PDA

View Full Version : $5,000 superbike

May 25th 05, 09:36 AM
Hey there is superbike cost more than $5,000. Is it really
worth to ride a $5,000 bike? What's made with? Gold? Diamond?
What's the advantage of riding a $5,000 bike verse $50 bike?

RonSonic
May 25th 05, 02:12 PM
On 25 May 2005 01:36:17 -0700, wrote:

> Hey there is superbike cost more than $5,000. Is it really
>worth to ride a $5,000 bike?

What's at stake? Are you riding for something worth five big? Does your ego and
pride of place demand it? Does it give you more fun and gratification than other
things you could spend the $5000 on?

Gee, you ask such silly questions.

> What's made with? Gold? Diamond?

More valuable than all of that, human labor.

> What's the advantage of riding a $5,000 bike verse $50 bike?

Fifty dollar bikes suck, they are not reliable or competent.

Now if you had asked the advantage of riding a $5,000 bike over a $1,500 bike
then you'd be getting close to something interesting and possibly important.
But, as I said, you ask silly questions.

Ron

Michael Warner
May 25th 05, 04:38 PM
On 25 May 2005 01:36:17 -0700, wrote:

> Hey there is superbike cost more than $5,000. Is it really
> worth to ride a $5,000 bike? What's made with? Gold? Diamond?

Wouldn't think so. Gold is heavy and soft, and diamond is brittle.

--
bpo gallery at http://www4.tpgi.com.au/users/mvw1/bpo

Maggie
May 25th 05, 08:56 PM
Michael Warner wrote:
> On 25 May 2005 01:36:17 -0700, wrote:
>
> > Hey there is superbike cost more than $5,000. Is it really
> > worth to ride a $5,000 bike? What's made with? Gold? Diamond?
>
> Wouldn't think so. Gold is heavy and soft, and diamond is brittle.

Diamonds are brittle??? The diamond is the hardest substance known to
man and is almost 100 times more resistant to scratching than the next
hardest material.

What are we talking about?

Maggie...with Diamonds.

Tom Keats
May 25th 05, 09:30 PM
In article om>,
"Maggie" > writes:

> Diamonds are brittle??? The diamond is the hardest substance known to
> man and is almost 100 times more resistant to scratching than the next
> hardest material.
>
> What are we talking about?

http://www.yourgemologist.com/Charts%20and%20Graphs/MohsScale.html

cheers,
Tom

--
-- Nothing is safe from me.
Above address is just a spam midden.

Neil Brooks
May 25th 05, 09:32 PM
"Maggie" > wrote:

>Michael Warner wrote:
>> On 25 May 2005 01:36:17 -0700, wrote:
>>
>> > Hey there is superbike cost more than $5,000. Is it really
>> > worth to ride a $5,000 bike? What's made with? Gold? Diamond?
>>
>> Wouldn't think so. Gold is heavy and soft, and diamond is brittle.
>
>Diamonds are brittle??? The diamond is the hardest substance known to
>man and is almost 100 times more resistant to scratching than the next
>hardest material.
>
>What are we talking about?
>
>Maggie...with Diamonds.

It's all about cleavage, Maggie, but many of us guys already knew
that.

A sharp blow will split/cleave a diamond. Other substances will
deform--rather than split--under similar conditions.

That's pretty much what 'brittle' is.

Leo Lichtman
May 25th 05, 09:37 PM
"Maggie" wrote: Diamonds are brittle??? The diamond is the hardest
substance known to man (clip) What are we talking about?
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Maggie, there is a difference between hardness and brittleness. Glass is an
example of a fairly hard material, capable of scratching most metals, but it
is brittle. You could easily break a glass tumbler with a wooden mallet.

I'm still looking forward to out ride together. Diamonds are out of the
question--would you accept a wooden gift?

Neil Brooks
May 25th 05, 10:01 PM
"Leo Lichtman" > wrote:

>"Maggie" wrote: Diamonds are brittle??? The diamond is the hardest
>substance known to man (clip) What are we talking about?
>^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>Maggie, there is a difference between hardness and brittleness. Glass is an
>example of a fairly hard material, capable of scratching most metals, but it
>is brittle. You could easily break a glass tumbler with a wooden mallet.

>I'm still looking forward to out ride together. Diamonds are out of the
>question--would you accept a wooden gift?

TMI, Leo....

May 25th 05, 11:37 PM
The $50 bike is probably the finest example of bike that all of us
first rode. There is no higher grins/dollar value than the $50 bike.

The $5000 bike is an example of bike that few will ever ride. You are
right, it's made out of unobtainium materials, obscene craftsmanship
and is guaranteed to break as easily as a $50 bike.

Everybody has to start somewhere and $50 is just about right. In
between the $5000 - $50 is the continuum of riders enjoying the grins
they remember from that first bike ride. Some grins are better, cost
more... that's all. Some grins are happy at $50 bucks.

johnny99
May 25th 05, 11:45 PM
wrote in news:1117010176.888886.128740
@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:
> Hey there is superbike cost more than $5,000. Is it really
> worth to ride a $5,000 bike? What's made with? Gold? Diamond?
> What's the advantage of riding a $5,000 bike verse $50 bike?

What is the difference between a Yugo and a Ferrari?

Chalo
May 26th 05, 03:45 AM
johnny99 wrote:

> What is the difference between a Yugo and a Ferrari?

The Ferrari can be safely assumed to contain a jackass.

Chalo Colina

John Thompson
May 26th 05, 06:05 AM
On 2005-05-25, Maggie > wrote:

> Michael Warner wrote:
>> On 25 May 2005 01:36:17 -0700, wrote:
>>
>> > Hey there is superbike cost more than $5,000. Is it really
>> > worth to ride a $5,000 bike? What's made with? Gold? Diamond?
>>
>> Wouldn't think so. Gold is heavy and soft, and diamond is brittle.
>
> Diamonds are brittle??? The diamond is the hardest substance known to
> man and is almost 100 times more resistant to scratching than the next
> hardest material.
>
> What are we talking about?
>
> Maggie...with Diamonds.

hard =/ brittle

If diamonds weren't brittle, we wouldn't be able to carve them into all
those fancy shapes people like so much...

:-)

--

John )

May 26th 05, 07:14 AM
wrote:
> The $50 bike is probably the finest example of bike that all of us
> first rode. There is no higher grins/dollar value than the $50 bike.
>
> The $5000 bike is an example of bike that few will ever ride. You are
> right, it's made out of unobtainium materials, obscene craftsmanship
> and is guaranteed to break as easily as a $50 bike.
>
> Everybody has to start somewhere and $50 is just about right. In
> between the $5000 - $50 is the continuum of riders enjoying the grins
> they remember from that first bike ride. Some grins are better, cost
> more... that's all. Some grins are happy at $50 bucks.

I don't know what kind of folk ride a $50 buck unless they are
homeless
collecting a recycle can. Most serious biker in bike lane
riding around several hundred bucks or close to thousand. Even mexican
lower wage walker ride more than $50 bike.

Donn Deniston
May 27th 05, 01:40 AM
Wow, I think I just 'met' the dumbest person on the planet. Who is this
moron?

> wrote in message
ups.com...

> wrote:
> > The $50 bike is probably the finest example of bike that all of us
> > first rode. There is no higher grins/dollar value than the $50 bike.
> >
> > The $5000 bike is an example of bike that few will ever ride. You are
> > right, it's made out of unobtainium materials, obscene craftsmanship
> > and is guaranteed to break as easily as a $50 bike.
> >
> > Everybody has to start somewhere and $50 is just about right. In
> > between the $5000 - $50 is the continuum of riders enjoying the grins
> > they remember from that first bike ride. Some grins are better, cost
> > more... that's all. Some grins are happy at $50 bucks.
>
> I don't know what kind of folk ride a $50 buck unless they are
> homeless
> collecting a recycle can. Most serious biker in bike lane
> riding around several hundred bucks or close to thousand. Even mexican
> lower wage walker ride more than $50 bike.

Mark Hickey
May 27th 05, 03:00 AM
"Donn Deniston" > wrote:

>Wow, I think I just 'met' the dumbest person on the planet. Who is this
>moron?

>> I don't know what kind of folk ride a $50 buck unless they are
>> homeless
>> collecting a recycle can. Most serious biker in bike lane
>> riding around several hundred bucks or close to thousand. Even mexican
>> lower wage walker ride more than $50 bike.

A famous angler who just mounted another one on his wall...

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $695 ti frame

Mike Latondresse
May 27th 05, 05:31 AM
"Leo Lichtman" > wrote in
:

> "Maggie" wrote: Diamonds are brittle??? The diamond is the
> hardest substance known to man (clip) What are we talking about?
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> Maggie, there is a difference between hardness and brittleness.
> Glass is an example of a fairly hard material, capable of
> scratching most metals, but it is brittle. You could easily break
> a glass tumbler with a wooden mallet.
>
> I'm still looking forward to out ride together. Diamonds are out
> of the question--would you accept a wooden gift?

Why wooden she?

Bill Sornson
May 27th 05, 07:13 AM
Mike Latondresse wrote:
> "Leo Lichtman" > wrote in
> :
>

>> "Maggie" wrote: Diamonds are brittle??? The diamond is the
>> hardest substance known to man (clip) What are we talking about?
>> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>> Maggie, there is a difference between hardness and brittleness.
>> Glass is an example of a fairly hard material, capable of
>> scratching most metals, but it is brittle. You could easily break
>> a glass tumbler with a wooden mallet.
>>
>> I'm still looking forward to out ride together. Diamonds are out
>> of the question--would you accept a wooden gift?
>>

> Why wooden she?

Wood eye?

HAIRLIP!

Ah, jokes from 1962... Old Bill

May 27th 05, 09:00 AM
Boy damn you sound like an bull****ing idiot or you just big troller
here.

Bill Sornson
May 27th 05, 04:06 PM
wrote:
> Boy damn you sound like an bull****ing idiot or you just big troller
> here.

Oooh, a flame war between a clueless top-poster and Quoteless Pungent Poof!

Now that's quality Usenet...

Leo Lichtman
May 27th 05, 05:14 PM
"Bill Sornson" wrote: (clip) a clueless top-poster and Quoteless Pungent
Poof! (clip)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Now, THAT's a collectible quotation. May I use it?

Donn Deniston
May 27th 05, 11:57 PM
Gee Bill, sorry I soiled "your" Internet. It's nice to meet you too.

"Bill Sornson" > wrote in message
> wrote:
> > Boy damn you sound like an bull****ing idiot or you just big troller
> > here.
>
> Oooh, a flame war between a clueless top-poster and Quoteless Pungent
Poof!

> Now that's quality Usenet...

Bill Sornson
May 28th 05, 01:41 AM
Leo Lichtman wrote:
> "Bill Sornson" wrote: (clip) a clueless top-poster and Quoteless
> Pungent Poof! (clip)
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> Now, THAT's a collectible quotation. May I use it?

Well, gee... Drop a dime in the tip jar, and feel free! (Or, like it cost
ya 10 cents.)

Bill Sornson
May 28th 05, 01:41 AM
Donn Deniston wrote:
> Gee Bill, sorry I soiled "your" Internet. It's nice to meet you too.
>

> "Bill Sornson" > wrote in message
>> wrote:
>>> Boy damn you sound like an bull****ing idiot or you just big
>>> troller here.
>>
>> Oooh, a flame war between a clueless top-poster and Quoteless
>> Pungent Poof!
>>
>> Now that's quality Usenet...

Huh?

Ed
May 28th 05, 02:26 AM
In article . com>,
says...

> Hey there is superbike cost more than $5,000. Is it really
>worth to ride a $5,000 bike?
It is for some people if their friends ride $4000 bikes.

Donn Deniston
May 28th 05, 01:59 PM
I assumed I was the "clueless top-poster" you were referring to.

If I was wrong, I apologize.

"Bill Sornson" > wrote in message
> Donn Deniston wrote:
> > Gee Bill, sorry I soiled "your" Internet. It's nice to meet you too.

> >> Oooh, a flame war between a clueless top-poster and Quoteless
> >> Pungent Poof!
> >>
> >> Now that's quality Usenet...
>
> Huh?

Google