PDA

View Full Version : Re: Polar 710i IR transmission problems

Jørn Dahl-Stamnes
August 5th 03, 07:37 AM
In article >, wrote:
>I've already contacted Polar Customer Service in the US a number of
>times about this problem, but it has yet to be resolved.
>
>I use the 710i for several different sports, only one of which is
>cycling. When not cycling, I turn off the bike (set bike# to 0).
>
>The 710i apparently does not like this, because when the bike
>is on, it takes additional memory for speed & cadence data,
>while when the bike is off, it only stores heart rate, and
>optionally altitude data.

Can't see that this is the problem.

>When the bike and/or altitude are off, the 710i stores smaller
>amounts of data.
>
>Here's the problem:
>
>Starting from a "hard" reset (contact Polar for details), do
>the following.
>
>1. Record an exercise session with bike & altitude turned on.
>2. Record another exercise session with bike & altitude turned off.
>3. Record another witth bike & altitude turned on again.
>
>(These sessions are usually long -- e.g., 1 hour or so. I don't
>know if the length of the session makes any difference.)
>
>etc.
>
>Now try to load the data from the 710i into the computer using
>the infrared port.
>
>The initial hookup to the 710i works, and tells you how many
>exercise sessions it has. But then, when you try to transfer
>the data, the transmission gets about 1/2 way through, and
>then quits.

Get a RS232 IR interface and your problem will be gone.

Jørn Dahl-Stamnes, EDB Teamco AS
e-mail: (remove nospam first)
web: http://spiderman.novit.no/dahls/

Nimrod
August 8th 03, 04:54 PM
If you have Windows XP, verify the configuration of USB.
Star>Programs>Accesories>System Tools>System Information

There type in feeld "Find What": usb + push Find next

A line is marked...and if you see "...USB Open Host Controller" you can
bring the IR to the store...and change it to a RS232.

The IR USB is not compatible with XP !

This information comes from Polar HelpDesk Belgium

I have make this operation yesterday !

The RS232 is a little slower but work well

Bye Hug

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home