PDA

View Full Version : Re: RBR Gods

Ken Papai
August 3rd 03, 02:01 AM
"Bruce Johnston" > wrote ...
> Ok, since the theme has been stirred up, I have always wondered too. Who
are
> the RBR gods? What is the pecking order? Can anyone provide a list of the
> top five? At least you can get an idea about rank and status. It's not
> personal, just out of pure interest? Does knowledge fit into it? Then
where
> would Maso and Coggan fit? Or is it based on who is most active with best
> data?
>
> Assuming that we know who runs the pack, who are the subordinate gods
after
> supreme ruler?
>
> My guess and it's just speculation...
>
> 2. Pappy
> 3. Carl
> 4. Tritonrider
> 5. Bikerecker
>
> But if pure knowledge is priority then Sundquist, Maso and Coggan would be
> right up there. There are quite a few others but who would they be?

Maso ehh? Nope.
Sundquist is way high and Coggan is good (but boring).

Connelly should be high too.

Triton needs to chuck AOL for something real, other than
that, then hell yes.

For shear negativism, anti-Americanism you'd have to
put j.v. Sluis and Lafferty near the top of that special list.

Bart used to be really informative but something happened there about a year
ago.
I think he burned out.

-kjp

Kurgan Gringioni
August 3rd 03, 02:33 AM
"Bruce Johnston" > wrote in message
> Ok, since the theme has been stirred up, I have always wondered too. Who
are
> the RBR gods? What is the pecking order? Can anyone provide a list of the
> top five? At least you can get an idea about rank and status. It's not
> personal, just out of pure interest? Does knowledge fit into it? Then
where
> would Maso and Coggan fit? Or is it based on who is most active with best
> data?
>

> Assuming that we know who runs the pack, who are the subordinate gods
after
> supreme ruler?
>

> My guess and its just speculation...
>

> 2. Pap
> 3. Carl
> 4. Tritonrider
> 5. Bikerecker
>
> But if pure knowledge is priority then Sundquist, Maso and Coggan would be
> right up there. There are quite a few others but who would they be?

Dumbass -

You've got this all wrong, starting with #1.

The most influential person on this newsgroup is Heather Halvorson, because
she

1) is female and
2) posts the most porn links.

Bruce Johnston
August 3rd 03, 03:02 AM
"Kurgan Gringioni" > wrote in
message ...

> "Bruce Johnston" > wrote in message
> > Ok, since the theme has been stirred up, I have always wondered too. Who
> are
> > the RBR gods? What is the pecking order? Can anyone provide a list of
the
> > top five? At least you can get an idea about rank and status. It's not
> > personal, just out of pure interest? Does knowledge fit into it? Then
> where
> > would Maso and Coggan fit? Or is it based on who is most active with
best
> > data?
> >

> > Assuming that we know who runs the pack, who are the subordinate gods
> after
> > supreme ruler?
> >

> > My guess and its just speculation...
> >

> > 2. Pap
> > 3. Carl
> > 4. Tritonrider
> > 5. Bikerecker
> >
> > But if pure knowledge is priority then Sundquist, Maso and Coggan would
be
> > right up there. There are quite a few others but who would they be?
>

> Dumbass -
>
> You've got this all wrong, starting with #1.
>
> The most influential person on this newsgroup is Heather Halvorson,
because
> she
>
> 1) is female and
> 2) posts the most porn links.

I like Heather, she takes a lot of heat and hangs in there. She got guts.

B-

Carl Sundquist
August 3rd 03, 03:46 AM
"Bruce Johnston" > wrote in message

> > The most influential person on this newsgroup is Heather Halvorson,
> because
> > she
> >
> > 1) is female and
> > 2) posts the most porn links.
>
> I like Heather, she takes a lot of heat and hangs in there. She got guts.

She also has a lot of chutzpah, and handles testosterone laden rbr quite
well.

People are probably more interested in reading her posts than anyone else's,
but I don't know that that makes her the most influential person on this NG.

Everyone loves heather (no capitalization in deference to her preference).

Tim Lines
August 3rd 03, 05:07 AM
Carl Sundquist wrote:

> Everyone loves heather (no capitalization in deference to her preference).

"deference to her preference" is an awfully good line. I'm going to
remember that. I'll use it, if I ever end up single again.

h squared
August 3rd 03, 05:38 AM
Carl Sundquist wrote:

> "Bruce Johnston" > wrote in message
> > >
> > > The most influential person on this newsgroup is Heather Halvorson,
> > because
> > > she
> > >
> > > 1) is female and
> > > 2) posts the most porn links.
> >
> > I like Heather, she takes a lot of heat and hangs in there. She got guts.
> >

> She also has a lot of chutzpah, and handles testosterone laden rbr quite
> well.
>
> People are probably more interested in reading her posts than anyone else's,
> but I don't know that that makes her the most influential person on this NG.
>
> Everyone loves heather (no capitalization in deference to her preference).

ok, this is *way* too much pressure!!! (yes, tweek is my favorite
southpark character.)

i've written more than one mean spirited post that i regret, too. your
post is super nice, but i would never expect that everyone should love
me. (seriously way way waaay too much pressure..)
:)
heather, wishing jan would talk some smack about lance right about now

Ken Papai
August 3rd 03, 06:21 AM
"Carl Sundquist" > wrote in message

> "Bruce Johnston" > wrote in message
> > >
> > > The most influential person on this newsgroup is Heather Halvorson,
> > because
> > > she
> > >
> > > 1) is female and
> > > 2) posts the most porn links.
> >
> > I like Heather, she takes a lot of heat and hangs in there. She got
guts.

> She also has a lot of chutzpah, and handles testosterone laden rbr quite
> well.
>
> People are probably more interested in reading her posts than anyone
else's,
> but I don't know that that makes her the most influential person on this
NG.

> Everyone loves heather (no capitalization in deference to her preference).

I like Heather but she's too scatalogical for my tastes.

Howard Kveck
August 3rd 03, 07:42 AM
In article >,
h squared > wrote:

> Carl Sundquist wrote:

> > > because

> > > I like Heather, she takes a lot of heat and hangs in there. She got guts.
> > >

> > She also has a lot of chutzpah, and handles testosterone laden rbr quite
> > well.
> >
> > People are probably more interested in reading her posts than anyone else's,
> > but I don't know that that makes her the most influential person on this NG.
> >
> > Everyone loves heather (no capitalization in deference to her preference).
>
> ok, this is *way* too much pressure!!! (yes, tweek is my favorite
> southpark character.)
>
> i've written more than one mean spirited post that i regret, too. your
> post is super nice, but i would never expect that everyone should love
> me. (seriously way way waaay too much pressure..)
> :)
> heather, wishing jan would talk some smack about lance right about now

I think she's blushing right about now...

--
tanx,
Howard

Read.
Think.
Type.
Send.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, k?

For some people, quantity IS quality...

Andy Coggan
August 3rd 03, 12:53 PM
"Ken Papai" > wrote in message

> Coggan is good (but boring).

Yawn.

Andy Coggan

Ilan Vardi
August 3rd 03, 02:10 PM
"Ken Papai" > wrote in message news:<rZ0Xa.53055$YN5.40865@sccrnsc01>...

> I like Heather but she's too scatalogical for my tastes.

No ****.

-ilan

P.S. She is a Godess.

Steven Bornfeld
August 3rd 03, 07:23 PM
Bruce Johnston wrote:
> Ok, since the theme has been stirred up, I have always wondered too. Who are
> the RBR gods? What is the pecking order? Can anyone provide a list of the
> top five? At least you can get an idea about rank and status. It's not
> personal, just out of pure interest? Does knowledge fit into it? Then where
> would Maso and Coggan fit? Or is it based on who is most active with best
> data?
>

> Assuming that we know who runs the pack, who are the subordinate gods after
> supreme ruler?
>

> My guess and its just speculation...
>

> 2. Pap
> 3. Carl
> 4. Tritonrider
> 5. Bikerecker
>
> But if pure knowledge is priority then Sundquist, Maso and Coggan would be
> right up there. There are quite a few others but who would they be?
>
> B-

I'm only just starting to learn who the players are. I haven't really
followed racing too much the past 15 years or so; Carl is the only
regular poster whose name I know independently. I remember him as
national track team, pursuiter IIRC; I also notice that, like the other
top racers I've met, he doesn't need to BS anyone. It was the perpetual
cat IIIs that would razz the non-racers for having hairy legs.
I have an image of Benjo hangin with Bartali, Bobet and the other
greats. He's obviously educated and doesn't need to insult anyone.
Henry and Tom are trying hard to make people think they're adolescent,
but they're too mature and can't cut it.
I've never seen so many guys use "asswipe" and "dumbass" as terms of
endearment.

Steve

Bart
August 3rd 03, 07:33 PM
"Ken Papai" > wrote
> Bart used to be really informative but something happened there about a
year
> ago.
> I think he burned out.

Ken I put this on the "things I learned on RBR"-list ?

Ewoud Dronkert
August 3rd 03, 07:39 PM
On Sun, 03 Aug 2003 01:01:58 GMT, Ken Papai wrote:
>Bart used to be really informative but something happened
>there about a year ago. I think he burned out.

He got married. Actually, it's Jeff's fault. CN is doing all the
reporting now.

Tim Mullin
August 3rd 03, 09:35 PM
"Bruce Johnston" > wrote in message

> Assuming that we know who runs the pack, who are the subordinate gods
after
> supreme ruler?

The only one you cite who belongs on the list is:

> 3. Carl

The list of others deserving consideration is very short. OMC, Laudien,
Lieswyn, Sharon Peters, and anyone named Carney. The lesser dieties woud be
JFT X000, Schmantz, The BenSharp 4, and Mike "check out my other autions"
Jones. Of course, should Andrew ever abandon his quest to become the next
Tiger Woods and return to bicycle racing, all bets are off.

OMC
August 4th 03, 04:14 PM
" Tim Mullin" > wrote in message k.net>...
> "Bruce Johnston" > wrote in message
>
> > Assuming that we know who runs the pack, who are the subordinate gods
> after
> > supreme ruler?
>
> The only one you cite who belongs on the list is:
>
> > 3. Carl
>
> The list of others deserving consideration is very short. OMC, Laudien,
> Lieswyn, Sharon Peters, and anyone named Carney. The lesser dieties woud be
> JFT X000, Schmantz, The BenSharp 4, and Mike "check out my other autions"
> Jones. Of course, should Andrew ever abandon his quest to become the next
> Tiger Woods and return to bicycle racing, all bets are off.

Does anyone miss Brian Lafferty ? I'm sure he will show up around
worlds this year with his insight into USAC. I heard a rumor that
Scott Patton and Lafferty are really best of friends and now have a
condo together in Aspen. They both deserve to be on a RBR "list" of
some sort. Papai gets my vote as supreme ruler with Kunich as his
bitch.

OMC

warren
August 4th 03, 04:17 PM
In article >, JTN
> wrote:

> 1. rhonde champ the original
> what happened to him. irritating but entertaining as hell.... I enjoy
> laughing over learning any day.....
>
> 2. leiswyn, you actually get something out of his "literature".
>
> 3. ken papai, (most improved groupie) when I started reading this group ****
> he was the biggest idiot of em all. now he has lived up to his new years
> resolution and found a spot for all of his testosterone and is a positive
> input. good personality move KP.

He got married.

-WG

Kurgan Gringioni
August 4th 03, 08:53 PM
"OMC" > wrote in message
om...
> " Tim Mullin" > wrote in message
k.net>...
> > "Bruce Johnston" > wrote in message
> >
> > > Assuming that we know who runs the pack, who are the subordinate gods
> > after
> > > supreme ruler?
> >
> > The only one you cite who belongs on the list is:
> >
> > > 3. Carl
> >
> > The list of others deserving consideration is very short. OMC, Laudien,
> > Lieswyn, Sharon Peters, and anyone named Carney. The lesser dieties woud
be
> > JFT X000, Schmantz, The BenSharp 4, and Mike "check out my other
autions"
> > Jones. Of course, should Andrew ever abandon his quest to become the
next
> > Tiger Woods and return to bicycle racing, all bets are off.
>
> Does anyone miss Brian Lafferty ?

Unfortunately he's still around and still appears to dislike bike racing.

Kurgan Gringioni
August 5th 03, 07:01 AM
"Ken Papai" > wrote in message

> > > 3. ken papai, (most improved groupie) when I started reading this
group
> ****
> > > he was the biggest idiot of em all. now he has lived up to his new
years
> > > resolution and found a spot for all of his testosterone and is a
> positive
> > > input. good personality move KP.
> >
> > He got married.
>
> More than two years ago and I
> COULD NOT HAVE made a better move.
>

> -kjp

For the newbies:

Pappy was going out on his first date with this woman. For some really,
really dumb reason, he queried RBR for first date advice.

The best was from J. Verheul, who advised him to: "pound it like there's no
tommorrow" so that Pappy's libido would be sated and he wouldn't be too
forward (trying to get laid).

The rest is history. Pappy married that woman.

See? RBR isn't completely useless.

K. Gringioni
RBR official historian

Google