PDA

View Full Version : Bike show on Resonance FM

John Hearns
May 17th 05, 12:06 PM
http://www.unstablesound.net/bike3.html

Listen using Realaudio or MP3

JLB
May 17th 05, 02:11 PM
John Hearns wrote:
> http://www.unstablesound.net/bike3.html
>
> Listen using Realaudio or MP3

No, no no. Real Audio is the Work of Stan, a thoroughly obnoxious
intrusive product that weasels its way into all parts of your PC,
pesters you forevermore with messages about buying the upgraded product
and whose removal requires an effort comparable to eliminating
cockroaches from a heavily infested tropical hotel. I would rather set
fire to my PC than tolerate another outbreak of it.

All praise then to the good people who also see it like that, but who
unlike me also know how to write applications, and have created Real
Alternative. Does the job, gives no aggro.

--
Joe * If I cannot be free I'll be cheap

Jeremy Collins
May 17th 05, 03:18 PM
On Tue, 17 May 2005 14:11:03 +0100, JLB > wrote:

> John Hearns wrote:
>> http://www.unstablesound.net/bike3.html
>> Listen using Realaudio or MP3
>
> No, no no. Real Audio is the Work of Stan, a thoroughly obnoxious
> intrusive product that weasels its way into all parts of your PC,
> pesters you forevermore with messages about buying the upgraded product
> and whose removal requires an effort comparable to eliminating
> cockroaches from a heavily infested tropical hotel. I would rather set
> fire to my PC than tolerate another outbreak of it.

RealMedia (or so they claim) have finally listened to all the
criticism and RealAudio v10 isn't too bad in this regard. The
installer tries to get you to sign up for "news updates", but
opting out seems to be respected. The free version available
via the BBC website is the one to go for, as it doesn't nag
you to upgrade:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/audiohelp_install.shtml

--
jc

Danny Colyer
May 18th 05, 07:27 PM
John Hearns wrote:
> http://www.unstablesound.net/bike3.html
>
> Listen using Realaudio or MP3

Thanks John. I've already listened to all the shows up to 18/04/05,
having read about it in the CTC newsletter a couple of weeks ago, but
last time I looked there were no more shows available online. Now there
are 4 more for me to listen to.

BTW, can anyone identify the "I Hate Cars" song that features in some of
the shows, for example at the beginning of the 25/04/05 show?

Mike Jones
May 19th 05, 09:11 AM
Danny Colyer wrote:
> John Hearns wrote:
>> http://www.unstablesound.net/bike3.html
>>
>> Listen using Realaudio or MP3
>
> Thanks John. I've already listened to all the shows up to 18/04/05,
> having read about it in the CTC newsletter a couple of weeks ago, but
> last time I looked there were no more shows available online. Now
> there are 4 more for me to listen to.
>
> BTW, can anyone identify the "I Hate Cars" song that features in some
> of the shows, for example at the beginning of the 25/04/05 show?

Not as such, but I know the Buzzcocks did "I hate fast cars"

Danny Colyer
May 21st 05, 12:21 AM
I wondered:
>>can anyone identify the "I Hate Cars" song that features in some
>>of the shows, for example at the beginning of the 25/04/05 show?

and Mike Jones responded:
> Not as such, but I know the Buzzcocks did "I hate fast cars"

Thanks Mike. I e-mailed the show's presenter, the track is called
"Cars" by The Desperate Bicycles.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home