PDA

View Full Version : Handlebar stem measurements

Rich
May 26th 05, 06:57 PM
I have a question on handlebar stem measurements.

According to the nashbar glossary "stem length is measured from the
center of the stem bolt to the center of the handlebar clamp".

But is that measurement perpendicular to the steerer tube, or along the
stem (which may be at an angle).

For instance would a 0 degree 120mm stem put the handlbars futher from
the seat horizontally then a 40 degree 120mm stem, or the same distance?

Rich

Jeff Starr
May 27th 05, 01:12 AM
On Thu, 26 May 2005 11:57:56 -0600, Rich >
wrote:

>I have a question on handlebar stem measurements.
>
>According to the nashbar glossary "stem length is measured from the
>center of the stem bolt to the center of the handlebar clamp".
>
>But is that measurement perpendicular to the steerer tube, or along the
>stem (which may be at an angle).
>
>For instance would a 0 degree 120mm stem put the handlbars futher from
>the seat horizontally then a 40 degree 120mm stem, or the same distance?
>
>Rich

Hi Rich, take a look at this:
http://www.habcycles.com/fitting.html

Life is Good!