PDA

View Full Version : RBR Gods

TritonRider
August 4th 03, 12:14 AM
Starting with three who are here and active and attempt to be reasonable:
1. Carl
2. Ken- hasn't been real active lately, but still a huge positive.
3. Ewoud

Most informative:
1. Benjo- His knowledge is amazing.
2. Andy- Any Questions?
3. Dashi

Most helpfull
1. JT
2. Ken
3. Greg

Amit doesn't really fit a category but, for me, his observations are "Must
Reading".

People who dont post very often anymore:
1. JDashMe
2. Adam
3. Sleepy John
Just my opinion
Bill C

Carl Sundquist
August 4th 03, 12:40 AM
"TritonRider" > wrote in message
> Starting with three who are here and active and attempt to be reasonable:
> 1. Carl

Thanks, but considering I've just been taunting Bruce J. you might want to
check with him about reasonable.

> Most helpfull
> 3. Greg

No offense, but who is Greg?

Carl Sundquist
August 4th 03, 01:13 AM
"TritonRider" > wrote in message
> >From: "Carl Sundquist"
>
> >No offense, but who is Greg?
> >

> Bikerecker
> Bill C

Oh yeah. Sorry, Greg.

Gerard Lanois
August 4th 03, 02:01 AM
(TritonRider) writes:

> Most informative:
> 1. Benjo- His knowledge is amazing.
> 2. Andy- Any Questions?
> 3. Dashi

Tony Szurly
Jeff Jones
Robert Chung

-Gerard

TritonRider
August 4th 03, 02:15 AM
>From: Gerard Lanois

>Tony Szurly
>Jeff Jones
>Robert Chung

I'd have a hard time arguing with those too. I still have a hard time
believing that Jeff is as active here as he is.
Bill C

Bruce Johnston
August 4th 03, 02:17 AM
"Carl Sundquist" > wrote in message

> "TritonRider" > wrote in message
> > Starting with three who are here and active and attempt to be
reasonable:
> > 1. Carl
>
> Thanks, but considering I've just been taunting Bruce J. you might want to
> check with him about reasonable.

If it's any consolation, It didn't take me long to figure out when I first
came to RBR that Sunquist knowledge was off the scale. Henry pretty smart
too but there is always a price to pay. Robert Chung is smart as well as
John Forrest Tomlinson. Vardi posts are fun to read. JTN and Warren usually
post pretty accurate information.

B-

Bruce Johnston
August 4th 03, 02:25 AM
"Gerard Lanois" > wrote in message
> (TritonRider) writes:
>
> > Most informative:
> > 1. Benjo- His knowledge is amazing.
> > 2. Andy- Any Questions?
> > 3. Dashi
>
> Tony Szurly
> Jeff Jones
> Robert Chung
>

> -Gerard

Who could forget Jeff Jones, I did. Jeff is a gift to RBR. He is glued in
there and I am not sure about his level of knowledge but it has to be up
there.

B-

Steven Bornfeld
August 4th 03, 03:03 AM
Dashi Toshii wrote:
> From: "Steven Bornfeld" >
> Subject: Re: RBR Gods
> Date: Sunday, August 03, 2003 11:23 AM
>

> I'm only just starting to learn who the players are. I haven't really
> followed racing too much the past 15 years or so; Carl is the only
> regular poster whose name I know independently. I remember him as
> national track team, pursuiter IIRC; I also notice that, like the other
> top racers I've met, he doesn't need to BS anyone. It was the perpetual
> cat IIIs that would razz the non-racers for having hairy legs.
> I have an image of Benjo hangin with Bartali, Bobet and the other
> greats. He's obviously educated and doesn't need to insult anyone.
> Henry and Tom are trying hard to make people think they're adolescent,
> but they're too mature and can't cut it.
> I've never seen so many guys use "asswipe" and "dumbass" as terms of
> endearment.
>
> Steve
>
> Immaturity is a large part of being a bike racer, if it wasn't there would
> be no incentive.
>
> Dashii

You mean the competitive impulse is immature? How judgemental! ;-)

Steve

Nick Burns
August 4th 03, 07:55 AM
"TritonRider" > wrote in message
> >From: Gerard Lanois
>
> >Tony Szurly
> >Jeff Jones
> >Robert Chung
> >

> I'd have a hard time arguing with those too. I still have a hard time
> believing that Jeff is as active here as he is.
> Bill C

Jeff is my favorite. Not a God, but a great guy that has a great personality
and is very cool. For a while he was giving heads ups for his scoops but
does not seem to do that these days.

Jeff Jones
August 4th 03, 10:22 AM
"TritonRider" > wrote in message
> >From: Gerard Lanois
>
> >Tony Szurly
> >Jeff Jones
> >Robert Chung
> >

> I'd have a hard time arguing with those too. I still have a hard time
> believing that Jeff is as active here as he is.

I'm not really :-) Actually I've been posting to RBR for 10 or 11 years now
(not as long as some, I admit) so it's become a habit. It's not an
addiction. It's not an addiction. I have worked out how to unplug myself
from the computer too. If I want.

Thanks all for your comments. I try to contribute, with the proviso that my
posts should generally be read with the sarcasm filter on. And there are
also plenty of other people here who know their **** (and even more who
don't), which is why I keep coming back.

RBR hit for the morning. <deep, nasal breath> Better than coffee. Now to do
some actual work.

Jeff

K. J. Papai
August 4th 03, 11:15 PM
"Bruce Johnston" > wrote in message >...
> "Carl Sundquist" > wrote in message
> >
> > "TritonRider" > wrote in message
> > > Starting with three who are here and active and attempt to be
> reasonable:
> > > 1. Carl
> >
> > Thanks, but considering I've just been taunting Bruce J. you might want to
> > check with him about reasonable.
>
> If it's any consolation, It didn't take me long to figure out when I first
> came to RBR that Sunquist knowledge was off the scale. Henry pretty smart
> too but there is always a price to pay. Robert Chung is smart as well as
> John Forrest Tomlinson. Vardi posts are fun to read. JTN and Warren usually
> post pretty accurate information.

Warren is a nice bridge between Coggan (analytical) and
Sundquist (sharp and knows racing).

John Forrest gets very grumpy (like me often) but is
very smart, esp. on the East Coast P/1/2 racing scene.

Chung is very smart (Asian-French?)

We all know Henry's high IQ and spoofiness and the gobs of
free time he has.

Ilan/Emma (same person?) I don't read because it seems
"professorially immature" to me. He's damn smart though.

Kyle L. is my Supreme Ruler.

-Ken

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home