in
millimeters. Threading is bogstandard English cycling thread

A Shimano BB UN40 or UN 52 will do fine

--
---
Marten Gerritsen

INFOapestaartjeM-GINEERINGpuntNL
www.m-gineering.nl

MSeries
May 17th 05, 10:32 AM
Gordon Taylor wrote:
> I own a 2000 (ish) Specialized rockhopper pro and unfortunately the
> bottom bracket is in a bad way and therefore I thought that I would
> treat it to a new one.
>
> Taking the BB out I was able to read the following details:
>
> BB-LP27
> BC 1.37x24
> 68
>
> Having never purchased a new bottom bracket before I thought that I
had
> all the information I need. However, there seems to be a dimension I
am
> missing (something like 118 or 113 etc.). Does anyone know what this

> number should be for a 2000 rockhopper pro?
>
> I would also be grateful for any suggestions on what BB to buy
(perhaps
> one that is a slight upgrade)? If it makes a difference: The bike is
my
> workhorse bike and is therefore used to ride to work, tow the
children
> on the U+2. Mileage of around 20 per day.
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Gordon

The number you are missing in the length of the axle, just measure it,
use of calipers makes it easier. The other numbers refer to the thread
and shell length and are essential too. Shimano UN73 is reasonable
quality, you don't say what you have now and I can't tell from the
numbers so its impossible to say whether or not a UN73 will be better.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home