PDA

View Full Version : Nearly had a VERY nasty puncture

Pete Biggs
May 21st 05, 11:13 PM
I found a pin in my new Lusso Coolmax shorts.... just before putting them
on. Phew!

Good shorts anyway. Recommended. Just check for pins sticking in the
backside! (At edge of pad, from outside).

Good ride as well. I did my occasional trick of riding directly into the
wind as far as possible before getting bored/tired, then blasting back
home with the tail wind.

~PB

Nick Kew
May 22nd 05, 12:29 AM
Pete Biggs wrote:

> Good ride as well. I did my occasional trick of riding directly into the
> wind as far as possible before getting bored/tired, then blasting back
> home with the tail wind.

That's a touching faith in the constancy of the wind!

--
Not me guv

Phil Clarke
May 22nd 05, 09:48 AM
Pete Biggs wrote:

> I found a pin in my new Lusso Coolmax shorts....
> just before putting them on. Phew!

do they still have the "Woman .. dont make a ******** of my best bit of
kit" washing label? Mine do, but I remember people opposed to fun
getting on a PC battlebus about this a while back.

Pete Biggs
May 22nd 05, 11:01 AM
Nick Kew wrote:

>> Good ride as well. I did my occasional trick of riding directly
>> into the wind as far as possible before getting bored/tired, then
>> blasting back home with the tail wind.
>
> That's a touching faith in the constancy of the wind!

Mr rides aren't /that/ long :-) Wind direction tends to remain about the
same for a day. I don't mind if it changes slightly!

~PB

Pete Biggs
May 22nd 05, 11:03 AM
Phil Clarke wrote:

>> I found a pin in my new Lusso Coolmax shorts....
> > just before putting them on. Phew!
>
> do they still have the "Woman .. dont make a ******** of my best bit
> of kit" washing label? Mine do, but I remember people opposed to fun
> getting on a PC battlebus about this a while back.

Sadly, Lusso dropped the label after the complaints.

~PB

Phil Clarke
May 22nd 05, 08:50 PM
Pete Biggs wrote:

>>do they still have the "Woman .. dont make a ******** of my best bit
>>of kit" washing label? Mine do, but I remember people opposed to fun
>>getting on a PC battlebus about this a while back.
>
> Sadly, Lusso dropped the label after the complaints.

which is a real shame. I'll continue to buy Lusso stuff 'cos they have
the spirit, but if I suspect folk of excessive PC-ness I shall refuse to
buy from them, endorse them or brake for them. :)

davek
May 23rd 05, 03:59 PM
Phil Clarke wrote:
> do they still have the "Woman .. dont make a ******** of my best bit of
> kit" washing label?

Must get some of those if they do - my wife has wrecked two pairs of
cycling shorts recently, not to mention my Very Expensive goretex winter
gloves. :-(

(And yes, I /do/ normally do my own laundry. I even sometimes do the
laundry for the whole household.)

d.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home